23_gaby_23

Best Combo Pick after Pick #8

Hi all,

For me, The first 8 Pick are more « valuable » than the next 4 picks...(12 teams league)

For you,

Which combo (1st & 2nd Pick) are u target or the worst.. And why?

What do you about this following combo:

Drummond + LeBron 

Doncic + Trae Young

Leonard + Embiid 

In my league reluctantly, I did Vucevic/Kemba. I didn't have the opportunity to do the other elite combo pairings. On the turn, someone did Kyrie/PG13. I want to see how that will turn out.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

In my league reluctantly, I did Vucevic/Kemba. I didn't have the opportunity to do the other elite combo pairings. On the turn, someone did Kyrie/PG13. I want to see how that will turn out.

Pretty sure the Kyrie George pairing will not go well.

• Like 1

I got Beal & Young in an 8cat league. Was lucky to get Capela and Mitch Rob in rounds 3 and 4 so my team looks pretty balanced. 

• Like 1

$200 H2H 9 cat league I did Beal/Gobert at 8/17.  The decision was based mostly on that Beal played 82 games last year and the Jazz have the best playoff schedule.  In terms of counting stats I’m skeptical about those two there.  I then got Capela and MitchRob my next two picks which pushed me into punt  FT/points.  

Finally, immediately after the draft I traded Beal plus two drops for Draymond, Lowry, Teague bc they were a better fit for my team.  

I wouldn’t draft this team in auction. Imo don’t play H2H or snake for large buy ins unless you know what your pick is prior to the draft and pick trading is authorized. The only reason why I did it was because it was an early draft that didn’t conflict with other drafts. 

• Like 1

I don't think that pairs Drummond/Le Bron and Kawhi/Embiid are available. They all will be drafted before 17th pick.

13 minutes ago, apatas said:

I don't think that pairs Drummond/Le Bron and Kawhi/Embiid are available. They all will be drafted before 17th pick.

LeBron/Drummond might be 

In 12man leagues after #8 i would look for Drummond/Butler on the turn.

Immediately thr next round you can search for assists and 3s with the next 2 picks.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, StifleTower2 said:

$200 H2H 9 cat league I did Beal/Gobert at 8/17.  The decision was based mostly on that Beal played 82 games last year and the Jazz have the best playoff schedule.  In terms of counting stats I’m skeptical about those two there.  I then got Capela and MitchRob my next two picks which pushed me into punt  FT/points.  

Finally, immediately after the draft I traded Beal plus two drops for Draymond, Lowry, Teague bc they were a better fit for my team.  

I wouldn’t draft this team in auction. Imo don’t play H2H or snake for large buy ins unless you know what your pick is prior to the draft and pick trading is authorized. The only reason why I did it was because it was an early draft that didn’t conflict with other drafts. 

You got those three basically just for beal?

Edited by Pirate
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Pirate said:

You got those three basically just for beal?

Yeah we haggled about it and I gave up Beverley, Danny green.  So Beal, Beverley, Green for Draymond, Lowry, Teague.  I’m punting points/FT so I think it was a good deal.

Edited by StifleTower2

Many thanks for your feedback...

Could u give me some worst & best combo?

3 hours ago, StifleTower2 said:

LeBron/Drummond might be 

The best or just a good combo with around 8-9 Pick with 12 teams?

Just now, 23_gaby_23 said:

Many thanks for your feedback...

Could u give me some worst & best combo?

Best combo imo is LeBron and Drummond or maybe Drummond/Stifle if it’s H2H due to Stifle’s playoff schedule.  

The worst combo is way too speculative because there are many ways to build a bad team and few ways to build a good one. The worst I’ve seen is using a first round pick, even a late one, or an early second on MitchRob.  

34 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

Best combo imo is LeBron and Drummond or maybe Drummond/Stifle if it’s H2H due to Stifle’s playoff schedule.  

The worst combo is way too speculative because there are many ways to build a bad team and few ways to build a good one. The worst I’ve seen is using a first round pick, even a late one, or an early second on MitchRob.  

I like Gobert too..I am french and he is the best center that we never had...

I missed him last time when he went in France after his mondial for the « My first team » show....No Selfie!!!My big regrets!!..

Are u french?

2 minutes ago, 23_gaby_23 said:

I like Gobert too..I am french and he is the best center that we never had...

I missed him last time when he went in France after his mondial for the « My first team » show....No Selfie!!!My big regrets!!..

Are u french?

Well I was born in the U.S. but my family emigrated from France to convert to Mormonism, then subsequently ditched the Mormon church once they found out what it was, believe it or not.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, StifleTower2 said:

Yeah we haggled about it and I gave up Beverley, Danny green.  So Beal, Beverley, Green for Draymond, Lowry, Teague.  I’m punting points/FT so I think it was a good deal.

Wow. Great trade for you regardless. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, j3rkthenurk said:

Definitely not a competitive league then.

Not necessarily. KAT can easily fall to 8 or lower in any league this year.

Harden

Westbrook

Giannis

AD

Jokic

Lebron

Steph

Beal

Theres 8 right there that can go before him and nobody would bat an eye. The top tier this year are pretty close together

1 minute ago, Dominator83 said:

Harden

Westbrook

Giannis

AD

Jokic

Lebron

Steph

Beal

Theres 8 right there that can go before him and nobody would bat an eye. The top tier this year are pretty close together

In what sort of league is Westbrook a top five player?  He’s barely even that in a points league.  Let alone LeBron and Beal. 

• Haha 5

4 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

In what sort of league is Westbrook a top five player?  He’s barely even that in a points league.  Let alone LeBron and Beal. 

Yea i probably should've clarified that i play in counting stats leagues, not category. For the last 3-4 years, Harden/westbrook have gone #1 and #2, and they were absolutely the right picks. This year, maybe westbrook falls a couple spots, but it wont be far.

4 hours ago, Dominator83 said:

Harden

Westbrook

Giannis

AD

Jokic

Lebron

Steph

Beal

Top 5 should be Harden, Giannis, AD, Curry and Towns (In any order based on what you punt). Anyone else should be after the top 5, Getting KAT at number 8 is a joke.

• Thanks 3

They picked Jokic, LBJ, Dame and Embiid before KAT. For a $100 league I was just jumping out of my chair when the 7th pick was choosing between KAT and Dame. 

Just my luck that there is a LBJ fanboy in our league