jimbo504

keep 4, but who??? WHIR

Recommended Posts

So this is a 7x7 league with OBP, SLG, K/bb and OBPA added.

 

I keep 4, but having a hard time here deciding...

 

Judge

Buehler

Story

Yordan

JRam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You're right, that's tough.

Judge, Yordan,Buehler, and Story would probably be my choices. Joram's k/bb is great, but I think you get more overall from Story. Stanton is too much of a risk. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

to me Judge Yordan and Story are no brainers. it's the last one I dunno what to do with. Either Buehler or JRam. I think I am leaning JRam.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, jimbo504 said:

So this is a 7x7 league with OBP, SLG, K/bb and OBPA added.

 

I keep 4, but having a hard time here deciding...

 

Judge

Buehler

Story

Yordan

JRam

I guess my question is this, and there is really no wrong answer, but does every team get 4 keepers (which is not a lot so most will keep their 4) then draft from there?  What pick do you have?  I like all 5 so its kind of like which one do I think I can get with my pick...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, parrothead said:

I guess my question is this, and there is really no wrong answer, but does every team get 4 keepers (which is not a lot so most will keep their 4) then draft from there?  What pick do you have?  I like all 5 so its kind of like which one do I think I can get with my pick...

 

 

I don't know what pick I will have. Everyone gets 4 keepers and we draft from there. 12 teams.

Edited by jimbo504

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I probably let Buehler and Stanton walk.  JRam and Alvarez present their own set of risks, but at this point I think Stanton is even more risky with having missed an entire season and Buehler, while very good, likely can be replaced with your first round pick assuming this is a standard 10 or 12 team league.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/25/2019 at 5:42 PM, jimbo504 said:

So this is a 7x7 league with OBP, SLG, K/bb and OBPA added.

 

I keep 4, but having a hard time here deciding...

 

Judge

Buehler

Story

Yordan

JRam

 

cut Yordan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/29/2019 at 2:28 PM, secretagentman said:

I probably let Buehler and Stanton walk.  JRam and Alvarez present their own set of risks, but at this point I think Stanton is even more risky with having missed an entire season and Buehler, while very good, likely can be replaced with your first round pick assuming this is a standard 10 or 12 team league.

 

This is my thinking. I can likely get a solid pitcher with my 1st pick, I know just me alone I am tossing back Buehler, Ryu and Clevinger, so there are gonna be options.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/25/2019 at 5:42 PM, jimbo504 said:

So this is a 7x7 league with OBP, SLG, K/bb and OBPA added.

 

I keep 4, but having a hard time here deciding...

 

Judge

Buehler

Story

Yordan

JRam

 

Thanks for helping me. I am never a believer in keeping pitching unless it's a proven ace. So I would throw Buehler back and keep the other 4. Stanton (talking as a Yankee fan!) is frustrating to own but you can make an argument to keep him over J-Ram. His first half scared me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Story, Buehler, JoRam for sure. Legit ace, and tow guys who provide SBs

Then your pick between Judge and Yordan. Injury prone and unproven. Toss up to me.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very tough.  I’m leaning towards cutting judge.  His numbers aren’t that eye popping, even extrapolating over 155 games.  He seems like a guy that’s gonna get injured.  Those 6’6, Uber muscle guys tend to. I don’t know enough about how valuable he is in the 7x 7 though.  If yordan is util only, he gone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/3/2019 at 6:07 PM, Cesare13 said:

Very tough.  I’m leaning towards cutting judge.  His numbers aren’t that eye popping, even extrapolating over 155 games.  He seems like a guy that’s gonna get injured.  Those 6’6, Uber muscle guys tend to. I don’t know enough about how valuable he is in the 7x 7 though.  If yordan is util only, he gone.

 

Yea but OBP, SLG are added. That makes Judge even more valuable

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Because you have such great hitters, I would put Buehler back in the pool and go SP 1st round and maybe even the 2nd round too.

 

You have 4 top 20-25 hitters, so you are in a good spot. There's always a high upside arm you can find during the season or stream.

 

 

Help with mine?

http://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/768986-please-help-me-pick-keepers-whir/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/2/2019 at 9:35 AM, Ads7633 said:

Story, Buehler, JoRam for sure. Legit ace, and tow guys who provide SBs

Then your pick between Judge and Yordan. Injury prone and unproven. Toss up to me.

 

 

I actually agree with this.  Probably lean Judge and he has more of a proven track record.  Yordan was great, but only for a half season.  Judge does carry some injury risk so I could see going Yordan to see what he can do for a full season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.