iowncrazyhair

Shai Gilgeous-Alexander 2019-2020 Outlook

Totally regret taking Roco over him in 6th round. Knew he was in for a career year but I opted for the stocks 

3 hours ago, StifleTower2 said:

I wouldn't pick him over Lowry, Conley, etc but obv would pick him over Teague/Smart. 

Would you pick SGA before Murray, Brogdon, or Rubio ? Tough to decide between these four...

2 hours ago, GrandGourou said:

Would you pick SGA before Murray, Brogdon, or Rubio ? Tough to decide between these four...

Rubio yeah I would. Maybe Brogdon too? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GrandGourou said:

I’d rank them Brogdon, SGA, Murray, Rubio in 9 cat roto.  Brogdon might be the only 50/40/90 guy next year. In H2H it would depend more on what my team looked like, playoff schedule, etc.  

• Like 1

Last night’s game did not change anything for me. SGA is super-talented, but Chris Paul will still be on this team the whole year and that caps his value.

He is definitely worth drafting because of the efficiency and stocks, but not worth reaching for over other safer PGs because the assist numbers are going to be capped at 3.5-4. And especially if Schroder really is going to start with SGA and Paul.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, GrandGourou said:

Right now in my prerank Brogdon is about ten places ahead and all others side-by-side. Because this is not my final rank before draft, it could be changed, therefore I can just consider Brogdon better, others even.

Edited by apatas
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, GrandGourou said:

Murray, SGA and the rest. I would also grab SGA over Lowry  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, malixx said:

Murray, SGA and the rest. I would also grab SGA over Lowry  

I personally think we are stretching now...SGA looked good but it was one preseason game and when the games matter, he's the 3rd offensive option and CP3 will still be handling the ball quite a bit.  Kyle Lowry, with no Kawhi, should revert back to a top 30 type fantasy player with an uptick in scoring and assists to go with near elite 3s and steals.  I'm all for bumping SGA up your board, but I would definitely take Lowry over him.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, jmoney23 said:

I personally think we are stretching now...SGA looked good but it was one preseason game and when the games matter, he's the 3rd offensive option and CP3 will still be handling the ball quite a bit.  Kyle Lowry, with no Kawhi, should revert back to a top 30 type fantasy player with an uptick in scoring and assists to go with near elite 3s and steals.  I'm all for bumping SGA up your board, but I would definitely take Lowry over him.

Oh I agree. Lowry probably has a chance at top 20 due to Kawhi gone. It's just MY personal preference that i usually go with potential and also Lowry is 33 yrs old. That's gonna be some heavy usage for a guy who's often injured but i agree, nothing wrong with taking Lowry over SGA 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, jmoney23 said:

agreed, but i also think we might be in for a little surprise after ASB as SGA naturally develops and CP3 is shopped around. The upside is just too big.

• Like 1

4 of 8 from 3pt land last game... if he can up his 3pt% that will swing his value in a big way

• Like 1

Thinking about it a bit more, I'm expecting a Bledsoe-esque performance this year: 16/5/5 with 1.5 threes, 1.5 steals, .5 blocks on 48/80 shooting, 2 TO.  I'd still expect a better year from Brogdon, at least in 9 cat roto, due to him being more even more efficient and probably having more usage with Dipo out.  Obviously, SGA has a huge edge in stocks.  Definitely pick SGA over Rubio and Murray.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

Thinking about it a bit more, I'm expecting a Bledsoe-esque performance this year: 16/5/5 with 1.5 threes, 1.5 steals, .5 blocks on 48/80 shooting, 2 TO.  I'd still expect a better year from Brogdon, at least in 9 cat roto, due to him being more even more efficient and probably having more usage with Dipo out.  Obviously, SGA has a huge edge in stocks.  Definitely pick SGA over Rubio and Murray.  

I really like the prediction and was wondering how many minutes were you basing it on?

