iowncrazyhair

Shai Gilgeous-Alexander 2019-2020 Outlook

22 minutes ago, vyun said:

It's very common for player's defensive stats to fall off when their minutes and offensive workload increase. Given that SGA is playing 36mpg and basically carrying the O alone, I would not be surprised if he averages fewer than 1 block and 1 steal per game this year. Like I said, he's a good player to have, a draft day steal if you got him below round 4/5, but don't go overboard with the hype. Will believe it when I see it

That can be true in some cases. And yes he is the #1 guy on the team. But many can maintain defense and offense. And he isn’t carrying the load alone anyway.

The Thunder isn’t the G league Warriors. Gallo, Paul, Schroder can all provide scoring.

I actually think he is exceeding the hype because despite not meeting his steals projection so far I am not sure anyone had him scoring 20 points a game. He maintained a good FG% on more volume. He is providing good blocks for a guard. The assists are around what I expected. FT% should normalize. And I don’t think he will be below 1 on steals so we will see.

• Like 1

as a fan of watching him last year (because of Harrell) he is underperforming fantasy wise. lack of the big stats (dimes steals and blks makes for a very unappealing line to me. has the length and talent but so did/does wiggins and ingram and they really didn't produce fantasy wise. not saying this is the same situation but as someone mentioned above when you take on more min and are more focused/expended more energy on off. its tough to get those stocks. many ex. j rich for one

• Like 1

whats it gonna take for this guy to get SF eligibility? he plays the 3 regularly when him, Paul and Schroeder are all on the floor

7 hours ago, NoHablaIngles said:

whats it gonna take for this guy to get SF eligibility? he plays the 3 regularly when him, Paul and Schroeder are all on the floor

https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/206157-fantasy-basketball/suggestions/35839780-shai-gilgeous-alexander-f-and-g-eligibily

Let's get him SF eligibility! Please vote

• Like 1

Shai played the most minutes of anyone on the team, just simply wasn't hitting his shots and surprisingly failed to secure a single assist. To be fair, the Thunder as a whole wasn't playing well either losing 85-111.

Edited by JoshB

2 hours ago, MysticPeak said:

Revenge game.

What's the opposite of a revenge game?

Very passive tonight. He started aggressive then rest of the game he defer. 

On 11/9/2019 at 4:04 AM, colepenhagen said:

as a fan of watching him last year (because of Harrell) he is underperforming fantasy wise. lack of the big stats (dimes steals and blks makes for a very unappealing line to me. has the length and talent but so did/does wiggins and ingram and they really didn't produce fantasy wise. not saying this is the same situation but as someone mentioned above when you take on more min and are more focused/expended more energy on off. its tough to get those stocks. many ex. j rich for one

Unless you're referring to their respective sophomore years, how are you claiming that Wiggins and Ingram are not producing fantasy value? 

Edited by samer42

4 minutes ago, samer42 said:

Unless you're referring to their respective sophomore years, how are you claiming that Wiggins and Ingram are not producing fantasy value? 

ha this year they are. what about the last 3 years? length and talent doesn't mean fantasy value or stocks. ingram has 0.6 steals 0.6 blk career avg. (31 min)  that's absolute garbage for his length and talent.

47 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

ha this year they are. what about the last 3 years? length and talent doesn't mean fantasy value or stocks. ingram has 0.6 steals 0.6 blk career avg. (31 min)  that's absolute garbage for his length and talent.

Ingram and Wiggins have both been top 30 fantasy players in category leagues so far.

Yeah, you're welcome.  I just dropped Schroeder, so obv he goes off against the Lakers.

Damn, SGA looks like he's terrified out there.  I knew he has so much potential, but CP3 and Schroeder just look so fearless and aggressive compared to him.

Well, he's played a B2B against both LA teams, which are both excellent defensive teams.  And CP3 and Schroeder are swapping good games either each other.

He'll be much better, since he's missing a ton of makeable shots, but I'm just frustrated that he just doesn't have that killer instinct that even certain rookies have.  He'll be a good player, but I'm gonna temper my expectations now after drafting him in the 7th.

EDIT: *SGA dribbles*.  OKC announcers: "He did a good job not turning it over!"

Yes, great job bouncing the ball and not giving it to the opponent.

Edited by MWon