kmoore1521

Hassan Whiteside 2019-2020 Outlook

Damn it, y'all been talking about his health a few days ago and obviously he got dinged up tonight, lol.

Looks okay, but ugh, I expect him to be on and off my IL this year for that reason.

I handcuffed with Collins.  Probably seems like a smart idea for the rest of y'all, given the former will play alongside him anyway too.

• Like 1

Yea I'm avoiding him at all costs. Don't feel like having another year of expecting to see him in a RW blurb every single week for some sort of injury. It was more surprising last year when he went a full week without incident, than it was when he did which was often

Hoping the best for one of the best shot blockers in the league, but I'm looking to sell high when opportunity arises. 

Hard to think it was just 2015 when he triple doubled with blks

is he still a walking double double or nah?

Cmon my prince! I uncovered this gem back in 2015 in my league! Need him to shine! He’s in the best situation he could ask for. 

Guy hasn’t missed and rebounding very well. Welcome back Hassan!

Every bum has his day. Hopefully it'll be most of these.

On 10/14/2019 at 2:48 PM, Code of Hammurabi said:

I am high on him this season (probably higher than most). Frankly there is a lot to like if you are an optimist. He has bounce back written all over him. 

1) They are going to ride this dude into the ground as a one year replacement for Nurkic. As I blazers fan, I know what kind of defensive sets they prefer and Whiteside was a good of an option that could realistically be acquired on the open market. They have almost no viable C depth and I expect him to play 26-29 mins, which is more than enough playing time to be very valuable as a middle round big (esp in punt ft builds). 

2) He's in a contract year and we all know what that means. See Vooch last year (and others). Realistically, this is probably his last chance to earn a sizable contract of any term and dollars.  

3) He seems to be motivated to shine after a tough spell in the dog house in Miami (most of which was self earned). He's already stated he wants to lead the league in blocks and rebs and I like when players talk like that.

I'm taking the over on all of his counting stats. I conservatively think he'll average 14 PPG-14 RPG- 1 APG-0.8 STL-2.5 BLK-57% FGs-1.5 TOS 

I was hated on for this projection. I will be checking in all season 

• Like 3

Very nice . Dbl dbl with 1.5 blks very much possible as long as nurkic sits. Probably would’ve played more except Jokic was giving him the business behind the arc. Thank goodness not all centers are Jokic. 

Edited by Raptorfan

1 hour ago, Code of Hammurabi said:

How do I turn on notifications for this hahaha

Health and mid-20's playing time is all I'm asking for

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Code of Hammurabi said:

Not me, I'm all in on Hassan this year too 

• Like 1

He looked great tonight and beasted out like Vintage Whiteside. He looked very engaged. A couple times they lost the ball trying to feed him - the chemistry wasn't there yet. But it's a sign he could get even more involved offensively going forward.

• Like 1

a healthy hassan is pure love ❤️❤️❤️

10 pts 10 rebs and 2 blks was all i'm asking and look what he gave me today ;) 

It's so funny, when you focus on him you see mistakes all over the place. He is terrible at setting screens, he has low bbiq and so he is very slow to react after he gets the ball while rolling to the basket. When there is no chance for a block he doesn't even lift a hand and while Jokic was alone at the three point line he was not closing out on him because it would take away his chance to get another rebound. In the end he frustrated Stotts and he was subbed out, but they don't really have anyone to play the C better than him so he will keep getting those 25-30 mins and get the stats so for fantasy he looks set for a great season. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, RipCity0 said:

they don't really have anyone to play the C better than him so he will keep getting those 25-30 mins and get the stats so for fantasy he looks set for a great season. 

This was the only incentive to draft him. He's so bad its cringe worthy. 

• 1727.jpg

Terry Stotts was pleased with Hassan Whiteside's performance in his Portland debut on Wednesday night.

"I thought it was a great opening for him. You look at the line he had. He had an impact on the game at both ends," said Stotts of Whiteside's 16-point, 19-board double-double. "For a guy who didn’t get a lot of run in preseason, I thought it was a pretty good performance by him." Whiteside acknowledged after the game that he still needs to get into "game shape" after being limited by an ankle injury during the preseason, so that may be why he was limited to 26 minutes.

• Like 1

I told you guys, no matter how well he plays, Stotts will not give him over 30 minutes. He will be lucky to even close out games. He hasn't in the first two of the Season despite playing very well.