Sign in to follow this  
J.T. Marlin

Ivica Zubac 2019-2020 Outlook

Only 22 (in March) and entering his 4th NBA season.  LAC signed him to a 4 year $28M contract and there's no depth at C beyond him and Harrell.  His 2018-19 per 36 #'s are good (top 75 in both 8 and 9 cat).  Very good %'s that have been trending up.  All he needs is minutes to pick-up the counting stats.  Intriguing guy to monitor in the preseason and potentially worth a last rd pick or $1 auction flyer. 

Seems like a player who will do better in a limited role, the kind of guy who might just snap (bones or similar) if given full-time run. Have always liked this guy in the Boban way, not comparing the two just the same vibe.

I’m high on Zu this season. He was a per minute stud last year as a 21 year old and now he’s coming into a consistent roll in better shape. Even with Harrell stealing minutes, I think we’re in for a good season with him. Targeting higher in keeper formats.

Good streamer for tomorrow if not drafted in your league already. He playing against McGee and Howard. Think he will more playing time. I feel like Harrell (although good) will be too small for the Lakers lineup.

this guy going to get any run or is Harell gonna get all the minutes with Green getting the rest..

time to drop this guy already?

10 minutes ago, Bringthesonicsback said:

What a line

When they go against teams that can't compete with them you will see these lines like this, however he still has to compete with Harrell.  Last year, it was Harrell who got the most run and crunch time minutes but when you look at the Clippers this year, they're even more high powered offensive team which bodes well for fantasy.  Zubac will only become relevant if he is able to carve out consistent minutes but it's still early so it's something to keep an eye on.  I have him on my bench as a handcuff for Harrell.

Would love to own him but doesn't look like he'll get over 20 minutes often. Also probably would have had better d played against him in summer league than tonight.

He is ranked 72nd after 6 games in my 12 cats roto  

I think even he averaged at around 18min in last four games, he is still a productive player: high FG%, wont hurt your FT%, 6-7 rebs and 1.8blocks

Might prefer him ahead of Marc Gasol, Randle, D.Jordan, Favors, Nance Jr, Millsap and some other bigs who have higher min

In deeper leagues, i think Zubac and Noel should be two centers to aim  

9 minutes?? LAC signed this guy to a 3-year/$21m deal to play him 9 minutes off the bench. 

Harrell had 34/13/5, and he's a far better player. This is going to be common so don't be surprised about it. Zubac will have his bigger minute games, but don't be blaming Doc Rivers.

Kawhi was out so they needed offense and that is something that Harrell can do way better then Zubac.

14 minutes ago, Riedle9 said:

Then why is JaMychal Green playing 27min?? 

He stretches the floor. Zubac and Harrell are both low post players. Green is a PF who hits 3s (shooting 65% from 3 this year).

It's actually really simple, in modern basketball you can't have two low post players on at the same time. Harrell was killing it, so you play him with a 4 who can stretch the floor and not clog up the paint.

It’s a back to back 

do u guys expecting Zubac to play more tonight? Or playing time just like last night? 

LAC are playing against Trail Blazers, with Whiteside inside 

7 hours ago, smeeze said:

9 minutes?? LAC signed this guy to a 3-year/$21m deal to play him 9 minutes off the bench. 

Harrell went off and was keeping the Clips in the game. Once PG returns I think Clips go with him as a PF and keep Harrell at C 

2 hours ago, Aloon33 said:

Harrell went off and was keeping the Clips in the game. Once PG returns I think Clips go with him as a PF and keep Harrell at C 

7m per year is nothing in today's nba

A lot of the Clippers subreddit seems to think that Doc is playing Harrell way too much (he's getting banged up/they want to preserve him, but also he's undersized - Favors had his 20/20 game against him). He's getting more run because he brings in marginally more offense in the absence of 1 of PG13 or Kawhi. There's speculation that with Kawhi and PG13 back, the combo of Harrell/Lou will get less minutes, opening up more time for Zubac. What do you guys think? 

• Like 1

Harrell is significantly better offensively than Zubac, but Zubac is significantly better on defense.  There is probably a case to be made that Zubac is the better fit in a Beverly, Shamet, Kawhi, George lineup.  I expect to see Ivica at the 20 minute mark regularly this year, but I wouldn't expect much more than that unless Harrell is hurt.  Harrell is going to demand 25-30 regardless of what Ivica does, and they are never going to play Ivica and Harrell together for more than brief stretches (if at all).

Best case scenario for Ivica is 20-25 minutes with Harrell receiving 23-28 minutes.  20 / 28 split is probably the best Ivica owners can hope for, but the good news is that Ivica is still a top 100 player this year thus far and the minute split is 16 Ivica / 30 Harrell.

2 hours ago, GJDHouse said:

Harrell is significantly better offensively than Zubac, but Zubac is significantly better on defense.  There is probably a case to be made that Zubac is the better fit in a Beverly, Shamet, Kawhi, George lineup.  I expect to see Ivica at the 20 minute mark regularly this year, but I wouldn't expect much more than that unless Harrell is hurt.  Harrell is going to demand 25-30 regardless of what Ivica does, and they are never going to play Ivica and Harrell together for more than brief stretches (if at all).

Best case scenario for Ivica is 20-25 minutes with Harrell receiving 23-28 minutes.  20 / 28 split is probably the best Ivica owners can hope for, but the good news is that Ivica is still a top 100 player this year thus far and the minute split is 16 Ivica / 30 Harrell.

Harrell playing too well for him to lose any minutes I think so only injury can do something

57 minutes ago, atlantadynasty said:

Harrell playing too well for him to lose any minutes I think so only injury can do something

Probably right, but we haven't seen the Clippers with George and Kawhi in the lineup.  Harrell's big advantage over Zubac is his offense, but they won't need scoring from that position as much when those two are active.  The good thing is that Zubac has 12 team value even at 16 minutes a game.  Any uptick in minutes could really zoom him up the rankings.

3 minutes ago, GJDHouse said:

Probably right, but we haven't seen the Clippers with George and Kawhi in the lineup.  Harrell's big advantage over Zubac is his offense, but they won't need scoring from that position as much when those two are active.  The good thing is that Zubac has 12 team value even at 16 minutes a game.  Any uptick in minutes could really zoom him up the rankings.

True. Should be interesting tonight to see how it goes