iowncrazyhair

Shai Gilgeous-Alexander 2019-2020 Outlook

I tried getting him in all my leagues but now they just kept bumping up his rank the past few weeks. Really high on this kid. 

Projections and thoughts with his new team? 

His scoring should go up as OKC will need someone else besides Gallo and CP3 and both are high injury risk. Expect some inconsistencies, but no complaints about him really. He's one of the premiere 1 / 1 / 1 players. A bit better for Rotisserie.

Very high on this kid. And if Paul gets traded...

1 hour ago, a-rob said:

I like the player, but i would temper my expectations too. Not a big threat to make many 3pts and not a high assists guy. For me I would expect 14ppg 4 rpg 4 apg 1+ 3pm 1+ spg. Not bad, but might get over drafted too.

Also CP3 is probably gonna play in OKC for a while, no one wants to trade for his max contract spanning many years

I like his game, but I have been tempering my expectations as well. Someone I would draft but not reach for at all. Although CP3 will definitely get hurt, I don’t see him getting traded unless another team is desperate. That contract is rough.

Curious. What round do you feel is too high for him?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

I like his game, but I have been tempering my expectations as well. Someone I would draft but not reach for at all. Although CP3 will definitely get hurt, I don’t see him getting traded unless another team is desperate. That contract is rough.

Curious. What round do you feel is too high for him?

I haven't got him yet, and I've seen opinions vary greatly.  Some say sure fire top 30 player, but I don't quite see it yet.  I really don't know what to think about this dude.  If he improves a little maybe he's 15 points 1-1.4 threes, nothing amazing in reb/ast, good steals probably around 1.5...nothing amazing % wise but maybe the FT is more consistent and could be over 80% for the year, and you know he won't hurt you which is good.  You're banking on him beasting when CP3 / Gallo sits, so maybe he gets a nice boost for 15 games or potentially more...

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, a-rob said:

I like the player, but i would temper my expectations too. Not a big threat to make many 3pts and not a high assists guy. For me I would expect 14ppg 4 rpg 4 apg 1+ 3pm 1+ spg. Not bad, but might get over drafted too.

Also CP3 is probably gonna play in OKC for a while, no one wants to trade for his max contract spanning many years

that's basically what he avg last 25 games last year in under 28 min. as a rookie. think his def stats have more upside dude has 7 ft wingspan. and shot 50% last 25 games. I like his game. I believe 

also has pg/sg so can fit many different builds

Edited by colepenhagen

Would this be a conservative projection (?): 15/5/5/1/0.8 with 0.8 triple?

I hope I'm wrong, but I honestly don't see him hitting 3s that often. His takes those pull-up elbow jumpers, sometimes even inside the box which tells me those spots or that area is his comfort zone. I hope I'm wrong, I need those 3s. 😂

Someone has to score on that team though.

7 hours ago, MysticPeak said:

I hope I'm wrong, but I honestly don't see him hitting 3s that often. His takes those pull-up elbow jumpers, sometimes even inside the box which tells me those spots or that area is his comfort zone. I hope I'm wrong, I need those 3s. 😂

steals will be closer to 1.5 and he should be able to at least get 1.1-1.4 3's per game similar to what he was doing last couple months of the season and with the added of experience of practicing next to cp3 should only help his defense and improve stocks while also helping his offensive along with his a court vision which over the season we may see improved assist numbers

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, MysticPeak said:

4 hours ago, halbounih said:

steals will be closer to 1.5 and he should be able to at least get 1.1-1.4 3's per game similar to what he was doing last couple months of the season and with the added of experience of practicing next to cp3 should only help his defense and improve stocks while also helping his offensive along with his a court vision which over the season we may see improved assist numbers

The 5/5 reb/ast is a little aggressive.  I would say closer to 4.  The 0.8 blocks is super aggressive but it's possible. So a conservative projection would be 3.5 reb / 3.5 ast / 0.5 blk.  

The steals are super conservative, 1.2 would be his floor I think.  

0.8 threes is a good projection as his floor.  He'll likely get over 1 three / game, probably like hal said 1.1-1.4 threes.  So I'd say 1 / game is accurate, but would expect more.  

• Thanks 1

I don't see the 50% FG shooting as sustainable, and if he does get high 40's it might be at the expense of 3's...maybe 45% FG 75% FT to be safe but expecting more...

I think yall are being very modest with your projections. He's the best player on the team with extreme talent and a smooth game. This is a Jerry West hand pick, this dude has the physical and the mental

18ppg - 6rpg - 4apg - 1.5stls - 1.5 3s - 0.6 blks and something like 47%/38%/82%

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, MysticPeak said:

Vets seems to be getting the touches this game. I'm just going to look away.

Most shot attempts on the Thunder team so far.. 

Just now, StifleTower2 said:

He will own everyone.

I dont own him anywhere :(

2 minutes ago, Chrizz said:

I dont own him anywhere :(

I still have the majority of my drafts left.  I know it's just preseason but I'm going to target Adams and SGA hard.

7 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

I still have the majority of my drafts left.  I know it's just preseason but I'm going to target Adams and SGA hard.

Im gonna target him too in the rest of my drafts but now with this game and rotoworld hyping him up hes gonna be hard to get for the right price. Until now he was a late mid rounder. Whats the earliest you would draft him in snake drafts?

4 minutes ago, Chrizz said:

Im gonna target him too in the rest of my drafts but now with this game and rotoworld hyping him up hes gonna be hard to get for the right price. Until now he was a late mid rounder. Whats the earliest you would draft him in snake drafts?

Earliest?  Sorry, impossible to answer.  It depends too much on who is available.  I wouldn't pick him over Lowry, Conley, etc but obv would pick him over Teague/Smart.  I guess that makes him a 40-70 target.  

• Like 1

im debating between him and morant depending on team needs anytime after pick 50 really. has some kawhi in him.

He’s usually taken in the 6th or 7th in mocks i’m in. So yeah, he’ll now probably go as early as rd 5. 

2 hours ago, a-rob said:

my only concern is, why is cp3 starting with schroeder in the backcourt? SGA will have a hard time getting assists if Dennis will also be in first 5

I don't think it would make much sense to start the season with that lineup. Hopefully its something they're just testing out during preseason

2 hours ago, a-rob said:

my only concern is, why is cp3 starting with schroeder in the backcourt? SGA will have a hard time getting assists if Dennis will also be in first 5

I'm not so sure he's gonna get much of a bump in rebs or ast yet. I think he's a bit young Gary Harris-esque to me as far as fantasy appeal goes for now. Strong guard percentages and we'll see where his numbers grow from there. He has a shot to be pretty elite as far as stocks go. I'm not sure it's all going to come together this season but I'm willing to invest and find out.