Espoiral

Kent Bazemore 2019-2020 Outlook

Coming off a down year being benched on the Atlanta Hawks in favour of the youth movement, Baze comes to Portland as part of a rejuvenation of the Portland wing rotation.

I think he's poised for a bounce back year - he should be starting at the 3 over Hood (who's better off the bench as a scorer), Hezonja, and definitely Little. One of my favourite late-round picks for upside top-100 value. Threes, slight scoring, defensive stats.

• Thanks 1

Not maybe favourite, but should be good pick after 10th round.

Eh... Just shrugging my shoulders. If the minutes are there, fantasy value will be there for the dude.

Honestly don’t know why Bazemore isn’t entrenched as the starter. He’s a perfect fit at SF for his defense. And Hood is perfect for the 2nd unit as a spark plug with Simons.

You guys already know he’s Lord Covington-lite with his stocks, some 3s, and poor FG%. I’m picking him up with a good possibility that he starts and plays about 28 mpg.

Rotoworld made a baseless report that Baze fell behind Hood, but there’s no report out there of such.

12 hours ago, TonyRomo said:

Honestly don’t know why Bazemore isn’t entrenched as the starter. He’s a perfect fit at SF for his defense. And Hood is perfect for the 2nd unit as a spark plug with Simons.

You guys already know he’s Lord Covington-lite with his stocks, some 3s, and poor FG%. I’m picking him up with a good possibility that he starts and plays about 28 mpg.

Rotoworld made a baseless report that Baze fell behind Hood, but there’s no report out there of such.

Because Hood has started every single game over Baze in preseason?

Edited by blob2004
  • Like 2

He's free in my league.

Tough choices. 

Can he average more than 2.5 stocks this year? 

Just now, mtx said:

He's free in my league.

Tough choices. 

Can he average more than 2.5 stocks this year? 

Image result for no bugs bunny gif

was top 65 overall 9 cat first 3 months of last season.

1.7 steals 0.8 blks in 35 starts last year. 

He’s easily the most underrated player in fantasy. Every year the so-called “experts” denounce him, and every year he proves us wrong. If you don’t scoop him off the waiver wire, you will forget it. Rodney Hood? More like Rodney who?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, superjew said:

He’s easily the most underrated player in fantasy. Every year the so-called “experts” denounce him, and every year he proves us wrong. If you don’t scoop him off the waiver wire, you will forget it. Rodney Hood? More like Rodney who?

Back to rally the Baze faithful once again i see. The bandwagon came to a screeching halt last year... hopefully Portland treats him better than the Hawks

23 minutes ago, chaiway said:

Back to rally the Baze faithful once again i see. The bandwagon came to a screeching halt last year... hopefully Portland treats him better than the Hawks

No offense towards Atlanta because I like what they're building and how they're treating the young players, but Portland has a real team. He won't see nearly the same amount of minutes. He won't be as limited as his time with Golden State, but it will be close.

21 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

No offense towards Atlanta because I like what they're building and how they're treating the young players, but Portland has a real team. He won't see nearly the same amount of minutes. He won't be as limited as his time with Golden State, but it will be close.

The 3/4/5 is really thin in Portland:

3- Hood/Hezonja

4- Zach Collins / some other dudes (Tolliver/Labissiere)

5 - Whiteside

I can see Baze playing substantial time at the 3 with both Hood and Hezonja spending time at the 4 and Zach playing more time at the 5

I’m telling ya....if Baze gets 25-30 mpg

he’ll be winning people a lot of matchups.

dude was Top-75 for a long time last season before ATL decided to give the kids some run. 

I love seeing him on a team now that has 2 “elite” shooters in CJ and Dame, meaning Bazemore can slide back into being a 3rd-4th option on offense, and can focus more on the defensive side of things, where he excels.

It might not look great on paper, in fact, it probably won’t, but he’ll likely bring you: 

1.5 3PM, 1.5 SPG, 0.7 BPG, 1.3 T/O

which is a great guy to have at the end of your bench. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, CORTEz said:

It might not look great on paper, in fact, it probably won’t, but he’ll likely bring you: 

1.5 3PM, 1.5 SPG, 0.7 BPG, 1.3 T/O

which is a great guy to have at the end of your bench. 

This looks great on paper to me. I'm hoping he can provide those stats this season.

Would you guys rather roster Bazemore or take a chance on Thybulle? Obviously it depends a bit on your build, but the better overall combination of upside and contributions?

12 minutes ago, cbsholy said:

Would you guys rather roster Bazemore or take a chance on Thybulle? Obviously it depends a bit on your build, but the better overall combination of upside and contributions?

Bazemore 7 days a week.

Tonight's the most exciting night in all of fantasy basketball: Bazemore's regular season debut!

You thought VanFleet was good? You thought Danny Green surprised? You thought Lou Williams played out of his mind? Just you wait until Bazemore plays tonight!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

realistic playing time though? Did we get any indication from the coach?

Edited by atlantadynasty

3 minutes ago, atlantadynasty said:

realistic playing time though? Did we get any indication from the coach?

At least 30 minutes a game.

I thought Hood had passed him pretty clearly and Hezonja was on the rise.  Those two factors made me ignore him this year, but he's still available in all of my leagues.  He's one I am watching for sure, but I didn't get a good indication that he was in for enough minutes to get the numbers.  

Baze should probably be starting on this team. He's better and more versatile than Hood and Hezonja. 

1 hour ago, Highlander23 said:

I thought Hood had passed him pretty clearly and Hezonja was on the rise.  Those two factors made me ignore him this year, but he's still available in all of my leagues.  He's one I am watching for sure, but I didn't get a good indication that he was in for enough minutes to get the numbers.  

Problem with watching is everyone else is too. By the time you go to grab him he might already be gone. Don't let others beat you to a guaranteed fantasy victory! RUN DONT WALK!

• Like 1

Loved Bazemore last season and moved him and ended up selling high in a package deal (can’t remember who I got though). Was thinking about picking him up now that I saw he was available. But is someone like Gary Harris or TJ Warren a drop for Lord Baze? I’m not entirely sold he will repeat his first few months last season but if he gets me 1.5 steals a game, it’s worth it for me

12 minutes ago, andy1234 said:

Loved Bazemore last season and moved him and ended up selling high in a package deal (can’t remember who I got though). Was thinking about picking him up now that I saw he was available. But is someone like Gary Harris or TJ Warren a drop for Lord Baze? I’m not entirely sold he will repeat his first few months last season but if he gets me 1.5 steals a game, it’s worth it for me

I love the Baze god...but no...hellll no....keep Warren and Harris!