Sign in to follow this  
KilloWertz

9/28 - GAME DAY THREAD

Need a miracle these last two days in the NL...need some stolen bases to pickup 2 points there..Need a couple saves to pick up a point there..a couple wins from relief pitchers to pickup a couple points there...ERA could pick up 2 points behind two teams by only 0.03.

Found myself on the wrong end of ALL the close categories!

2 hours ago, murraygd13 said:

Need a miracle these last two days in the NL...need some stolen bases to pickup 2 points there..Need a couple saves to pick up a point there..a couple wins from relief pitchers to pickup a couple points there...ERA could pick up 2 points behind two teams by only 0.03.

Found myself on the wrong end of ALL the close categories!

Need me some miracles as well... Go Lopez, Thornton, Chacin, Anderson, Means, and Webb. Yuck lol

OT:  If the A's and Rays end up with the same record who hosts the Wild Card game?  Best head to head record?  If so which team is that?

Also if the Rays win home field will more than a couple thousand people at most show up at that dump of a ballpark? 

God their team was battling for the Wild Card when the Sox were in town last week and the game I watched they said there was only 18k in attendance and most of them were Boston fans.  I feel sorry for the Rays players.  It is like playing 162 games on the road every year.  There would probably be more people rooting for them out in Oakland as in disgruntled Giants fans maybe.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

42 minutes ago, Del Rio said:

Mercado and Jose Ramirez both sitting... f me

It sucks as I own them both as well, but Ramirez sitting was unfortunately a given since they were eliminated from the playoff hunt last night.  I'd be surprised if he played tomorrow either even though I'm sure he'd want to.  Mercado on the other hand could play I suppose, although he's in another one of his dreadful stretches following a scorching hot streak that seems to basically be his rookie season in a nutshell.

Any chance Verlander's start is an abbreviated one? Give him a lil rest before playoffs! Just wishful thinking I guess! 😄

To the official scorer who gave Daniel Hudson the win in the Nats game, thank you!

1 hour ago, lehighterp said:

Any chance Verlander's start is an abbreviated one? Give him a lil rest before playoffs! Just wishful thinking I guess! 😄

Better not be....

I'd be surprised if he was allowed to approach 100 pitches, but 5-6 innings seems like a pretty solid bet as long as he pitches as expected.

Now Bauer is out for tomorrow's start. Hopefully this is the last year where this last week sucks so bad.

1 hour ago, murraygd13 said:

Now Bauer is out for tomorrow's start. Hopefully this is the last year where the season sucks so bad.

Agreed, but still going to have to "correct" it since this week is just a daily reminder of how bad this season has been as a whole.

If I would have rostered Harrison "Mendoza" Bader, I would have had a good game with a HR, but so many actual good players did nothing.  The Astros have one baserunner through 4 against one of the worst pitchers in baseball (Suarez).  As I said in the Vent & Rant thread, thankfully there's only one day left...