Stallion

Markelle Fultz 2019-2020 Outlook

2 minutes ago, Ray Barboni said:

I’ve been away from fantasy basketball for a couple years, so forgive me. But is Fultz even capable of a triple double? 

10 pts, 10 assists, 10 turnovers 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Ray Barboni said:

I’ve been away from fantasy basketball for a couple years, so forgive me. But is Fultz even capable of a triple double? 

I think at the end of his first season, which was by all means a flop, he either had one or came close. He's also shown the ability to gather boards, dish out dimes, and his shooting's gotten better. So, absolutely.

Edited by brickcitymamba

1 minute ago, brickcitymamba said:

I think at the end of his first season, which was by all means a flop, he either had one or came close. So, absolutely.

One time, when I was in peak shape for wrestling in HS, I did that martial arts move where you're laying on your back and you kick your legs and get in the air and land in your feet without using your hands. 

That was 15 years 60lb ago. But you're saying I'm capable of doing the move?

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, Ray Barboni said:

He got a triple double his rookie year. I think he still has the record for youngest player to ever record one in the NBA. 

7 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

One time, when I was in peak shape for wrestling in HS, I did that martial arts move where you're laying on your back and you kick your legs and get in the air and land in your feet without using your hands. 

fultz is arguably in better shape physically and mentally than his rookie year, but sure yeah compare him to yourself if that makes you feel good

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, jehob said:

fultz is arguably in better shape physically and mentally than his rookie year, but sure yeah compare him to yourself if that makes you feel good

It does, really. When someone once asked if I was a football player, I talked about it for years. Thanks man 👍🏼

Edited by claptondecheeks

28 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

Heh. I mean, if he pulled one off in the season where he was not at his best, then I do believe indeed that can. And, if you're alluding to peak shape somehow being tied to the ability to notch a triple double, then why is Jokic racking them up?

Anyway, there's no point in continuing this unless you have some specific arguments about why Fultz is not capable of a trip dub you need to get out of your system.

1 hour ago, brickcitymamba said:

Heh. I mean, if he pulled one off in the season where he was not at his best, then I do believe indeed that can. And, if you're alluding to peak shape somehow being tied to the ability to notch a triple double, then why is Jokic racking them up?

Anyway, there's no point in continuing this unless you have some specific arguments about why Fultz is not capable of a trip dub you need to get out of your system.

I hope he's able to pull off TDs. If be happy even with DDs. I think he's capable but they're not giving him that opportunity at this time, but say if they feature him like KC featured Westbrook, then I don't see why not.

• Like 1

Orlando are looking putrid offensively and the metrics show that - hopefully Clifford decides to showcase him more handling the ball to help get things going. Not sure what's the point of giving DJA so many minutes if he's only responsible for running the second unit and he's shown that he's detrimental to the offensive effectiveness of the first unit..

Everyone here will see. This kids a stud. He's unbeleivable going to the rim. He's had already several games where he's had 9-11 points with other stats going into the fourth and doesn't really do anything because the likes of fournier and augustin getting deep playing time in the 4th and/or  ball hogging. Once he gets his confidence a little higher and clifford realizes he's their best playmaker i think we'll see 15 5 with 1.5 steals and some solid percentages (atleast from the field, low volume from line). He's worth it as an end of the bench guy.

• Like 1

Might take awhile to get there but I feel like his ceiling is pretty high.  Being very patient with this guy until it's evident he's capped out at a ceiling that isn't fantasy productive.

• Like 3

Despite the low minutes as of now he’s still worth a hold, especially in 12team leagues and above. Been producing very well in the stocks department, giving 2 stocks a game when starting. Other production may not be there yet but it’s serviceable. 

Clifford is intending to play him more as the season progresses to ease him in, and you can’t find this kind of upside anywhere else on the wire.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Espoiral said:

Despite the low minutes as of now he’s still worth a hold, especially in 12team leagues and above. Been producing very well in the stocks department, giving 2 stocks a game when starting. Other production may not be there yet but it’s serviceable. 

Clifford is intending to play him more as the season progresses to ease him in, and you can’t find this kind of upside anywhere else on the wire.

Agreed. I don't think he'll give many blocks, but I've been watching him play and he's really active with his hands. He could top 10 (maybe 5?) in steals with 30 mins a game.

