Members_Only_76

TNF! Packers vs. Eagles Game Day 9-26-19

What is with the sudden increase in weird 2-point attempts this year? Did the calculus on 2-point conversions change? Pretty sure it hasn't, and is still a sub-50% proposition.

Just now, gufomel said:

Nagy told me Howard can’t catch. Someone should tell the Eagles before they start scoring too much. 

Awesome!

1 minute ago, DirtyBirdSA said:

Just a bad decision to start GB D thinking they were coming up to be elite this year.

They played three really weak offenses. Bears offense is mediocre. Cousins never shows up on the road in a big game. And then Joe Flacco.

Packers defense is improved, but it was laughable the people who were talking about them as an elite defense.

Been saying Nagy doesn't know what he's doing since he torpedoed Howard's value last year. Looks like he catches just fine. 

Just now, yossarian said:

it seems tales of the high quality of this green bay defense have been highly exaggerated. 

Are you telling me Joe Buck was wrong?

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, ponza88 said:

OMG.... 158 Yards for Adams... and yet they're down. 

PLEASE FANTASY GODS... PLEASE CONTINUE TO BLESS US OWNERS!!!

*knocks on wood*

They keep kicking FGs

Going for 2 when you can make it an 8 point lead with an extra point? Yeah, makes sense. Did I miss something? 

• Like 2

Just now, Jordan23 said:

They keep kicking FGs

Have faith.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, OmegaRed88 said:

I don't know why more players don't wear the smoked visors like Howard.  You can read a lot from a dudes eyes.

i thought the league outlawed them after a ton of players started wearing them years ago. They made it so you had to have some sort of medical exemption to wear them due to the advantage you mentioned. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, miasma16 said:

What is with the sudden increase in weird 2-point attempts this year? Did the calculus on 2-point conversions change? Pretty sure it hasn't, and is still a sub-50% proposition.

You're seeing it when team pull ahead 7 before the extra point.  Their metrics have shown going for 2 is the better move.

2 minutes ago, FrancoJavierM said:

I knew I should have dropped the Packers D 

I did 3 minutes before kickoff.  Went back and forth on it for a while though.

• Like 1

Wow... Aaron Jones.... Wow....

Go ride that pine... you tried.

2 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

apparently the math says you should go for 2 in a lot of situations, especially with the longer XP attempt range. 

Just now, FitzMagic said:

Going for 2 when you can make it an 8 point lead with an extra point? Yeah, makes sense. Did I miss something? 

Yes, apparently. Looking at a lot of data where the conclusion is inevitably that 2-point conversions are better than extra points in a vacuum. Didn't realize 2-point success rates had went up as much as they have.

2 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Pederson is playing against Elliot this week

• Haha 1

Just now, nmartinez12443 said:

He got hit immediately no where to go.

Lack of Vision

2 minutes ago, OmegaRed88 said:

You're seeing it when team pull ahead 7 before the extra point.  Their metrics have shown going for 2 is the better move.

Guessing you pulled this from an article. Is it possible you could cite it for me? Sounds specific enough that I bet there's a bunch of things in it I'd like to read.

If they would’ve run jones on a wheel route he would’ve been in the endzone. Clear 1v1 against a lineback and the left side of the field was moving right.