zass17

Darius Garland 2019-2020 Outlook

I've been holding, with guys like Barton, Barnes, Heurter, House, Troy Brown, on WW hopefully I don't regret it. When I do finally drop him he'll explode. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

He is exactly the type of guy my waiver wire hawking self is going to get impatient with and drop, only for him to light it up the 2nd half ugh lol 

• Haha 1

I own this guy in a dynasty so I can't cut him.

Instead, I have to ride this out, suffer in silence and regret that I didn't take Brandon Clarke over him.

• Haha 2

This thread is the inner monologue of so so so many people...Sexton got dropped last year and I scooooooped, I will get your Garlund as well, he is dropped already in mine, just waiting for that breakout alert 😷

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, dfstout said:

This thread is the inner monologue of so so so many people...Sexton got dropped last year and I scooooooped, I will get your Garlund as well, he is dropped already in mine, just waiting for that breakout alert 😷

maybe it'll happen in december
(2020)

• Haha 1

I posted this in the waiver thread but figured I'd document on his player thread as well.

Listen, the guy has nearly unrivaled upside in first-year players. He's also been horrific to start the season. However, I was scouting him yesterday and noticed a couple of really solid indicators over his last two games:

- The distributor role is slowly headed his way (to the tune of two-straight 6 dime games)
- He's also gotten to the free throw line 8 times
- He's scored 12 or more points for 2 out of the 3 times he has all year
- He's exceeded 30 minutes in both games

Honestly, in terms of upside plays, this is the perfect guy who has massive upside and was likely dropped after being so slow and awful to start the year (which is to be expected when one misses almost all of their only college season). The arrow is pointing up, and in my opinion he's an add and hold especially with how Tristan and K-Love are playing on that team.

• Like 1

Give me all the Garland smoke! I made the mistake of dropping Sexton last year only for him to blow up 2nd half! Garland is a better real life and fantasy prospect than Sexton was and he will get all the run he can handle until he gets it right. Fresh off injury, lots of missed games, some struggle was to be expected. 

• Like 1

Why was his stats in college so underwhelming? Ast numbers weren't there either.

Could it be all a fluke? I like their coach though, their ball movement is impressive.

Edited by MysticPeak

7 minutes ago, MysticPeak said:

Why was his stats in college so underwhelming? Ast numbers weren't there either.

Could it be all a fluke? I like their coach though, their ball movement is impressive.

He played 5 games in college before getting injured. Small sample size

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1