23_gaby_23

Best Combo Pick after Pick #8

At 12th In $100 9 cat roto I went drummond/gobert. I wanted to try that pairing. Intent after picking those two was not to draft any sub 15pt scorers. Punted assists n ft. I’ll let ya’s know how it goes. 

Edited by Pirate
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Pirate said:

At 12th In $100 9 cat roto I went drummond/gobert. I wanted to try that pairing. Intent after picking those two was not to draft any sub 15pt scorers. Punted assists n ft. I’ll let ya’s know how it goes. 

Interesting build. I tried that too and didn't end up too well. You have to be very careful about your PTS & 3s. Let us know how it goes. 

• Like 1

I had the #9 pick in a 16 team H2H League

I went with LBJ at 9 and Ben Simmons at 23.  Gives me solid FG%, Points, Rebounds, Assists and Steals with decent Blocks.  From there I went to a punt FT build and built up my 3’s in later rounds.

Picked 12/13. Went with Gobert/Drummond, double punt ft and assists.  Kawhi was available.

Points is very boom/bust cat for me. I need guys like Shai, John Collins , Miles Bridges and Buddy Hield to meet expectations for this year. 

But when you're picking that late, going with convention and picking a "balanced" team is unlikely to work because the teams at the top of the draft are doing the same ( with better options available to them).

Edited by justaguy
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, justaguy said:

Picked 12/13. Went with Gobert/Drummond, double punt ft and assists.  Kawhi was available.

Points is very boom/bust cat for me. I need guys like Shai, John Collins , Miles Bridges and Buddy Hield to meet expectations for this year. 

But when you're picking that late, going with convention and picking a "balanced" team is unlikely to work because the teams at the top of the draft are doing the same ( with better options available to them).

Which picks did you follow up w/ in the next rounds? 

You just take the best player available. Always. Until you happen to be loading up on too much of the same position. Imo. 

11 minutes ago, KingDURANTULA said:

Which picks did you follow up w/ in the next rounds? 

1) Drummond 

2)Gobert

3) Buddy Hield

4) John Collins

5) Shai

6) Bam Adebayo

7) Lou Will

8 ) Miles Bridges

9 ) Matisse Thybulle (one other guy in my league was targeting him so I had to reach)

10 ) Zach Collins

11) Dwight Howard 

12) Joe Harris

13) Dwayne Bacon

I'm pretty heavy on the bigs. I'm thinking of either trading or dropping Howard after assessing his value. There are much needed scorers like Garland and Marcus Morris on the WW. 

I think I'm near bullet proof in FG%, blocks, boards and TOs

50/50 on steals, points and 3PM

Punting FT% and assists 

It's a 9-cat league, so I just need to hold down my strengths and pick up one of the 50/50 cats each week to go 5-4 or 6-3.

Picking 12th sucks this year with so many injuries, I had to get creative. It's likely I'll move one of Collins or Bam to really shore up Points, if my guys don't score the way I'm hoping they do.

Edited by justaguy