kmoore1521

Hassan Whiteside 2019-2020 Outlook

On 10/14/2019 at 2:48 PM, Code of Hammurabi said:

I am high on him this season (probably higher than most). Frankly there is a lot to like if you are an optimist. He has bounce back written all over him. 

1) They are going to ride this dude into the ground as a one year replacement for Nurkic. As I blazers fan, I know what kind of defensive sets they prefer and Whiteside was a good of an option that could realistically be acquired on the open market. They have almost no viable C depth and I expect him to play 26-29 mins, which is more than enough playing time to be very valuable as a middle round big (esp in punt ft builds). 

2) He's in a contract year and we all know what that means. See Vooch last year (and others). Realistically, this is probably his last chance to earn a sizable contract of any term and dollars.  

3) He seems to be motivated to shine after a tough spell in the dog house in Miami (most of which was self earned). He's already stated he wants to lead the league in blocks and rebs and I like when players talk like that.

I'm taking the over on all of his counting stats. I conservatively think he'll average 14 PPG-14 RPG- 1 APG-0.8 STL-2.5 BLK-57% FGs-1.5 TOS 

Looks like im right on the money through 9 games. Dude is even managing to shoot 74% from the Ft line, although I'd be shocked if that continued. 

Only 21 minutes and 7 reb with no blk but that's fine, he was beating lately and a short night might be good for him. I am starting to wonder if he can up his FT%. Again shot 3/4

Yeah, he had quite a bit of foul trouble today.  When he came back in, he feasted inside against the Kings.  As usual though, his defense wasn't great.

But I agree, it's probably a good thing that he keeps his minutes low and gets some rest for that foot.  The Blazers can't afford him going down.

Also, I have no idea how he's making so many FTs. He's sorta ruining my punt FT strat, haha. :P

So he's like a 80% FT shooter now or some sh*t?  Okie dokie.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, dragonballz said:

Whiteside owners, are you looking to sell high?

I already did. Miles Bridges and Hassan for Bambam and Otto Porter.

You guys think melo will have any effect on Hassan’s usage and stats? 

4 hours ago, HerrMcKenzie said:

I already did. Miles Bridges and Hassan for Bambam and Otto Porter.

No offense but I don't see how this is a sell high. Hassan has been arguably more valuable than BamBam (Whiteside ranked 16 and BamBam 22 in my league with oreb and dd) and Otto Porter is simply made of tissue paper. I guess it's a sell high if you're banking on Otto eventually returning to peak form at some point. Hassan has turned me into a believer over the last handful of games. His usage is going up and there's literally no one on the roster to challenge him for minutes.

last 7 games:

30 mpg 17.1 ppg 12.1 rpg (4.6 oreb) 2.3 bpg 56% from the field and 76% from the line on 4.1 attempts per game

Health and attitude are always concerns with Whiteside, but if the Blazers can start winning some games I think he'll keep putting up early round value.

14 minutes ago, Supersonics said:

No offense but I don't see how this is a sell high. Hassan has been arguably more valuable than BamBam (Whiteside ranked 16 and BamBam 22 in my league with oreb and dd) and Otto Porter is simply made of tissue paper. I guess it's a sell high if you're banking on Otto eventually returning to peak form at some point. Hassan has turned me into a believer over the last handful of games. His usage is going up and there's literally no one on the roster to challenge him for minutes.

last 7 games:

30 mpg 17.1 ppg 12.1 rpg (4.6 oreb) 2.3 bpg 56% from the field and 76% from the line on 4.1 attempts per game

Health and attitude are always concerns with Whiteside, but if the Blazers can start winning some games I think he'll keep putting up early round value.

In my league Bambam is more valueable than Whiteside (8-cat Roto without TO) and yeah of course I bank on Otto, but also other than that Bam fits my team better as I was lacking in AST and STL. Add to that that Whiteside is atrocious on defense (for the Blazers), his health concerns and his uncommonly high FT%, I see Whiteside losing value over time, while Bams value will stay the same or even improve.

10 hours ago, dragonballz said:

Whiteside owners, are you looking to sell high?

I've been floating offers due to his injury history to see what I can get. I think his per game production is here to stay, Portland is a great fit. 

5 hours ago, Supersonics said:

last 7 games:

first off that minimal difference between 16 and 22.  its been 4 weeks and a trade should be done projecting what the stat lines will be ROS. then you factor in a very few% of people on here play in a league outside 8 or 9 cat. then there is the ft difference that will likely correct itself between bam and whiteside. the assists and steals (everything else will be similar at end of season) and inj history of whitside make this a steal for whoever unloaded him for bam. coming from whiteside owner

Edited by colepenhagen

This guy is trash! He should have dominated today against the pelicans!

1 hour ago, ohhyuhyuhyu said:

Lazy as hell on the court. Sell now perhaps?

What does the stat sheet say for the fantasy team?

7 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

What does the stat sheet say for the fantasy team?

People forget they own fantasy teams, not real ones, smh

12 minutes ago, RingMyBell said:

People forget they own fantasy teams, not real ones, smh

He acting like he is Paul Allen son or something. For your fantasy squad you got 14/14/1. If you was paying him all that money out of your pocket then I guess you could argue he is lazy.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ohhyuhyuhyu said:

Lazy as hell on the court. Sell now perhaps?

You're totally right, and he's getting murdered on defense. 

But yeah, everyone else is right too.  As long as he's not injured and he's producing, I'm holding.  The Blazers are so thin at C that he's forced into production.

Try and sell high. This guy is just too injury prone, it's gonna happen at some point so might as well get something out of it

On 11/18/2019 at 2:25 PM, colepenhagen said:

first off that minimal difference between 16 and 22.  its been 4 weeks and a trade should be done projecting what the stat lines will be ROS. then you factor in a very few% of people on here play in a league outside 8 or 9 cat. then there is the ft difference that will likely correct itself between bam and whiteside. the assists and steals (everything else will be similar at end of season) and inj history of whitside make this a steal for whoever unloaded him for bam. coming from whiteside owner

dude check his game history beyond season 2017-2018 where he played 54 games, in 2018-2019 he played 72 and in  2016-2017 he played 77and in 2015-2016 he played 73...

what injury prone garbage are you spewing?