Sign in to follow this  
michael_scott

Kevin Love 2019-2020 Outlook

Once a fantasy force, he hasn't played a healthy season in 3 years and last one was a disaster. Still when healthy he delivers great ft% and 3pt for a big man with healthy pts and reb even in reduced pt. Also he certainly is a trade candidate so cavs would likely showcase him on this terrible, painfully rebuilding team. I'm personally never touching him again in h2h but I'm tempted to give him a shot in roto.

8 minutes ago, michael_scott said:

Still when healthy he delivers great ft% and 3pt for a big man with healthy pts and reb even in reduced pt. Also he certainly is a trade candidate so cavs would likely showcase him on this terrible, painfully rebuilding team. I'm personally never touching him again in h2h but I'm tempted to give him a shot in roto.

Wow, deja vu.. I swear I read this post one year ago? 

My take; bigger gamble than he was last year.  That's saying something. 

Burnt me too hard last season in my points league 

Hard pass 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, michael_scott said:

Also he certainly is a trade candidate so cavs would likely showcase him 

What NBA GM isn't aware of Love's skill set? I don't think they need to showcase him, they'll just play him if he's healthy. 

has the talent, but 2 straight years I got burned by KLove, so I will pass this year. Also if he gets traded to a team like Portland or any contender, he will be back to being a spot up shooter

Injury prone version Lauri Markkanen

• Like 1

Do not draft

Injury situations don't improve with age 

Looks like his glory days are in the rear view mirror

RIP Troy Murphy 2.0

• Haha 1

The Minnesota Kevin Love is long gone, but he still could be useful especially if the FG% goes back to normal.  Unless he falls to the 6th or 7th round (I don't think he will), I am staying away from him though.  I would rather take other risks....

Where are people taking him in snake? I am thinking 5th round it starts getting hard to pass on him if he fits your build. Under $20 in auction? 

2 hours ago, Saucy said:

Why have they not traded him, makes no sense to me.

because there is limited trade value for a dude owed 118,000,000 over the next 4 years who is declining and injury prone

Hm.. Grabbed him 70th... please stay somewhat healthy. You looked pretty good on that GQ youtube episode LOL. 

Did end up with 1 share when he fell to 66 in a league I'm punting FG%/TO.  Easily worth the risk in that situation.  

Fellow KLove owners, are we selling high or are we expecting a healthy season (eg. Galli was healthy all year last year)?

Also, with the new coaching staff, Cavs seem more functional this year. So maybe a top 30 finish is not out of reach?

But I am tempting to flip him and another guy for PG13.

Despite the great start his stock is still low, so not a lot of buyers for Love out there.  His reputation as an injury risk is a major detriment.  

There is a small minority of managers that are less risk adverse who you might be able to swing a trade with, but it's probably going to take some time with Love putting up solid #'s before the injury stigma begins to dissipate a little.  

If you were able to draft him in the middle rounds (he fell to the 60's in a couple of my leagues) or at a discount in auction, then it's not a bad idea to hold on and reap the production short term.  Should he break down at some point, the loss isn't as significant as last year but the potential gains are HUGE if he manages to avoid injury. 

His value RoS will continue to be a bit marginalized since there is also trade talk which makes a player's value difficult to predict. 

• Like 1

Nobody is going to give you equal value for Love. Everybody knows hes made of glass and if not traded will be shut down so he wont help you in your fantasy playoffs.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/kevin-love-rumors-cavaliers-trade-interest

If cavs are looking to move Love, then they're playing real coy about it. 

This guy is basically at the top of every "sell high" blurb and article, to the point where I'm skeptical as to whether you'll actually find a buyer who'll give you good value back in savvy leagues, this early into season. 

I think you'll have to hold for at least a 30-40 game sample size before you get legit sell high bites, and hoping he stays healthy. People are gonna need some time to talk themselves into remembering the 1st rounder 20/20 star he was in Minny, unless you have some inexperienced owner in your league that's oblivious to Love's health issues over the last 3 years.

Hate to say it but we made our bed and gotta lay in it right now as far as injury risk goes. On the plus side he's actually producing while he is healthy, which you couldn't even say about him last year

• Like 3