Also, he got 2 steals today, not 1. They didn't credit him a steal when he picked Brogdon in this play: https://videos.nba.com/nba/pbp/media/2019/11/10/0021900133/267/7c9236dc-d08d-27d0-b1a0-795450144668_1280x720.mp4

Edited by YouSnoozeYouLose

Magic coach Steve Clifford said he expects to ramp up Markelle Fultz's minutes.

Clifford added that Fultz "shows no ill effects from the injury" and that he speaks daily with Orlando's trainer David Tenney to track Fultz’s progress and discuss his usage. "Part of that is, again, he hasn’t played in two years," Clifford said. "I speak with David every day about that, and we’re being prudent as we go through [the season]." Fultz is putting up 10th-round value in 9-cat since moving into the starting lineup with 9.6 points, 2.6 assists, 2.0 rebounds, 2.0 steals and 0.6 blocks with good percentages, but better days are ahead.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kmoore1521 said:

Magic coach Steve Clifford said he expects to ramp up Markelle Fultz's minutes.

Clifford added that Fultz "shows no ill effects from the injury" and that he speaks daily with Orlando's trainer David Tenney to track Fultz’s progress and discuss his usage. "Part of that is, again, he hasn’t played in two years," Clifford said. "I speak with David every day about that, and we’re being prudent as we go through [the season]." Fultz is putting up 10th-round value in 9-cat since moving into the starting lineup with 9.6 points, 2.6 assists, 2.0 rebounds, 2.0 steals and 0.6 blocks with good percentages, but better days are ahead.

giphy.gif

• Like 3

So with his minutes ramping up.... if he gets 30 + minutes a game what kind of numbers are we looking at here?

34 minutes ago, stickman786 said:

So with his minutes ramping up.... if he gets 30 + minutes a game what kind of numbers are we looking at here?

After hearing this I’m gonna pick him up again... With fox, OG and herro out I’ll need to stream 😞

55 minutes ago, stickman786 said:

45% FG

75% FG

0.7 3PT

12PPG

3.5RPG

4APG

1.8SPG

0.5BPG

2TOV

Edited by YouSnoozeYouLose

If you guys watch Magic games, Fultz job in offense is to get past the half court, passes the ball to fournier on the wing and he goes to spot up in the corner. Fultz is barely running the pnr in their set offense. He gets most of his stats from fastbreaks or when given the ball late on the shot clock to drive and kick. While DJ... is getting tons of pnr action which is really frustrating to watch if you own Fultz.

Edited by Illdrago
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Illdrago said:

If you guys watch Magic games, Fultz job in offense is to get past the half court, passes the ball to fournier on the wing and he goes to spot up in the corner. Fultz is barely running the pnr in their set offense. He gets most of his stats from fastbreaks or when given the ball late on the shot clock to drive and kick. While DJ... is getting tons of pnr action which is really frustrating to watch if you own Fultz.

Yep, that's correct. His assist will remain low if he continues to play this way.

As far as scoring goes, his signature move is a mid range pull up which he makes at a good rate but it's not enough to bring his scoring up especially when he doesn't draw a lot of fouls and he can't shoot 3s. 

1 hour ago, Monkeyking69 said:

So many of there players get a lot of touches ...I hope he gets close to 15pg ....

Not sure how you came up with 15ppg but it doesn't sound likely. 

--

His biggest strength right now is his steals. He's got really active hands and his ceiling could be as high as 2spg if he's given 30+ mins.

I don't think he'll keep up with his blocms though. They just seem like right place right time. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Illdrago said:

From the one Magic game I watched this was pretty much my impression.  It's a miracle he gets the stats he does with the usage I was seeing.  One can only hope this changes as his confidence builds and the team tries to get him more involved.  Still optimistic with the potential I feel he has though.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, YouSnoozeYouLose said:

Yep, that's correct. His assist will remain low if he continues to play this way.

As far as scoring goes, his signature move is a mid range pull up which he makes at a good rate but it's not enough to bring his scoring up especially when he doesn't draw a lot of fouls and he can't shoot 3s. 

Not sure how you came up with 15ppg but it doesn't sound likely. 

--

His biggest strength right now is his steals. He's got really active hands and his ceiling could be as high as 2spg if he's given 30+ mins.

I don't think he'll keep up with his blocms though. They just seem like right place right time. 

Damn thanks for the evaluation on his game.. I'm thinking with the increase in minutes that the ball would rotate through him to allow him to have more open space to create / or off the pick an roll to accumulate the assist. Sato was taken off the board, so I needed someone with the added assist and board from time to time until fox is back.