iowncrazyhair

Shai Gilgeous-Alexander 2019-2020 Outlook

3 minutes ago, doomz said:

i don't know guys, it feels like we're not talking about this kid enough

Once Paul and/or schroder get traded... oh boy, this guy is gonna be fun. Heck, he already is a monster!

5 minutes ago, doomz said:

i don't know guys, it feels like we're not talking about this kid enough

Very true. He has been fantastic yet he has already just become one of those kind of studs where it is just expected of him now so we don’t talk about it much.

Crazy to think how good he has been and I know he has been one of my best picks for sure.

What's crazy is how low his USG% is. 

I truly believe he will put up first round value once Paul and Schroeder are gone. Hot take but I'm sticking by it

Based on the last two games he should've had 30 points in each game, I feel like he takes it easy in the 2nd half of each game. He should've just kept that motor going. If they at least get rid of Chris Paul or Schroeder, he'd be top 20 player no problem

6 hours ago, deathrazor said:

Can he be a first rounder?

His FT and stls are not inline with career averages yet

First rounder? This year? Like in the company of Davis, KAT, Harden, James, Jokic, Lillard, Embiid, (Curry)? In like 2 or 3 years he might be a first or second rounder, but not this season (even if STL and FT% catch up).

However, he really is great if you got him late in your draft. In my league he was picked at like 45, which takes away a lot of his upside.

On 11/6/2019 at 7:03 AM, HerrMcKenzie said:

First rounder? This year? Like in the company of Davis, KAT, Harden, James, Jokic, Lillard, Embiid, (Curry)? In like 2 or 3 years he might be a first or second rounder, but not this season (even if STL and FT% catch up).

However, he really is great if you got him late in your draft. In my league he was picked at like 45, which takes away a lot of his upside.

I think he can be a borderline first round guy by the end of the year and into next seasons draft-rankings. The back end of the first round is filled with guys like trae young, jrue holiday, jimmy butler etc.

I absolutely can see a scenario where SGA is preferred to those guys. SGA’s game is perfectly made for fantasy, and he is just scratching the surface.

• Like 1

It's unfortunate how we realign our expectations the moment an unproven player blesses us with an MIP-discussion leap that appears completely stable moving forward.

1385961240_ScreenShot2019-11-07at12_34_53PM.thumb.png.c38b5a655910b654329aaea2901cfbcf.png

A few of his per-36's are down, but more things are way more up than it was realistic to anticipate. He's not going to hurt your steals or FT by season's end. The only annoying cat will be assists, which he wasn't great at even on a Clips team with fewer playmakers. 

So we got damn lucky, and given OKC's situation things are only looking up...

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, MattYank922 said:

I got him with the 69th pick in a 14 team draft. thank you dear Baby Jesus

nice

Dunno but hes a 4th rounder right now with upside. He gives you 20 plus on great fg% and 3s. Lack of assists but you cant complain.

Just now, Johnnyapplebot said:

Dunno but hes a 4th rounder right now with upside. He gives you 20 plus on great fg% and 3s. Lack of assists but you cant complain.

He's the perfect PG for a punt assist build

I'm trying to get this guy on my team but I dunno what's his worth. Really perfect for a punt assist team. 

I like SGA, but the thing is his stats are a bit empty. Low assists, low stocks, and 2 3pg in this day and age isn't even considered a lot. Sure the 22ppg is nice if you got him in the middle rounds, but I haven't seen enough from him yet to take him in rounds 1-3 or trade someone in that tier for him

Low stocks? He’ll be a 1.5 steal and 1 block guy. From a guard, that is elite.  

The assists are the only drag but all he needs to do is get that number to 4 or 5 and he’s in rare company as an overall fantasy asset. 

21 minutes ago, NoHablaIngles said:

Low stocks? He’ll be a 1.5 steal and 1 block guy. From a guard, that is elite.  

The assists are the only drag but all he needs to do is get that number to 4 or 5 and he’s in rare company as an overall fantasy asset. 

I'll believe those stocks when I see them

5 minutes ago, vyun said:

I'll believe those stocks when I see them

1.6 steals and 0.5 blocks in college.

1.2 steals and 0.5 blocks last year in 26.5 minutes a game.

He has it in him. He is at 0.9 blocks right now. The steals are coming.

18 hours ago, MysticPeak said:

Has anyone tried selling him? If so, who did you get in return?

I have put him on the block many times to get feelers and everyone seems to lowball me in the offer, almost disrespectful. I was able to get an greenest for Bam Bam but I love SGA way too much right now. May consider it still in the future 

7 minutes ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

1.6 steals and 0.5 blocks in college.

1.2 steals and 0.5 blocks last year in 26.5 minutes a game.

He has it in him. He is at 0.9 blocks right now. The steals are coming.

It's very common for player's defensive stats to fall off when their minutes and offensive workload increase. Given that SGA is playing 36mpg and basically carrying the O alone, I would not be surprised if he averages fewer than 1 block and 1 steal per game this year. Like I said, he's a good player to have, a draft day steal if you got him below round 4/5, but don't go overboard with the hype. Will believe it when I see it

• Like 1

On 11/5/2019 at 8:21 PM, NoHablaIngles said:

Once Paul and/or schroder get traded... oh boy, this guy is gonna be fun. Heck, he already is a monster!

Even if they don't get traded (I can see Schroder getting traded but not sold on CP's contract) the inevitable CP injury will happen. 

I plan on keeping this kid for the season. He's putting up great numbers and if there's one thing that has bit me in the butt come playoff time is players sitting/injured which I don't think either will happen to him.

BUT if an offer I can't refuse comes along then I'm willing to listen lol.