Stallion

Markelle Fultz 2019-2020 Outlook

43 minutes ago, Illdrago said:

If you guys watch Magic games, Fultz job in offense is to get past the half court, passes the ball to fournier on the wing and he goes to spot up in the corner. Fultz is barely running the pnr in their set offense. He gets most of his stats from fastbreaks or when given the ball late on the shot clock to drive and kick. While DJ... is getting tons of pnr action which is really frustrating to watch if you own Fultz.

Yep, that's correct. His assist will remain low if he continues to play this way.

As far as scoring goes, his signature move is a mid range pull up which he makes at a good rate but it's not enough to bring his scoring up especially when he doesn't draw a lot of fouls and he can't shoot 3s. 

1 hour ago, Monkeyking69 said:

So many of there players get a lot of touches ...I hope he gets close to 15pg ....

Not sure how you came up with 15ppg but it doesn't sound likely. 

--

His biggest strength right now is his steals. He's got really active hands and his ceiling could be as high as 2spg if he's given 30+ mins.

I don't think he'll keep up with his blocms though. They just seem like right place right time. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Illdrago said:

If you guys watch Magic games, Fultz job in offense is to get past the half court, passes the ball to fournier on the wing and he goes to spot up in the corner. Fultz is barely running the pnr in their set offense. He gets most of his stats from fastbreaks or when given the ball late on the shot clock to drive and kick. While DJ... is getting tons of pnr action which is really frustrating to watch if you own Fultz.

From the one Magic game I watched this was pretty much my impression.  It's a miracle he gets the stats he does with the usage I was seeing.  One can only hope this changes as his confidence builds and the team tries to get him more involved.  Still optimistic with the potential I feel he has though.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, YouSnoozeYouLose said:

Yep, that's correct. His assist will remain low if he continues to play this way.

As far as scoring goes, his signature move is a mid range pull up which he makes at a good rate but it's not enough to bring his scoring up especially when he doesn't draw a lot of fouls and he can't shoot 3s. 

Not sure how you came up with 15ppg but it doesn't sound likely. 

--

His biggest strength right now is his steals. He's got really active hands and his ceiling could be as high as 2spg if he's given 30+ mins.

I don't think he'll keep up with his blocms though. They just seem like right place right time. 

Damn thanks for the evaluation on his game.. I'm thinking with the increase in minutes that the ball would rotate through him to allow him to have more open space to create / or off the pick an roll to accumulate the assist. Sato was taken off the board, so I needed someone with the added assist and board from time to time until fox is back. 

There were multiple games were, heading into the fourth, he had 9 3 3, or 11 3 3. This is all in limited minutes.. then he'd finish with those stats cause of the aforementioned ball hogs. If he gets 6-8 minutes in playing time and becomes more aggressive offensively i can see close to 15 ppg.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stickman786 said:

There were multiple games were, heading into the fourth, he had 9 3 3, or 11 3 3. This is all in limited minutes.. then he'd finish with those stats cause of the aforementioned ball hogs. If he gets 6-8 minutes in playing time and becomes more aggressive offensively i can see close to 15 ppg.

fournier, Gordon, vuuuuc, and isaaac quite hard to account for a lot of touches when those guys get a lot of looks.. I picked him up and hope for a good stream week ☺

4 minutes ago, stickman786 said:

Being with a new team and having not played ball for so long I'm really hoping it's a matter of him starting to develop confidence and becoming more assertive.  I'm honestly happy with what he's shown so far given his circumstances and I hope he can live up to all the potential people saw in him.

7 minutes ago, Monkeyking69 said:

fournier, Gordon, vuuuuc, and isaaac quite hard to account for a lot of touches when those guys get a lot of looks.. I picked him up and hope for a good stream week ☺

Isaac doesn't ball hog that much. Vooch plays within the system as well. It really just fournier and gordon.. and to a certain extent Augustin. If his minutes increases it will cut into augustins playing time and maybe he can get some more looks. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, stickman786 said:

It's possible if they ran a few more plays for him. I just don't think Fultz have the most attractive skill-sets in today's game. His midrange pull up jumper isn't something they want to run a play for.

1 hour ago, Monkeyking69 said:

Don't forget Terrence Ross too. He's having a bad start to the season due to some knee tendinitis, but I think there's a chance he'll start putting up more shots like last season. His game resembles today's game as well. 

Overall, I think Fultz can hit 15ppg if he starts hitting 3s. That's the missing part of his offensive game, and I don't think Orlando is at fault for not running more sets for Fultz to score. I hope they put more focus on him to run the actual plays for others though and his assist numbers can go up.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, YouSnoozeYouLose said:

It's possible if they ran a few more plays for him. I just don't think Fultz have the most attractive skill-sets in today's game. His midrange pull up jumper isn't something they want to run a play for.

Don't forget Terrence Ross too. He's having a bad start to the season due to some knee tendinitis, but I think there's a chance he'll start putting up more shots like last season. His game resembles today's game as well. 

Overall, I think Fultz can hit 15ppg if he starts hitting 3s. That's the missing part of his offensive game, and I don't think Orlando is at fault for not running more sets for Fultz to score. I hope they put more focus on him to run the actual plays for others though and his assist numbers can go up.

honestly that's what I'm really looking for his the consistency with the assist for this fella! I'll have to watch the Orlando game this week to analyze how his playstyle and rotation will allow fultz to progress.. I enjoy owning OG, but don't enjoy watching a player just run to the wings on every play. I rather the ball rotation goes through them which is why I think Wiggins has been excelling this year. 

Apparently Clifford has come out saying that the Magic plan to up Fultz's minutes. Going to grab him as a speculative play anywhere where I have a low ceiling guard to cut.

53 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

Having his best game of the season tonight and it looks like he's on track to play 30 min. 

Finished with 21. Did he feature at all in the second half?

57 minutes ago, brickcitymamba said:

He did. I'm not sure what he was talking about. He wasn't having his best game of the season nor was his mins more than usual. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, brickcitymamba said:

8 minutes ago, YouSnoozeYouLose said:

He did. I'm not sure what he was talking about. He wasn't having his best game of the season nor was his mins more than usual. 

My bad I just looked at the box score. But he had played like 18 min at the ~8 minute mark in the third quarter.

While I was tracking the box score, it seemed like they didn't play him as much as they could have bc they were up big.