Sign in to follow this  
therealmikeshinoda

Kyle Kuzma 2019-2020 Outlook

with recent news "The Lakers announced Kyle Kuzma (left foot stress reaction) will not play until at least mid-October.", how's Kuz looking like in your pick?

we got him on round 9 (ten teams format).

Round 9 at ten teams format is too early. I got him last season at 10th round of 12 team format (standard) and some of my rivals said it was still not good pick. I think he is worth drafting at 10th round this season also, if there will not be some additional news about his injury.

• Like 1

He's a strong minus player in fantasy compared to real life. As soon as this kid had trade value in his rookie year, I dumped him and might never own him again. Great story in the NBA, sad story in fantasy. The kind of player the managers who are suckers for popcorn stats will draft and never realize it was a weak selection, which is great, because he can go above your ranking for him so you're not confronted with the draft Kuzma dilemma.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rando said:

He's a strong minus player in fantasy compared to real life. As soon as this kid had trade value in his rookie year, I dumped him and might never own him again. Great story in the NBA, sad story in fantasy. The kind of player the managers who are suckers for popcorn stats will draft and never realize it was a weak selection, which is great, because he can go above your ranking for him so you're not confronted with the draft Kuzma dilemma.

Tell us how you really feel...😂

2 hours ago, rando said:

He is not that bad. I mean in fantasy. I owned him whole last season, never dropped and I didn't feel like he ruined my hopes. Really.

11 minutes ago, apatas said:

He is not that bad. I mean in fantasy. I owned him whole last season, never dropped and I didn't feel like he ruined my hopes. Really.

hes pretty ******** bad

low ft, non existent stocks, average fg% and threes...

If all you care about is a handful of points then he's fantastic.  Personally I'd rather own Terrence Ross

You understand, Kuzma was only one piece (actually 1/14 or 7%) of my team. Lack of stocks? Yes, but I have many other players who give me steals: Adams, Horford, Brogdon, Lowry, Fox. Bad FG%? But why I have then Durant, again Adams, Horford and Brogdon, also Vucevic? They do their job Kuzma does it's own. Everybody is a piece of team and only every week total stats count. Believe me, I was mostly satisfied what Kuzma brought to my team.

Edited by apatas

2 minutes ago, apatas said:

You understand, Kuzma was only one piece (actually 1/14 or 7%) of my team. Lack of stocks? Yes, but I have many other players who give me steals: Adams, Horford, Brogdon, Lowry, Fox. Bad FG%? But why I have then Durant, again Adams, Horford and Brogdon, also Vucevic? They do their job Kuzma does it's own. Everybody is a piece of team and only every week total stats count. Believe me, I was mostly satisfied what Kuzma brought to my team.

I hear you but there's much better players/prospects out there.  You did your team a disservice hanging on to him.  He's a drop in 10 team leagues.  Would rather own Joe Harris, Terrence Ross, Sexton, Osman, etc

9 minutes ago, Fantasyscrub said:

I hear you but there's much better players/prospects out there.  You did your team a disservice hanging on to him.  He's a drop in 10 team leagues.  Would rather own Joe Harris, Terrence Ross, Sexton, Osman, etc

Ross, yes. I added him, but later dropped due to a bad PO schedule of Orlando (I anyway had Vucevic). Sexton I added 3-4 times and dropped as much. No value. I didn't feel it. Sorry Mr. Fantasyscrub, but I don't lie: I felt what benefit Kuzma brought and what Sexton didn't. That was just what I felt (nothing else). And Kuzma finished as 135th BBM, I drafted him as 116th pick, finally as I said, it was not as bad. Not good also, but quite OK. And it was 12-team league, not 10.

Edited by apatas

The stock just slightly went up

Kyle Kuzma (foot) said he is optimistic he can participate in some of training camp activity.

He said the training staff has limited him to lifting, conditioning, ball-handling drills, and shooting drills. The Lakers staff also sounded encouraged on Kuzma's injury, so the stress reaction news doesn't appear to be as bad as it would be for some. He wasn't walking with a limp at media day, so perhaps he can be out there on opening night. He's a possible late-round option, but if he can't make it that could help JaVale McGee, Danny Green and maybe Alex Caruso.

On 9/27/2019 at 5:43 PM, therealmikeshinoda said:

The stock just slightly went up

Kyle Kuzma (foot) said he is optimistic he can participate in some of training camp activity.

He said the training staff has limited him to lifting, conditioning, ball-handling drills, and shooting drills. The Lakers staff also sounded encouraged on Kuzma's injury, so the stress reaction news doesn't appear to be as bad as it would be for some. He wasn't walking with a limp at media day, so perhaps he can be out there on opening night. He's a possible late-round option, but if he can't make it that could help JaVale McGee, Danny Green and maybe Alex Caruso.

I just saw Kuzma go for 75 in a roto draft today, maybe the manager saw that news and hopped on the bandwagon.

15 minutes ago, duke of queens said:

Makes no sense.

Yeah, absurd.  There is no way to fix it? Just wait the three games rule?

11 minutes ago, Faber said:

Yeah, absurd.  There is no way to fix it? Just wait the three games rule?

Do they just make up the 3 games rule? There are other players that are listed as "Out" on the NBA injured list that have the injured tag that have not missed 3 games.

2 minutes ago, duke of queens said:

Do they just make up the 3 games rule? There are other players that are listed as "Out" on the NBA injured list that have the injured tag that have not missed 3 games.

That's even more frustrating!

Where the hell is the INJ tag Yahoo, he's supposedly out until the end of October.

fyi

These statuses are determined by our data provider and are defined as:

• O - Projected to miss less than 7 days.
  • INJ - Projected to miss 7+ days due to injury.

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN28136.html

Depends when the information was published that he is out until end of october it could be on the edge of the O tag.

He is already injured for a couple of weeks and not supposed to return to the court in the next week... why he don't get INJ tag in yahoo?

I sent email to Yahoo on the INJ tag subject, and you can see below their answer.

spacer.png

Edited by Wogee

1 hour ago, Wogee said:

I sent email to Yahoo on the INJ tag subject, and you can see below their answer.

spacer.png

copy and paste, just throw your comment aside in the trash and move on type of response.

Okay Yahoo, officially ruled out. Can we get that INJ tag now?