Stallion

Markelle Fultz 2019-2020 Outlook

Who else liked what they saw from Fultz today?

He's super fast and acrobatic. His jumper looks stable as well. He is ready to develop in the NBA style baby.

Definitely going to crush his ADP as well. I'm targeting in the last 2 rounds, if he's available.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, gooseball said:

He's super fast and acrobatic. His jumper looks stable as well. He is ready to develop in the NBA style baby.

Definitely going to crush his ADP as well. I'm targeting in the last 2 rounds, if he's available.

His ADP is undrafted so if he's rosterable I agree :)

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, gooseball said:

Very crafty too. If he keeps playing like this, he’ll get more and more comfortable, and he’ll get his comfidence back. And once his confidence is back, hopefully his natural shooting touch comes back too. I really believe in this kid and am rooting for him. 

He doesn’t have the yips in every part of the game. So these things you see him doing he has done before. It has always been about the shooting. And not the stop and pops in the lane where he doesn’t have time to think. It’s threes and free throws where he developed the yips.

Let’s see him at the free throw line where he has time to think. There we will see if he is truly over the yips.

• Like 2

Hmmmmmm interesting.  No hitch.  No juggling the ball routine to free his mind.  Seemed like a regular shooting motion.

Maybe he truly is there mentally now.....  Might have to rethink it and could be worth a flier at the end of the draft.  Either way, the yips has ruined careers so I will be happy to see him overcome it.

• Like 2

So, how does he looks to you so far in preseason? I am having good feeling so far.  Imo, he will finish top 150 making him rosterable in most leagues

• Like 2

Tonight's game was good. I am going to pick him up as assist are scarce this session. 

12 hours ago, Gile Pile said:

So, how does he looks to you so far in preseason? I am having good feeling so far.  Imo, he will finish top 150 making him rosterable in most leagues

I think he will be low end rosterable and better than players such as Ish Smith and Peyton.  

23 minutes ago, papocrain said:

Worth picking over Rjax? This dude still floating in waiver wire of my league.

I think almost anyone with a pulse is worth picking up over RJax. If I was a betting man, I wouldn't be surprised if Fultz is given a shot at the starting role eventually.

• Like 2

With guys like Fultz, who were much-balleyhood earlier but crashed and burned for a while... it's often a good idea to jack them up higher in your rankings for snake drafts than you would really want them. I do this just to get me thinking about their place in the draft queue before the time comes to draft him. When you get to the end game, often your last 3-4 picks are pretty obvious choices from like 6-8 guys because personal preference takes over. When there isn't a clear choice in the end game you take a chance on someone like Fultz. Classic post-hype approach.

That said, I expect him to stink again and you always have to look at who is ahead of him. He'll need to make hay at PG as I don't see him leaping Fournier/Ross. But you've got to think Orlando wants to give him a decent trial in-season.

• Like 2

He hit his first 4-5. Any one watching? Wondering how they looked.

22 minutes ago, kwelch said:

Very good tbh, most of them were midrange shots after a dribble.

The guy can ball, and if he keeps playing like this I think he'll soon become the starter .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, kwelch said:

Both fultz and Bamba look very good.  It’s going to add another dimension to the magic. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Did well for his situation. Perfect guy to gamble on with one of your last roster spots. Don't wait for him to start to overtake DJ Augustin, it'll be too late.

2 hours ago, claptondecheeks said:

Did well for his situation. Perfect guy to gamble on with one of your last roster spots. Don't wait for him to start to overtake DJ Augustin, it'll be too late.

Should I drop delon wright for this guy? Or who is a better drop in my roster?

His passes were fire and I love the way he was attacking the basket. Jumper still looked a little shaky but good to see he has the confidence to put them up. The crowd loved him and he looked to be in a much better groove than in Philly. Once he starts to gel more with his new teammates and they know to always look for the pass from this kid I think he's got great potential to be an assist monster. And if the jumper starts falling then look out. This guy shouldn't be floating around on any waiver wires.

• Like 1

Really excited about picking up this guy after the draft. He looked excellent at everything except shooting. It's almost a lock that he will start over Augustine sooner than later and he'll benefit a lot from playing alongside Vuc instead of Bamba.

I just think it's funny how much people like to s--- on the Magic.  Oh Vooch sucks, just let him walk in free agency, and tank.  Trading peanuts for Fultz..lol...he's not even worth peanuts. 

The only thing the Magic were missing last year was an electric point guard.  Augustin was very steady (something like top 5 a/to ratio and top 5 FT% but I can't remember) but is completely lacking in flash or the ability to determine the outcome of the game himself.  Perfect game manager/backup.  Meanwhile if Fultz actually realizes his potential then I think they're behind Philly/Bucks only.  3rd best team in the east is a far cry from tanking.  Fultz looks great btw.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

I just think it's funny how much people like to s--- on the Magic.  Oh Vooch sucks, just let him walk in free agency, and tank.  Trading peanuts for Fultz..lol...he's not even worth peanuts. 

The only thing the Magic were missing last year was an electric point guard.  Augustin was very steady (something like top 5 a/to ratio and top 5 FT% but I can't remember) but is completely lacking in flash or the ability to determine the outcome of the game himself.  Perfect game manager/backup.  Meanwhile if Fultz actually realizes his potential then I think they're behind Philly/Bucks only3rd best team in the east is a far cry from tanking.  Fultz looks great btw.

Image result for patrick ilove you.gif

• Like 2

I'm so glad what this guy is doing now.

2 3pm, 2/2 ft

his shooting looks great.

He will be definitely better.

He closed the game out on Trae, playing the final minutes in a tight game against the Hawks over DJ Augustin.  Played decent defense but Trae banked a step back 3 for the win.  Aside: Orlando's late game offense was terrible that game i.e. fournier throws it up and hope vuce tips it back in for about 4-5 straight possessions.  

Either way, it's encouraging to see him on the floor in late game situations and he played the same minutes as Augustin. 

Magic need to give them the burn so he can be their starter in the playoffs -- unfortunately I think the time split is gonna last a while until he starts having some breakout games.