colepenhagen

Deandre Ayton 2019-2020 Outlook

3 minutes ago, MWon said:

Yeah, I'm with the rest of you.  Bagley and Ayton gone for me.  At least they're in different leagues, and Bagley can go onto an IL.  Still, never fun to see your valuable breakout bigs go down so early in the season.

Sit tight though.  You'd be trading him for pennies on the dollar if you let him go.

Bridges looks like he'll be playing quite a bit more 3, with Oubre sliding to 4 and Saric/Frank/Bynes at 5 for some small ball.

As a fellow MFFL, I think this is punishment for not going with KP.

Kidding, I was scared to draft him too. I hope your team with Ayton is able to manage. I was and still is heavily following Ayton's progress after he helped me win last season. I'm honestly surprised they caught someone fairly high profile just for diuretics.

Lol at that blurb saying Baynes is a pickup. No one is that desperate.

37 minutes ago, a-rob said:

I feel you, in the same boat. After a 4 block game, we lose him for 25 games. Just looking at the positives, at least he isn't hurt. But it sucks, I don't know if my team can stay in contention of a playoff spot losing him this long.

Hard to deal him away because I own him in a keeper, but need to consider my options if I want to compete. I'd have to deal him or Bagley. Wonder how other owners are approaching this, what is a reasonable offer to accept for Ayton?

Yeah pretty much my premier bigs are gone. John Collins left for me. Gonna pretty much have to punt blocks and rebounds now

Just hurts as hell! Looking at the bright side, it's only the start of the season. It would have been worse if it was the fantasy playoff. 

16 minutes ago, halbounih said:

He was most like taking performance enhancing stimulants and used the diuretics to flush it out. Im pretty sure most nba players do this though and that's what pisses me off that he got himself caught. 

My guess is he smoked some weed in the off season, tried to use a dieuretic to flush it out. Obviously PEDs is a possibility, I just think weed is the more likely scenario.

Edited by FantasyBallFan

I guess im lucky that Zeller was on the wire yesterday when i picked him up after his 15 and 12 performance, although i doubt he'll be anywhere near that productive.

11 minutes ago, SicarioSanity said:

Woj tweeted that a follow up checkup did not reveal any banned substance. Crossing my fingers.

Basically means the diuretic worked then. It flushed out whatever he took. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, SicarioSanity said:

Woj tweeted that a follow up checkup did not reveal any banned substance. Crossing my fingers.

yep the diuretica worked as planed 😜

Lollllzzzzz

was debating between this roid head or Vuc...glad I went with Vuc :)

suckers 

25 minutes ago, FantasyBallFan said:

My guess is he smoked some weed in the off season, tried to use a dieuretic to flush it out. Obviously PEDs is a possibility, I just think weed is the more likely scenario.

That would be so amateur if that was the case. Just chug some cranberry juice and go on a few runs like the rest of us potheads do. Taking one banned substance to flush out a less severe banned substance is just nonsense.

51 minutes ago, FantasyBallFan said:

Nah it takes three positive weed tests to get a five game suspension (see Thabo and Noel last year). No way he’d be taking a diuretic for weed. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, srb said:

A. Not sure how you get that from that statement. 

B. The GM doesn’t have anything to do with it. It’s the NBAPA that appeals to the league. 

Because if Ayton's case is he didn't know what he was taking sounds dumb in my opinion, how do you not know the reason you're taking a diuretic. You need a prescription for it. Unless some "drugged" him with a diuretic claiming to him it was something else. 

1 minute ago, zass17 said:

is Ayton eligible for IL?

Nope.

Everyone stop asking if he's eligible for IR. IR stands for "injury reserve". AYTON IS NOT INJURED 

• Like 2

Sad haha this time around last yr Ingram and Rondo got inj tag after that suspension with cp3

edit: susp tag but IL eligible

Edited by iowncrazyhair

they say cranberry juice can test positive for a diuretic....if thats true, suspension should def be cut way down.

• Like 1