Sign in to follow this  
PhiladelphiaPhoenix

Goran Dragic 2019-2020 Outlook

Any thoughts on this guy ? Seems to be dirt cheap this year (average 1.6$ in auctions in yahoo mocks and rank 141). He should still be the starter in Miami, and has a long history of mid round value

He also has a long history of being trash. Avoid. I wouldn't pay more than $1 auction for this trash.

2 hours ago, superjew said:

He also has a long history of being trash. Avoid. I wouldn't pay more than $1 auction for this trash.

Was injured last year, apparently working on adjusting his game to his drop off in athleticism and still put up a few amazing games at the end of the year

- 30/1/5 (w/ 5 steals)

- 10/2/10

- 23/12/11

Will still start the year as the starting PG for the heat and now has Butler on the team which could be a positive. 

Definitely worth a dart throw as a last round pick to see if he can put together one more strong season, especially with the dearth of PGs

• Like 1

2 hours ago, superjew said:

Long history of being trash?  Was that when he was putting up 17 and about 5 assists shooting 45% two years ago?  Or was it when he was putting up 20 and about 6 assists shooting 47.5% three years ago?  What about four years ago when he was putting up 14/6 and 48% shooting?  That might be average for his standards 

Or maybe it was when he was putting up 16/4.5 shooting 50% five years ago, or the year before that when he was putting up 20/6/50%? 

One injury-riddled year does not make it a long history of trash.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

Long history of being trash?  Was that when he was putting up 17 and about 5 assists shooting 45% two years ago?  Or was it when he was putting up 20 and about 6 assists shooting 47.5% three years ago?  What about four years ago when he was putting up 14/6 and 48% shooting?  That might be average for his standards 

Or maybe it was when he was putting up 16/4.5 shooting 50% five years ago, or the year before that when he was putting up 20/6/50%? 

One injury-riddled year does not make it a long history of trash.

Isaiah Thomas was an all star two years ago. He's washed up. Trash.

Just now, superjew said:

Isaiah Thomas was an all star two years ago. He's washed up. Trash.

Ok yes Isaiah is done because his hip is done.  It was a career-altering injury.  And we have multiple years now to back up that fact that he is done.  Agreed.

But what does that have to do with Dragic?  Dragic had one sub-par year from being injured (not even close to the same degree of injury as Isaiah btw), and you referred to that as a long history of being trash?  So Dragic's knee injury was all of the sudden a career-altering injury and he is now washed?  Ok.....    

3 hours ago, PhiladelphiaPhoenix said:

He should still be the starter in Miami, and has a long history of mid round value

It would be the Heat's best interest if Winslow is the starting PG. The Dragon is cooked.

Every year I seem to get stuck with a falling knife - a mid 30s vet who still had some good fantasy value in recent years but completely falls off (in recent years guys like Batum and Al Jefferson). Dragic screams that exact scenario, i'd avoid unless you're picking him up late in a 14 team.

On 9/30/2019 at 6:07 AM, superjew said:

Agreed. Even when he was putting up pts and assists that's all he was doing, while getting injured all the time and hurting you just about everywhere else. Winslow and Butler will be taking on the PG like duties even though neither of them are a PG. Its positionless basketball in miami. Dragic will be no better than a starting bench PG and I predict he will be un-ownable in 12 team leagues except for teams desperate for assists. I'd take waiters over Dragic.  

For the majority saying Dragic is done, I guess we will just have to see then.  I mean many older players can still play well and its not like he had some catastrophic injury.  He is 33, not 40.  And its not like he is an older 33 where he has been run into the ground either with a crazy workload. He didn't even break out until like his 4th year.

The only thing that concerns me with him is just the amount of ball-handlers Miami has.  But if you pick Dragic, it is going to be late anyway so there is no risk at all.

A bounce back being doubted, that is ok with me.  I will happily take him with one of my last picks.

• Like 1

Worth a WW pickup. He looked good when he came back from injury last year. 

The (not improbable) chance he resembles himself from years prior makes him worth a shot. We'll see

Edited by justaguy

42 minutes ago, 12345game10 said:

Thoughts on him?

Will not be ranked inside 120.

On 10/2/2019 at 2:42 PM, Tekno Team 2000 said:

For the majority saying Dragic is done, I guess we will just have to see then.  I mean many older players can still play well and its not like he had some catastrophic injury.  He is 33, not 40.  And its not like he is an older 33 where he has been run into the ground either with a crazy workload. He didn't even break out until like his 4th year.

The only thing that concerns me with him is just the amount of ball-handlers Miami has.  But if you pick Dragic, it is going to be late anyway so there is no risk at all.

A bounce back being doubted, that is ok with me.  I will happily take him with one of my last picks.

He's done man. Late round are for high upside fliers, not washed up guys like Dragic that won't get drafted unless you draft him. 

• Like 1

Not bad at all

playing against opponents’ 2nd unit, around 25min a game... he will be fine 

3rd pg in your team 

• Like 1

If this guy is on the waiver, is he someone you'd scoop up? Basically wondering if I should grab Elfrid Payton, Harrison Barnes or Dragic. Might go in Assistant coach thread?

This won’t last when Butler comes back but dudes ballin, wonder what he can do in 25-30 mins per game

I actually don't see Butler's return affecting him that much simply because he's coming off the bench. His usage might not be as high, but 15ppg, 1.5 3s w/ 4asts on solid %s is not bad. Herro on the other hand...

On 10/2/2019 at 2:42 PM, Tekno Team 2000 said:

For the majority saying Dragic is done, I guess we will just have to see then.

spacer.png

I usually don't do this and yes I know its early, but for now Barry Horowitz pat on the back.  Unfortunately I wasn't able to draft him, but Dragic can still play and I don't know why one injury all the sudden turned him into so-called trash or cooked or done or washed.  

1 minute ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

spacer.png

I usually don't do this and yes I know its early, but for now Barry Horowitz pat on the back.  Unfortunately I wasn't able to draft him, but Dragic can still play and I don't know why one injury all the sudden turned him into so-called trash or cooked or done or washed.  

Got him for 1$ in auction and have been happy but still need to see what happens when Jimmy Butler comes back before any pats on the back.