Espoiral

Kent Bazemore 2019-2020 Outlook

Yeah I love Baze too but no way I drop Gary Harris or Warren for him at this point.

I have to drop someone and am debating between Baze and Barton who I have as a Harris cuff.

1 hour ago, IDatDude said:

I love the Baze god...but no...hellll no....keep Warren and Harris!

That’s why I thought. Only other possible drop I have is McGee, but I think he’s going to win the starting 5 job or at least, play the most minutes between Dwight and him.

I drafted Baze in a deep league as a cheap source of steals and reasonable BLK from a G/F. Also positional flexibility.

If he can get 24+ mins per game I am confident he will carve out enough value this year, but we're talking about a late round pick here. Let's be reasonable.

Still on my WW... My whole roster is playing tonight, so I'd like to see how they do the first few games! Hopefully BAZE does well with a better team in front of him!

54 minutes ago, markdash said:

I drafted Baze in a deep league as a cheap source of steals and reasonable BLK from a G/F. Also positional flexibility.

If he can get 24+ mins per game I am confident he will carve out enough value this year, but we're talking about a late round pick here. Let's be reasonable.

Better pick, Baze or Harkless? 

Just now, seeL said:

I'm bearish on Harkless (last night's results notwithstanding) because when George comes back I expect him to have his minutes reduced significantly. I would be surprised if Harkless averaged more minutes than Baze this year

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, seeL said:

Short term: Harkless. As long as PG is out he should get all the run he can handle, and he has shown in the past he can be a viable glue guy with enough minutes (especially in roto). 

ROS: Bazemore.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KingDURANTULA said:

Might take a flier on him next week w/ Collins going down, could see more usage

Def saw more minutes last night (5 min) dont know about more usage tho, hardly gets the ball with dame, mcollum, hood on the floor. Baze is what he is tho ping pong stats with couple stocks just dont know what you're gonna get each night.

Kind of thin with talent in my 14 teamer league. But would you guys consider burning a #1 priority waiver on him? I would really want to keep the prio until playoffs though.

From the past I know he is inconsistent but hey my worst player in there is Bjelica or T.Ross. I'm thinking Baze' floor is better than those two ROS

22 minutes ago, Extra_Rice said:

Kind of thin with talent in my 14 teamer league. But would you guys consider burning a #1 priority waiver on him? I would really want to keep the prio until playoffs though.

From the past I know he is inconsistent but hey my worst player in there is Bjelica or T.Ross. I'm thinking Baze' floor is better than those two ROS

I drafted Baze in a 16 teamer and I like him this year, but I don't think I would burn the #1 priority for him. High floor but low ceiling, and the #1 priority might be able to get you a very capable player in case of an injury somewhere in the league.

With Hood going down, I think he’s gonna be a sneaky good pickup for this coming week at least since the Blazers play 4 games. Hood is a notoriously slow healer and if not starting, he’ll at the very least get a little more opportunity to produce.

Edited by m1dday

Wouldnt be surprised if the Blazers use Baze's expiring contract to bring in a big man.

I’m not a doctor but I’ve torn my acl, meniscus, and broke my arm playing ball for my high school ball team so I know injuries when I see them. There’s a good chance Rodney hood just tore his Achilles. Bazemore time. 

• Like 1