Sign in to follow this  
Trench Mob

Ricky Rubio 2019-2020 Outlook

20 minutes ago, PaddyAustralia said:

you only in a 2 team league my man?

Ya man I only do 2 team leagues 

Wow, the Rubio of this season is really killing it. Good TO-Assist ratio, high FG%, more consistent threes.

Where's the TO drain guy? 

Dude is a stud this year. Gonna win a lot of leagues.

I loved watching him when he was in Minn. Even though the wolves mostly sucked while he was there, he made games fun to watch.

We should have traded Thibs, not Rubio.

He sees the floor and anticipates what an opponent is going to do.

Rarely screws up a fast break. 

Can get exposed by a quicker player on def.

Rebounds well for a guard.

Makes everyone around him better in my opinion, even if his outside shooting is suspect.

If it's a nitpick, those steals have been lacking lately. Another flunky situation. Those should start pouring in at a high clip.

2 hours ago, ItzJaBoiSam said:

This is the most putrid game from him ever, but he's still a stud. He will bounce back.

Ah have you owned Rubio before? These sort of lines are not uncommon. 

Just now, flat_eric said:

Huh? He have been a stud and exceed expectations all season so far. He aggravated his back tonight. He’ll probably be out a few games and once he is healthy again, I can see he will go back to being a stud again. Booker might be the face of the franchise but that team only go so far as Rubio takes them. 

• Like 1

Did this have anything to do with the back issue? Also, I'm assuming one turrrible game doesn't yet constitute a buy low opportunity?

10 hours ago, ItzJaBoiSam said:

This is the most putrid game from him ever, but he's still a stud. He will bounce back.

7 hours ago, flat_eric said:

7 hours ago, brickcitymamba said:

Did this have anything to do with the back issue? Also, I'm assuming one turrrible game doesn't yet constitute a buy low opportunity?

This was not close to a typical performance. 100% this was due to the back issue. He didn’t play the second half because of it.

Hopefully he sits out a few games to get right.

12 hours ago, ginocan said:

Huh? He have been a stud and exceed expectations all season so far. He aggravated his back tonight. He’ll probably be out a few games and once he is healthy again, I can see he will go back to being a stud again. Booker might be the face of the franchise but that team only go so far as Rubio takes them. 

4 hours ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

This was not close to a typical performance. 100% this was due to the back issue. He didn’t play the second half because of it.

Hopefully he sits out a few games to get right.

I didn't say it was a typical performance. But in the context of his CAREER (not a 13 game sample size), complete duds where he can't make a shot are not uncommon, and neither are persistent niggling injuries for that matter.

46 minutes ago, flat_eric said:

I didn't say it was a typical performance. But in the context of his CAREER (not a 13 game sample size), complete duds where he can't make a shot are not uncommon, and neither are persistent niggling injuries for that matter.

Yes there are the Rubio duds he is prone to have from time to time where he shoots horrifically. And yes he has had injuries before. But this was not a normal Rubio dud because he clearly wasn’t healthy and only played the first half.

So we can give him a pass for what I would call a performance from an injured guy who shouldn’t have been out there in the first place.

1 minute ago, Trench Mob said:

Not a huge surprise. Expecting him to miss this game and at least the front end of the B2B.

45 minutes ago, RLDN106 said:

Not a huge surprise. Expecting him to miss this game and at least the front end of the B2B.

He can't make up his mind lol.

I hope he sits.