Sign in to follow this  
hlin8821

Dwayne Bacon 2019-2020 Outlook

I missed out on G Harris, but Bacons potential/situation > almost anything out of Harris besides his steals (which were down last year). 

Gotta risk it for the biscuit.

The euro step and the passing is really what surprised me.

He looked like baby OKC Harden out there.

I wasn't able to scoop him because that FG% on high volume scared me away from bidding on him.  Might eat me up all year.

1 hour ago, Trifecta said:

Gary Harris played 35 minutes for a good Nuggets team.  Bacon is a great pickup, but I'd guess Harris wasn't the best drop and would look to pick him back up before he gets things going.

I get it, gotta add now and ask questions later, but these opening night hot takes might cause regret later down the road.  Just looking out because i've seen a lot of people mention Gary Harris as a drop and I think that may come back to bite you.  He's healthy and that is the most important takeaway from his game last night.  I like him to have a nice bounce back season.

You are right, the minutes are there but I got Harris with my second last pick in my draft which is a points league. 

He may come back to bite me, but I also got VanFleet off the waivers when putting George on IR. I can’t see Harris averaging 30 FPTS a game. Bacon has the potential in my eyes 

1 hour ago, Nateyeight88 said:

You are right, the minutes are there but I got Harris with my second last pick in my draft which is a points league. 

He may come back to bite me, but I also got VanFleet off the waivers when putting George on IR. I can’t see Harris averaging 30 FPTS a game. Bacon has the potential in my eyes 

Nah.  Gary Harris sucks in points leagues.  Nuggets have too much depth and he doesn't do much for you regarding peripheral counting stats.  Plus he's hurt a lot.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This is the best smelling thread in the forums. 

• Haha 3

i was able to trade bacon + marcus morris for thomas bryant ..

too good an opportunity to pass up

good luck tho fellas 

5 hours ago, Trifecta said:

Gary Harris played 35 minutes for a good Nuggets team.  Bacon is a great pickup, but I'd guess Harris wasn't the best drop and would look to pick him back up before he gets things going.

I get it, gotta add now and ask questions later, but these opening night hot takes might cause regret later down the road.  Just looking out because i've seen a lot of people mention Gary Harris as a drop and I think that may come back to bite you.  He's healthy and that is the most important takeaway from his game last night.  I like him to have a nice bounce back season.

I feel like the 2 triples and 1.5 stocks from Harris can be easily found. 3 boards and 3 dimes isn't hard to find either on the wire. That Denver roster is deep too.

Bacon has the opportunity for much more counting stats, and a long leash on a rebuilding team

• Like 1

Won't argue with that take, and I also agree with the post above that Harris is not really a points league guy. 

But he was a top 40 player in 9 cat just two years ago and top 60 the year prior, so there's precedence of sustained success. He had an injury filled down year. He got 34 min (most of any nuggets player), so I'd say he's healthy and ready to get things going again. I made room for him AND bacon.

Let's eat! 🐖🥓

Edited by Trifecta
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Trifecta said:

Won't argue with that take, and I also agree with the post above that Harris is not really a points league guy. 

But he was a top 40 player in 9 cat just two years ago and top 60 the year prior, so there's precedence of sustained success. He had an injury filled down year. He got 34 min (most of any nuggets player), so I'd say he's healthy and ready to get things going again. I made room for him AND bacon.

Let's eat! 🐖🥓

yep I had him that year he was great.

This is my last roster spot, as I got Prince, Lopez and Warren ahead of them.

I'm betting Harris can't repeat the elite and efficient 18ppg until he does it again.

I don't feel good about it, he looks the best option on my wire.

is this FT thing an issue?

0/3 today so far

32 minutes ago, Quazza said:

is this FT thing an issue?

0/3 today so far

Nah he's hit around 75% as a pro. His issue will be if lack of efficiency leads to fewer opportunities. Tonight's line blows, but it was a blowout so he didn't get 4th quarter minutes. I picked up PJ then Bacon and now it's looking like I should've gone for Graham with that 2nd spot.

This backcourt is way too crowded. It's looking to me like it will be a pretty much even split between him, Terry, Graham, and Monk. I'll give him one more game but if I don't see atleast 28 minutes or a nice line, he's getting cut.

• Like 2

Brutal court time last game with the amount he got the first game. What changed? Anyone watch?

Relax guys. First of all Bacon had 2 fouls the first 5-7 minutes, second one committed by him stopping a fast break. Second of all I refuse to believe Graham keeps this up because 1-they overpaid terry rozier to replace the PG position 2-terry had two fouls himself in like 3 minutes of play. Graham might be the 6th man though he has solidified that i think. Free throw is a concern for me howevee but if hes not in foul trouble hes getting minutes.

Edited by Johnnyapplebot

11 minutes ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

Relax guys. First of all Bacon had 2 fouls the first 5-7 minutes, second one committed by him stopping a fast break. Second of all I refuse to believe Graham keeps this up because 1-they overpaid terry rozier to replace the PG position 2-terry had two fouls himself in like 3 minutes of play. Graham might be the 6th man though he has solidified that i think. Free throw is a concern for me howevee but if hes not in foul trouble hes getting minutes.

“We can play them together,” Borrego said. “We can play Terry off the ball some with Te’ out there. We’ll look at that lineup. We played it some tonight.”

I'm holding Bacon but your reasoning for it is nonsense.

Going to be musical chairs with the hot hand on this team from night to night. There are literally zero proven scorers to lead an offence no matter what rosier May think of himself. If he can’t be somewhat efficient he will provide minimal value and only fit punt teams ignoring shooting percentages. 

5 hours ago, miasma16 said:

“We can play them together,” Borrego said. “We can play Terry off the ball some with Te’ out there. We’ll look at that lineup. We played it some tonight.”

I'm holding Bacon but your reasoning for it is nonsense.

A lineup that got demolished? Ok. 

58 minutes ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

A lineup that got demolished? Ok. 

You can try to rationalize it all you want, but Borrego literally said he's going to try to play last game's two best two guards together more. You'd have to be delusional to believe otherwise.