Sign in to follow this  
kev777zero

When are Yahoo Pro Leagues open?

Yahoo opened up fantasy basketball early this year but there are no options to join pro cash leagues yet. Anyone have any insights? Could it be canceled due to legal issues?

In case that doesnt change u can just do money leagues using leaguesafe.com. Its as safe as yahoo and has less country restrictions.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kev777zero said:

Anyone have any insights?

maybe too many insights at this point! but, yeah many of us are wondering what/why with the Y! hosted money leagues...

as nemesis says: the posted leagues in RW with leaguesafe are good, but would of course recommend double checking the "majority vote"=="YES" has been setup by the commish in the league safe. There is someone posting piles of "Pro League Safe... 78" etc (numbered) leagues in yahoo, but i think they are all 'commish total money control' setting in leaguesafe for payouts, and that's a major red flag unless you know about half the managers somehow.

• Like 1

Yahoo PRO leagues: Everyone buys in to join; Generally guaranteed fairness but Yahoo takes a cut. Still, it's my first option if it becomes available. LeagueSafe sounds good as all the money goes to the winners; but how do you ensure everyone buys in if you create a league? I like leagues that adhere to the Yahoo H2H 9 CAT defaults so really want the details spelled out before joining; or create my own league as fairly as possible with minimal commissioner control.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, apacheblues said:

Yahoo PRO leagues: Everyone buys in to join; Generally guaranteed fairness but Yahoo takes a cut. Still, it's my first option if it becomes available. LeagueSafe sounds good as all the money goes to the winners; but how do you ensure everyone buys in if you create a league? I like leagues that adhere to the Yahoo H2H 9 CAT defaults so really want the details spelled out before joining; or create my own league as fairly as possible with minimal commissioner control.

It sounds you an email notification when someone pays, thats if youre the commisioner of the league. I dont know how someone who isnt the commissioner finds out tho.

Took a shot and joined a Yahoo Custom $100 PRO league last night. Option to pay in via League Safe (4% service charge added), or Paypal. Most went with Paypal, but that's probably a bit less trustworthy than LS. Several last minute additions and payments so had a two hour delay from original draft time. Competitive draft (though I hated my position: ~ 12th) League setting were Yahoo H2H 9-CAT standard. Manager has a history of running these so that adds to the trust factor.

On 9/22/2019 at 2:28 PM, rotoJOB said:

Pro League Safe... 78

Yeah, I'm in one of those; Number 73. I'll have to double check the payout setting. As mentioned before, manager has a successful history. Same guy offers the league's I'm most interested in joining because they are standard H2H 9-CAT. This first join was a test case.

I would be interested in joining or creating a league with the members on here. If anyone else have the same interest, let me know. 

2 requirements: 

LeagueSafe for $ 

Members have to be RW Forums account holder for at least 1 year. 

We can talk about settings and draft dates once we have enough. 

21 minutes ago, ginocan said:

I would be interested in joining or creating a league with the members on here. If anyone else have the same interest, let me know. 

2 requirements: 

LeagueSafe for $ 

Depends on the money, I guess.  And the settings.  But I'm interested.

4 hours ago, ginocan said:

2 requirements: 

LeagueSafe for $ 

4 hours ago, Tom Chambers said:

Depends on the money, I guess.  And the settings.  But I'm interested.

I got a roto auction draft with $150 buy in, 3 spots left if any of you are interested. Draft is sunday, but might have to push it to next sunday if i dont get everyones payment in time. LMK if you wanna join. And ive been a member for like 8 years, i just dont post at all during the season, offseason only.

Edited by jay_00
  • Like 1

I've joined a few PRO leagues now and this seems to be the most efficient and trustworthy process:

Create a Yahoo League with standard settings (I like 12-Team, H2H, 9-CAT), then register that league on LeagueSafe (which charges a 4% service fee when managers pay ~ So that's how LS makes it's money); but it creates trust that the money is safe, cannot be siphoned off by a commissioner, and will be allocated appropriately; and ALL the winnings go to the players. When creating a league; spell out the winnings. $100 PRO league Example;

1st=$500, 2nd=$350, 3rd=$200, 4th-$150  (I like top 4 getting paid:)

On the League's message board, spell out the winnings again, and add the link for League Safe payments.