A couple of thoughts:

1. By playing more at the 2/3 instead of the 1, he should get more Pts/3s and less assists (maybe 18/4/4). 

2. I'm expecting around 32/33 min which could up the steals to 1.6+

3. With more 3s, he might suffer a slight drop off in FG% but will still be elite for a guard

4. His FT% in college was closer to 82% so if he has a slight uptick and gets to the line a little more that will help his value quite a bit as well

For reference - last month of the season - 31.8mpg 14.8/3.6/5.1 0.8 3s 1.6/0.5

6 minutes ago, chaiway said:

I really like the prediction and was wondering how many minutes were you basing it on?

A couple of thoughts:

1. By playing more at the 2/3 instead of the 1, he should get more Pts/3s and less assists (maybe 18/4/4). 

2. I'm expecting around 32/33 min which could up the steals to 1.6+

3. With more 3s, he might suffer a slight drop off in FG% but will still be elite for a guard

4. His FT% in college was closer to 82% so if he has a slight uptick and gets to the line a little more that will help his value quite a bit as well

For reference - last month of the season - 31.8mpg 14.8/3.6/5.1 0.8 3s 1.6/0.5

I was basing it on 30 mpg I but think you're right.  Threes and points go up.  Assists go down.  18/5/4 with 1.6 steals, 1.4 threes, .5 blocks.  47/82 with 2 TO.  Top 50.  Still similar to Bledsoe where is value is a nice diverse  9 cat roto line, buoyed by stock and efficiency.  Otto Porter might be another comp in the 4th-5th rounds. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Well I finally got SGA on one of my teams (6th round), and its a punt points team, for which I think he is perfect...

Edited by hipriest69

If you want a good player comp, he's basically the next Bledsoe.  He will be a top 30 player at some point in his career.  For now I think his ceiling is top 40.  His value is diminishing as his draft stock gets higher.

If you want yo draft him with enough upside value, he should be picked in the 60's, but he's going way earlier somewhat often.

• Like 1

On 10/10/2019 at 3:43 AM, hipriest69 said:

Well I finally got SGA on one of my teams (6th round), and its a punt points team, for which I think he is perfect...

He’s all points in preseason. You pick him as multi-cat potential without punting any cat. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, sickrookie said:

He’s all points in preseason. You pick him as multi-cat potential without punting any cat. 

Preseason friend.  

He's probably gonna fill it up and contribute across the board, plus his % project well for a guard and if you want to go by preseason stats are actually elite at 50/90.

He'll probably give you 3's (not a lot but not insignificant) + stocks (a lot for a guard) + %, and when CP3 sits I think he will beast out in assists...Now it doesn't matter as much if he scores 10 or 18 on any given night, because I'm pretty sure he'll fill it up elsewhere...and if he scores a lot then hopefully that means his FG% or FT% was pretty strong as well.  I suppose Dejounte might have also been a nice fit a round or 2 later. 

Edited by hipriest69

is he more of a better bball player then 9-cat fantasy player in real life. points, good %, steals. decent popcorn stats across the board.

To all those who watch a ton of basketball AND appreciate the advanced analytics side of things, this kid is the REAL deal.

Smooth and controlled, with a great feel for the game and knows exactly what the right play is and where the ball should be at all times. An absolute ball hawk... would not be shocked at 2+ steals and .5 - .6 blocks a game. A hybrid clone of Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf/Brandon Roy offensively... I am all in on SGA this season. 

Do not be surprised at a MIP kind of campaign from SGA. The talk of every scout from last year was how did he slip all the way to the Clippers in the draft. 

19/5/5 with upside to come. 

3 hours ago, Soafanforlife said:

To all those who watch a ton of basketball AND appreciate the advanced analytics side of things, this kid is the REAL deal.

Smooth and controlled, with a great feel for the game and knows exactly what the right play is and where the ball should be at all times. An absolute ball hawk... would not be shocked at 2+ steals and .5 - .6 blocks a game. A hybrid clone of Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf/Brandon Roy offensively... I am all in on SGA this season. 

Do not be surprised at a MIP kind of campaign from SGA. The talk of every scout from last year was how did he slip all the way to the Clippers in the draft. 

19/5/5 with upside to come. 

I hope to God you're right. He is the only PG on my team lmaooo

I am glad I didn’t draft him expecting assists. Preseason was a good indication of what to expect and he is delivering.

This dude no doubt is going to average 20 PPG.