jimbo504

keep 4, but who??? WHIR

So this is a 7x7 league with OBP, SLG, K/bb and OBPA added.

I keep 4, but having a hard time here deciding...

Judge

Buehler

Story

Yordan

JRam

You're right, that's tough.

Judge, Yordan,Buehler, and Story would probably be my choices. Joram's k/bb is great, but I think you get more overall from Story. Stanton is too much of a risk. 

to me Judge Yordan and Story are no brainers. it's the last one I dunno what to do with. Either Buehler or JRam. I think I am leaning JRam.

21 hours ago, jimbo504 said:

Judge

Buehler

Story

Yordan

JRam

I guess my question is this, and there is really no wrong answer, but does every team get 4 keepers (which is not a lot so most will keep their 4) then draft from there?  What pick do you have?  I like all 5 so its kind of like which one do I think I can get with my pick...

1 hour ago, parrothead said:

I guess my question is this, and there is really no wrong answer, but does every team get 4 keepers (which is not a lot so most will keep their 4) then draft from there?  What pick do you have?  I like all 5 so its kind of like which one do I think I can get with my pick...

I don't know what pick I will have. Everyone gets 4 keepers and we draft from there. 12 teams.

Edited by jimbo504

I probably let Buehler and Stanton walk.  JRam and Alvarez present their own set of risks, but at this point I think Stanton is even more risky with having missed an entire season and Buehler, while very good, likely can be replaced with your first round pick assuming this is a standard 10 or 12 team league.

• Thanks 1

On 9/25/2019 at 5:42 PM, jimbo504 said:

Judge

Buehler

Story

Yordan

JRam

cut Yordan

On 9/29/2019 at 2:28 PM, secretagentman said:

I probably let Buehler and Stanton walk.  JRam and Alvarez present their own set of risks, but at this point I think Stanton is even more risky with having missed an entire season and Buehler, while very good, likely can be replaced with your first round pick assuming this is a standard 10 or 12 team league.

This is my thinking. I can likely get a solid pitcher with my 1st pick, I know just me alone I am tossing back Buehler, Ryu and Clevinger, so there are gonna be options.

On 9/25/2019 at 5:42 PM, jimbo504 said:

Judge

Buehler

Story

Yordan

JRam

Thanks for helping me. I am never a believer in keeping pitching unless it's a proven ace. So I would throw Buehler back and keep the other 4. Stanton (talking as a Yankee fan!) is frustrating to own but you can make an argument to keep him over J-Ram. His first half scared me.

Story, Buehler, JoRam for sure. Legit ace, and tow guys who provide SBs

Then your pick between Judge and Yordan. Injury prone and unproven. Toss up to me.

Very tough.  I’m leaning towards cutting judge.  His numbers aren’t that eye popping, even extrapolating over 155 games.  He seems like a guy that’s gonna get injured.  Those 6’6, Uber muscle guys tend to. I don’t know enough about how valuable he is in the 7x 7 though.  If yordan is util only, he gone.

On 10/3/2019 at 6:07 PM, Cesare13 said:

Very tough.  I’m leaning towards cutting judge.  His numbers aren’t that eye popping, even extrapolating over 155 games.  He seems like a guy that’s gonna get injured.  Those 6’6, Uber muscle guys tend to. I don’t know enough about how valuable he is in the 7x 7 though.  If yordan is util only, he gone.

Yea but OBP, SLG are added. That makes Judge even more valuable

Because you have such great hitters, I would put Buehler back in the pool and go SP 1st round and maybe even the 2nd round too.

You have 4 top 20-25 hitters, so you are in a good spot. There's always a high upside arm you can find during the season or stream.

Help with mine?

http://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/768986-please-help-me-pick-keepers-whir/

On 10/2/2019 at 9:35 AM, Ads7633 said:

Story, Buehler, JoRam for sure. Legit ace, and tow guys who provide SBs

Then your pick between Judge and Yordan. Injury prone and unproven. Toss up to me.

I actually agree with this.  Probably lean Judge and he has more of a proven track record.  Yordan was great, but only for a half season.  Judge does carry some injury risk so I could see going Yordan to see what he can do for a full season