Sign in to follow this  
chaiway

Real Measurements

Apparently we are getting legit Heights on players this year as opposed to aspirational measurements and heights in 2.25" shoes (shout out to Cole Aldrich).

Some of the interesting ones so far

• Zion: 6'6" (listed at 6'7" at Duke)
  • JJJ: 6'11'' (measured at 6'9.75" in the draft)
  • John Collins: 6'8.5" (measured at 6'8.25" in the draft)

I'm very curious about Jon Isaac (seems to have grown taller than Bamba) and Larry Nance (mentioned that he's shorter than his listed height)

• Haha 1

let's settle the KD 7-footer-with-guard-skills hype once and for all

2 hours ago, jay14bay said:

let's settle the KD 7-footer-with-guard-skills hype once and for all

I'm guessing 6'11''

Totally forgot about this, just checked again. 

KD : 6'10. So much for the 7 foot hype, hes just not another Larry Bird with handle lol
Tobias Harris : 6'7
Isaiah Thomas : 5'8. Technically means hes one of only 4 nba players ever under the average height of 5'9 to play in NBA.
Al Horford : 6'9
Dwight Howard : 6'9. Thats crazy!! he was getting all them boards and blocks, basically another Ben Wallace.
JJ Barea : 5'10
Marvin Bagley : 6'8. And Kings wanna play this guy at center? smh
Draymond Green : 6'5. How in the hell? This man is not human. Never seen a 6'5 sf before give 7 footers problems. Guess Bagley can play C after all lol 
Adebayo : 6'9

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Embiid at 6'11.75" (listed at 7'2")

Simmons at 6'9.5" .... 2nd tallest on the team... taller than Horford

I don't think that Bagley 6'8 thing is official, I read somewhere he is actually 6'10 instead of 6'11.

10 hours ago, RipCity0 said:

I don't think that Bagley 6'8 thing is official, I read somewhere he is actually 6'10 instead of 6'11.

Yeah he's not 6'8. Multiple Kings beat writers have already debunked it

22 hours ago, jay_00 said:

KD : 6'10. So much for the 7 foot hype, hes just not another Larry Bird with handle lol
Isaiah Thomas : 5'8. Technically means hes one of only 4 nba players ever under the average height of 5'9 to play in NBA.
Dwight Howard : 6'9. Thats crazy!! he was getting all them boards and blocks, basically another Ben Wallace.
Draymond Green : 6'5. How in the hell? This man is not human. Never seen a 6'5 sf before give 7 footers problems. Guess Bagley can play C after all lol 

Isaiah Thomas at 5'8" is crazy impressive considering what he was able to accomplish. Respect for Barea as well

23 hours ago, jay_00 said:

Isaiah Thomas:  That makes no statistical sense.  If only 4 nba players are below the average height, then that is too short to be the average height.

Draymond Green: Charles Barkley says hello!  Barkley used to be listed anywhere between 6'6" and 6'8" back when small ball wasn't a thing and all big men wanted to appear taller.  There is a chance his true height was actual 6'4". and the guy was a rebounding PF machine. It makes me wonder what height Rodman actually was too.

43 minutes ago, DZaak said:

Isaiah Thomas:  That makes no statistical sense.  If only 4 nba players are below the average height, then that is too short to be the average height.

5'9 is the average height of all men. He was below the global average.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jsquints said:

5'9 is the average height of all men. He was below the global average.

Ok, fair enough. The OP worded that extremely poorly though. See below:

From a Shams Charania Article in the Athletic today:

* KD is..... 6'9.5: big surprise as it seemed like he was much taller (6'9" at the combine) but it could just have been that everyone else is shorter than listed

* Draymond is 6'6"

* Klay is 6'5"

* LBJ is 6'8.5"

* Anthony Davis and Dwight are 6'9.75"

On 10/8/2019 at 9:30 PM, jay_00 said:

Don’t forget about Barkley on ur Draymond comment. He may not of been a SF but Barkley is probably 6’4

• Like 1

On 10/9/2019 at 9:45 PM, DZaak said:

Ok, fair enough. The OP worded that extremely poorly though. See below:

I may sometimes word things incorrectly, but i thought it was obvious to everyone that 5'9 is the average height of a male.

I'm curious as to what's the most a player has actually grown since getting drafted? JJJ's 2" seems up there, especially for a legit 6'9" coming in

So...

- Jonny Isaac is officially 6'11" (last measure at 6'10.5" in shoes), So is Vooch, Sabonis, Turner, Ayton, KAT

- WCJ is 6'9", Blake Griffing is 6'9"

- Love is 6'8"

- Both Garland and Sexton are 6'1"

On a different note, Jokic is listed at 284 lbs which would put him around Boban (290) and Zion (285) for the top 3 heaviest in the league