Sign in to follow this  
Trench Mob

Zach Lavine 2019-2020 Outlook

don't see how you can say hes a lock for 5 dimes if hes never hit that and is tomas handling the ball more? 

I think he has a ridiculous season. If you saw how fast and smooth he was playing preseason, I am completely sold. He may not stay healthy but I wouosnt put 28 5 and 5 with 1+ stls and 2.5 3s behind him. Hes draining 3s with ease and looks faster than Westbrook out there. I have him in almlst half my leagues and plan to take the chance. I can see 2nd round value easily coming from this guy if my eye weren't deceiving me. He did some work in the off season, don't expect the same player. He looks insanely good and be grabbed for $22 bucks. All in, I'll take my injury chances for a guy that can put up $45 value on the court and probably will. He talked about getting his TO down and his fg% avg last year was 46. Knock a TO off and he's gonna be the steal of the draft this year if he stays healthy. Bad playoff schedule unfortunately... 

• Like 1

Can see this guy performing 2nd round value but my concern is if he's going to play 65+ games. If so he's going to smash his ADP value

I got him last night at late 4th round in a 12 team league. Later on in the 8th got Lou Williams. How is he much different than say lou Williams? Little bump in points (5 pts max I say) but then lou will gets to the FT line and helps in ft's a lot. 3 pointers there sort of  wash. Assist is a wash too.  They both give very mediocre defensive stats. Lou will got the edge on health. 

Edited by the1gq2nvy

6 minutes ago, the1gq2nvy said:

I got him last night at late 4th round in a 12 team league. Later on in the 8th got Lou Williams. How is he much different than say lou Williams? Little bump in points (5 pts max I say) but then lou will gets to the FT line and helps in ft's a lot. 3 pointers there sort of  wash. Assist is a wash too.  They both give very mediocre defensive stats. Lou will got the edge on health. 

Sweet Lou free throw attempts are 7 times a game, LaVine 6. Is that much of a difference?

It's just the opportunity and usage LaVine should see. It's gonna be massvie. LaVine can rack up some steals, but yeah, not dependent. They're a good overload pairing.

7 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

Sweet Lou free throw attempts are 7 times a game, LaVine 6. Is that much of a difference?

It's just the opportunity and usage LaVine should see. It's gonna be massvie. LaVine can rack up some steals, but yeah, not dependent. They're a good overload pairing.

Ya I agree. He should get a ton of opportunity with the bulls...main concern is Bulls not tanking. That's another factor. I'm hoping that since he wants to be an all star this year then Bulls will try not to tank and sit there players. 

Edited by the1gq2nvy

I like Zach's game and he seems like a great fit for punt FG%/TO but I've put him firmly in my "draft only if he falls far enough" bucket.  The injury history is a major concern.  Around his ADP I'd rather target guys like Tatum, Bryant, Adebayo, Brogdon, JJJ if they're available.  

28 minutes ago, 80version said:

I like Zach's game and he seems like a great fit for punt FG%/TO but I've put him firmly in my "draft only if he falls far enough" bucket.  The injury history is a major concern.  Around his ADP I'd rather target guys like Tatum, Bryant, Adebayo, Brogdon, JJJ if they're available.  

He actually has one of the best FG% for a guard shooting with volume. But def punt TO.

31 minutes ago, 80version said:

Shot almost 47% last year. Sure he can be an option in punt FG but hardly a great fit.

No one cares about turnovers lol. Seriously. Or else Otto Porter Jr would be a backend 1st / early 2nd round player. Players with godly counting stats will turnover the ball.

Edited by Trench Mob
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, 80version said:

You gotta be talking about category leagues. Points leagues he's considerably ahead of those guys

Sato will the the full time stater. All system's go for LaVine's all-star breakout.

I am speaking for 8 cat here...LaVine just looks to be in one of those spots where everything is in place for him. Knee fully recovered. He has mentioned he got more explosive with that rehab. Now we see him fully recovered from that injury. He has the keys to that offense. I get the idea that WCJ, Otto, Lauri are nice young pieces, but Lauri is the only one that should be getting a lot of shots every night. Aside from LaVine, no one can consistently generate their own offense. He got paid. The franchise staked a flag with him. Tomas impact isn't really all that concerning to me. The ball is going to be in LaVine's hands a lot. That is half the battle. If healthy, he is going to be a monster.

To me, he reminds me a lot of Tracy McGrady. I remember Tracy being able to get his shot anytime anywhere because he could just rise up over a defender. Not staying it was a good shot, but it was a shot. LaVine has that ability and in his development just settled too often for rising up off balance for long 2s/3s. I think people overlook how much development was lost to the injury on the court. He was a bench player before he got the chance to start and then the injury. I think we will see his game evolve and he probably has a line like Kobe's age 23 season with more 3s. That year Kobe was ranked 12 in 8 cat. I don't even think it is all that bold. When I see how drafts play out and all of that stuff I just find the value proposition with LaVine to be so much more attractive than guys like Booker (who I am a fan of as well). 

• Like 2

On 10/15/2019 at 2:12 PM, the1gq2nvy said:

Trying to get the logic. So what you’re saying is if lou averages 25 points and 46%fg then he’s about same as lavine? 

Edited by Pirate
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, thezing1 said:

I am speaking for 8 cat here...LaVine just looks to be in one of those spots where everything is in place for him. Knee fully recovered. He has mentioned he got more explosive with that rehab. Now we see him fully recovered from that injury. He has the keys to that offense. I get the idea that WCJ, Otto, Lauri are nice young pieces, but Lauri is the only one that should be getting a lot of shots every night. Aside from LaVine, no one can consistently generate their own offense. He got paid. The franchise staked a flag with him. Tomas impact isn't really all that concerning to me. The ball is going to be in LaVine's hands a lot. That is half the battle. If healthy, he is going to be a monster.

To me, he reminds me a lot of Tracy McGrady. I remember Tracy being able to get his shot anytime anywhere because he could just rise up over a defender. Not staying it was a good shot, but it was a shot. LaVine has that ability and in his development just settled too often for rising up off balance for long 2s/3s. I think people overlook how much development was lost to the injury on the court. He was a bench player before he got the chance to start and then the injury. I think we will see his game evolve and he probably has a line like Kobe's age 23 season with more 3s. That year Kobe was ranked 12 in 8 cat. I don't even think it is all that bold. When I see how drafts play out and all of that stuff I just find the value proposition with LaVine to be so much more attractive than guys like Booker (who I am a fan of as well). 

My heart breaks everytime I see McGrady's name somewhere. Favorite player of all time, but please don't curse this man lol. 

LaVine = 100 percent bill of health.

i got this guy in the 5th round (49th overall) of my 10-teamer, and barring an injury setback, i think he will be closer to a 2nd-3rd rounder 

i duno about comparing him to young kobe lol, but he should be fun to own as long as he’s playing 

Great all around line last night.  The huge PTS and 3PM games will be coming.  If he can keep-up these types of AST/REB/STL #'s, then LaVine's in for a big fantasy year.

14 minutes ago, KingDURANTULA said:

Lavine gonna crush ADP for sure

It's crazy he's ranked so low when he could easily average 25/4/5. Compared to Booker or even worse Tatum whose ranked in the 20/30's I just didn't get it besides maybe injury risk with Lavine. 

28 minutes ago, McWinface said:

Somehow got him in the 5th round - he's a sell high candidate because of the injury history imo.

You’re account is a sell low candidate cause of these bad takes