Sign in to follow this  
Quazza

ESPN Rankings Update

well, they were always a mess and have now been updated to be perhaps even messier

Siakem at 10 is wild. Oh and Simmonds at 9 ??

welp

1 minute ago, Quazza said:

well, they were always a mess and have now been updated to be perhaps even messier

Siakem at 10 is wild. Oh and Simmonds at 9 ??

welp

I just ask, maybe I am fool, but how this update affects to my fantasy game? Because I did already some weeks ago my own prerank and it doesn't change by these updates. It means they can change rank as many times as they want, my own rank stays as I want and I will draft based my own prerank.

1 minute ago, apatas said:

I just ask, maybe I am fool, but how this update affects to my fantasy game? Because I did already some weeks ago my own prerank and it doesn't change by these updates. It means they can change rank as many times as they want, my own rank stays as I want and I will draft based my own prerank.

Just means the default rankings when you go into your draft have changed (not if you have made your own)

ESPN is a joke. Worst site to draft.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, apatas said:

yes, it doesn't mean a thing if you have already drafted

you're safe

1 minute ago, j3rkthenurk said:

Just means the default rankings when you go into your draft have changed (not if you have made your own)

ESPN is a joke. Worst site to draft.

Thanks that I wanted to know - if I made my own rank then nothing changes.

Am I right that they sell some tools? If yes - their ranks are probably not the best advertisement...

I was able to get Davis, Kyrie, George, cp3, jjj in the mock.

Edited by ssolitare

ESPN's fantasy platform is stuck in 2010. Used it for years and had to switch after their desktop update last year and terrible player rankings.

If anyone was watching Josh Lloyd's podcast, he was going through the busts and sleepers for each platform.

For ESPN, they ranked Pat Beverley at #12, PJ Tucker at #28, Paul George at #85 and Siakam in the mid 110's. 

Absolute joke haha . Do these guys not cross reference their rankings? 

51 minutes ago, j3rkthenurk said:

If anyone was watching Josh Lloyd's podcast, he was going through the busts and sleepers for each platform.

For ESPN, they ranked Pat Beverley at #12, PJ Tucker at #28, Paul George at #85 and Siakam in the mid 110's. 

Absolute joke haha . Do these guys not cross reference their rankings? 

haha I watched that live yesterday and was laughing.. they obviously made some mistakes with the names.. I love how they're paying big money for fantasy ads and don't even care to double check their own system.

Yahoo! just ***** on ESPN so hard

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/24/2019 at 4:54 AM, apatas said:

Thanks that I wanted to know - if I made my own rank then nothing changes.

If anything, it helps you.  If even one person is using default rankings, you're at HUUUUUGE advantage.

21 minutes ago, Lifschitz said:

Yahoo! just ***** on ESPN so hard

Sorta, but yahoo isn't looking that great right now as a platform either, since they're a month behind where they were last year if you care about money.

The ESPN rankings are horrible as they always are. They actually improved some of them substantially with the update overall though when I glanced at them. Before Mitchell Robinson was at 105, Bam and Brook Lopez in the 130s. SGA at 173. Miles Bridges in the 180s. Kelly Oubre at 170. The top of the draft still makes little sense though. Kemba at 52? And last I looked they have Collision and Mitotic ranked as borderline top 100 picks. That's just lack of caring.

• Like 3

what the hell is going on with their projections? https://fantasy.espn.com/basketball/players/projections

they are insanely messed up, and i am not even talking about some ridiculous things like Drummond averaging 26 and 10 and Gobert averaging 24/7/8 or Randle averaging 29 ppg, but there are bizarre typos on most players everyone's FG and FT%?

some stuff looks normal, and other stuff looks like a cat walked on a keyboard or something? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, magic32 said:

what the hell is going on with their projections? https://fantasy.espn.com/basketball/players/projections

they are insanely messed up, and i am not even talking about some ridiculous things like Drummond averaging 26 and 10 and Gobert averaging 24/7/8 or Randle averaging 29 ppg, but there are bizarre typos on most players everyone's FG and FT%?

some stuff looks normal, and other stuff looks like a cat walked on a keyboard or something? 

That's actually the most logical explanation.  Their desktop update must have resulted in cats being let loose in the fantasy offices at ESPN.  That's the only way I can imagine them being so wrong.

I got an auction draft prep question for some experienced auctioneers. My 12 team, 9-CAT, 11 man roster ESPN auction draft is this weekend. I'm practicing by doing the mocks on ESPN, but those mocks assume 13 man rosters. How would you prepare for this? How do I predict the inflation in auction $ values that will occur due to a small roster size. 

8 minutes ago, sandmanimal said:

I got an auction draft prep question for some experienced auctioneers. My 12 team, 9-CAT, 11 man roster ESPN auction draft is this weekend. I'm practicing by doing the mocks on ESPN, but those mocks assume 13 man rosters. How would you prepare for this? How do I predict the inflation in auction $ values that will occur due to a small roster size. 

I dont think it will be that much different. Most prices factors in 2 or 3 roster spots will go for a about a dollar. If you assume in your league only one spot on each team will got for a dollar then you are only talking about maybe 24 extra dollars in the entire pot. Its not going to alter much. Maybe a dollar here and there.

My league refuses to move off the ESPN platform and I'm really just angry at this point regarding ESPN's lazy incoherent rankings.  It's like the job to create the rankings got tasked at the last moment to some disgruntled underpaid grunt so he just started scribbling a list off the top of his head, then when he recalled an overlooked player, instead of going back and adjusting the list to include the player he simply just adds him onto the list at the current available rank. It would be funny to just point and laugh at except that these rankings do indeed influence drafting on the ESPN platform whether I like it or not

1 hour ago, PUNTSQUAD said:

My league refuses to move off the ESPN platform and I'm really just angry at this point regarding ESPN's lazy incoherent rankings.  It's like the job to create the rankings got tasked at the last moment to some disgruntled underpaid grunt so he just started scribbling a list off the top of his head, then when he recalled an overlooked player, instead of going back and adjusting the list to include the player he simply just adds him onto the list at the current available rank. It would be funny to just point and laugh at except that these rankings do indeed influence drafting on the ESPN platform whether I like it or not

I personally love it when people in money leagues rely on the platform for rankings.  Let my guys keep falling, all thanks to ESPN’s incompetence and other mgrs lack of preparation. 

They release these crap points league rankings then a espn guy does his top 200 H2H rankings story and they are pretty good. 
Why not have 3 different rankings for the 3 formats?

Just pay josh to do them. These nfl guys suck.