blurred

2 NFBC-STYLE SLOW DRAFTS ($25 ENTRY) SETUP FOR 2020 - Fantrax

I've set up 2 NFBC-style 'Draft Champions' leagues with a $25 buy in, meaning there are 15 teams scoring in the standard 5x5 rotisserie categories, with a 1000 IP minimum for pitching categories.

There are no in-season transactions - no trading, no waiver wire, no add/drops. These are draft and hold leagues, with a slow draft taking place towards the end of this year. 

I've run a couple of these in each of the past few seasons and they're good fun, and also a good way to get in some early draft prep for your 2020 leagues - and who doesn't love a slow draft? 

League 1 begins drafting on 4th November - sign-up here

League 2 begins drafting on 2nd December - sign-up here

The time limit for each pick in the draft is 4 hours, with the clock paused overnight between 11pm and 7am EST (picks can still be made during this time).Drafts typically take around 3-4 weeks to complete, but as always this depends on the drafters in the room. 

Fantrax will randomise the draft order once the league is full, and draft will be in snake format.

Lineups are set weekly (Monday) and roster construction is 2 x C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, MI, CI, 5 x OF and 9 x P. Roster size is 50.

The entry fee is to be paid on Fantrax Treasurer upon sign-up, with prizes divided as follows:

1st place - $200
2nd place - $100
3rd place - $50
4th place - $25

First couple of signups confirmed for the November league, and 1 for December. Roll up, roll up. 

On 10/16/2019 at 5:15 AM, seamonkey said:

50 rounds is a lot of work for $25, consider upping it to $50?

League's already set up - I may do a $50 one closer to opening day, but these are cheap enough to have some skin in the game without feeling completely screwed over by spring training injuries, trades and the like. 

On 10/15/2019 at 11:15 PM, seamonkey said:

50 rounds is a lot of work for $25, consider upping it to $50?

I do a $50 league, same exact format as the ones blurred runs. here is link: https://www.fantrax.com/newui/fantasy/joinLeague.go?leagueId=svzye2sqk1imfiij&isSubmit=y

Ran a handful of leagues like this last couple years, 100% payout

Fun times

am also in both of blurred $25 leagues. Love me some draft and holds

I've also joined both of blurred's leagues and just signed up for yours

18 hours ago, sewerleague2020 said:

I do a $50 league, same exact format as the ones blurred runs. here is link: https://www.fantrax.com/newui/fantasy/joinLeague.go?leagueId=svzye2sqk1imfiij&isSubmit=y

Fun times

9 signups now for the November league - get onboard before we fill up. Draft starts a week on Monday.

On 10/21/2019 at 4:51 PM, sewerleague2020 said:

Fun times

When is the draft?  Keep this updated.............You need more than just a payment link.

Edited by dak
stupidity