hlin8821

Bojan Bogdanović 2019-2020 Outlook

Last season at Indiana he finished 18/4/2 and 2 threes, 1 steal, FG/FT 50/81. But it can be probable that he won't repeat some of these numbers in Utah, where he is only fourth option in offense. Points and assists probably lower. There is no reason to draft him before 10th round.

Edited by apatas
  • Like 1

Dude if you open a thread at least make sure you got your spelling right.

I think he peaked in production last year, i'd be surprised if he produced those numbers. Usage will just go down

Edited by doomz
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

He's the only Jazz starter I don't think is worth drafting.  Though I might use a last round pick or a dollar in auction just for his playoff schedule.

• Like 1

For a late PTS+3-pt shooting wing he's definitely anemic in steals and other counting stats, but if people are drafting Huerter, Barton, Fournier, Harrison Barnes, Redick, Kennard, etc, they won't be much better in that regard, and Bojan was better than all of them last year.

I'm only drafting him for 2+ threes per game to shore up 3s late, and I'll probably drop him for a hot flier if he's one of my last few picks.

7 hours ago, s-kayos said:

For a late PTS+3-pt shooting wing he's definitely anemic in steals and other counting stats, but if people are drafting Huerter, Barton, Fournier, Harrison Barnes, Redick, Kennard, etc, they won't be much better in that regard, and Bojan was better than all of them last year.

I'm only drafting him for 2+ threes per game to shore up 3s late, and I'll probably drop him for a hot flier if he's one of my last few picks.

Yeah Bojan is boring but solid - the other thing outside of points and 3s is he's super efficient for a wing (50% FG and low to mid 80% free throws) - he hurts you in defensive stats (especially steals) but solid elsewhere, expecting a top 120-ish kind of season for him in 9-CAT. I own him in one of my punt assist team builds where I've focused on great percentages so his value depends on your team build too. Boring but definately worth owning. 

• Like 2

Admittedly I didnt know much about Bojan before the offseason, but after the jazz picked him up I took a look at his shot chart and man he is deadly. Assuming he takes on Crowder's role, he's going to fill it up on a lot of nights. 

Edited by DM45
  • Like 1

The average shooter Crowder had 2.2 3s made last season. If Bojan takes the same amount of shots under same circumstances (most wide open) he will score at least 3. He has to adjust his style of play though as he prefers to go inside. His steals last season at 0.9 were of course not good but not terrible as well. What hurts is the lack of boards and assists. He is a fine pick around 100 though and hopefully he will get PF eligibility.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, MysticPeak said:

5 triples 26/4/1/1 on 55%/100%

Man's hot.

Dude can flat out score. Missed him dearly in that Laker game

I had my doubts drafting him. Thanks for proving me wrong Bojan 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IT2 said:

I had my doubts drafting him. Thanks for proving me wrong Bojan 

I didn't realize that I was drafting the white Paul George

Ankle hurting? No problem, let me just drop a 30 and heal up for the next couple of days.

That's just unfair.

And to think he almost made my cut list during the preseason BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

Edited by MysticPeak
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Funny how roto did a complete 180 on this guy after that big 26 pt game on Sat. 

So what can we expect from him? He's a very effecient shooter and last season he's proven that he can keep those % on decent volume. Career-wise he's been relatively efficient.

Considering that Mitchell and Connelly are the only other legit scorers on this team, I think this is somewhat sustainable. Obviously won't be scoring 25-30 a night, but looking at 20 PPG, on 47-50% shooting, 85% from the line, 2.5 3's a game with some steals here and there. I think he's really elevated himself as a legit shooting threat.

20 ppg is definitely possible, Jazz are starved for offense outside of Mitchell. 

His steals have been rising every year also, so he might actually avg 1 game this year

I can see him averaging 20 PPG as well on solid percentages. Hes also been saying during his time on the Pacers, he focused on defense and he prides that end of the floor now. Seems like a great fit on this team, that needs his offense.

It’s tough to gauge because Conley is struggling heavy right now, but we know he’ll be the 2nd option in this offense.