Open league to 14+ players with a cutoff for the first 12 that buy in; otherwise people join and don't pay and others can't join. Maintain flexibility for draft times as you may need to extend the time to give managers more time to pay up front. Once you have your 12, lock in the draft time. You can open joining to paypal payments; then pay that money into LS, or commissioner held; but you really gotta trust the commissioner for that. I took a chance of that for one league and so far so good; though he may ask for an extra $4 to put the money into LS. Any other experiences are appreciated.

Edited by apacheblues
spelling correction
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, jay_00 said:

I got a roto auction draft with $150 buy in, 3 spots left if any of you are interested. Draft is sunday, but might have to push it to next sunday if i dont get everyones payment in time. LMK if you wanna join. And ive been a member for like 8 years, i just dont post at all during the season, offseason only.

Roto and $150 are both soft nos, for me, so together I'm out, but I appreciate the heads up.  We'll need more of these if we wanna make this happen, cause my god, yahoo.

23 hours ago, jay_00 said:

Thanks for the extended invite. But roto and auction are not something I am looking at for this season. Good luck to you and enjoy the season. 

WTF is going on. Where are the Fing Pro Leagues. I count on these pro leagues as a source of income. What on earth are these pig dogs doing? 🐽🐶

• Like 3

Does anyone have a response from yahoo on whether these will be opening or not?  I enjoy the one click and I'm in a league in the time and day i want with no hassle situation.

5 hours ago, Impeccable said:

Does anyone have a response from yahoo on whether these will be opening or not?  I enjoy the one click and I'm in a league in the time and day i want with no hassle situation.

One of their staff posts on Reddit, yesterday they said they're still working on it but don't have a date or deadline for us yet.. so we're just left our here with our sticks in the sand.

Kinda sad, getting in early drafts is when I do best in these leagues. 

If they still don’t have them ready then I will send out the invites for a few leagues that I had set up that will be similar to PRO leagues but will be LeagueSafe that will handle the money stuffs. 

If you've setup a Yahoo league, and linked it with League Safe; I'd like to hear your about your experience and process. I'm considering it too as all the money goes to the winners without Yahoo taking a cut; (like a $100 out of the 12-Team $100 leagues).

I asked Yahoo on Twitter if it is really going to open up this year, since nhl is also still not open.  and what is the hold up. 

this was the response a few hours ago

h1xtBigw_x96.png

Sorry for the inconvenience, but we have no updates at this time. We will be sure to post here once available.

2 minutes ago, Jesus Shuttlesworth said:

I asked Yahoo on Twitter if it is really going to open up this year, since nhl is also still not open.  and what is the hold up. 

this was the response a few hours ago

h1xtBigw_x96.png

Sorry for the inconvenience, but we have no updates at this time. We will be sure to post here once available.

...aka the same BS narrative they're been spouting for the past month.

I think it's highly unlikely we get pro leagues this season considering hockey starts in a week and they still aren't up.

46 minutes ago, sixers11 said:

I think it's highly unlikely we get pro leagues this season considering hockey starts in a week and they still aren't up.

I honestly don't understand, though.  They did it for football.  So it's not a gambling/legal issue.  It's just....I don't ******** know.

Finally, fantasy baseball is over and now I'm ready to begin hoops drafting. Oh, Yahoo still doesn't have its Pro leagues open? F this, I'm off to Fantrax

12 hours ago, Del Rio said:

Finally, fantasy baseball is over and now I'm ready to begin hoops drafting. Oh, Yahoo still doesn't have its Pro leagues open? F this, I'm off to Fantrax

Yeah this looks like the most viable option.  Anyone have a good comparison of Fantrax and yahoo pro leagues?

37 minutes ago, RealityBasketball said:

Yeah this looks like the most viable option.  Anyone have a good comparison of Fantrax and yahoo pro leagues?

U can join yahoo leagues and use leaguesafe for escrowing its safe assuming commish uses majority approval for the payout allocation.

I am also running a few leagues consisting of rotoworld members if u are interested.