Sign in to follow this  
squidthunder

Zeke - McCaffery deal (WHIR)

no deal - CMC owner won't move him unless he gets a 1st rounder in return + Zeke

22 hours ago, squidthunder said:

Alright  - time to counter back and hopefully get a deal done today. Any input, or advice would be awesome. I feel like this should be a 1-1 deal, but I would really like to add CMC to partner up with Dalvin and Chubb (with our league settings, it would mean having CMC for all of this year, and 2 more additional years)

Didnt you say CmC is in his last year of being kept?

17 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

Didnt you say CmC is in his last year of being kept?

Yes he is - same as Zeke for me. Owner is trying to sell high at his current production. I think he's going to ride it out like me and we'll probably talk again in the off season and get a deal done

Who would you be able to keep next season and what players are going to be available?? Hard to say no on the first round pick without knowing its value

3 minutes ago, squidthunder said:

Yes he is - same as Zeke for me. Owner is trying to sell high at his current production. I think he's going to ride it out like me and we'll probably talk again in the off season and get a deal done

Your league rules seem confusing. 

2 minutes ago, youngrice said:

Who would you be able to keep next season and what players are going to be available?? Hard to say no on the first round pick without knowing its value

Tough call regarding who will be available, as teams would have to select 4 keepers from their current squad.

As of right now, I only have 2 clear cut keepers for next year - Chubb and Cook

3 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

Your league rules seem confusing. 

We have 2 year max on keeping players (total of 4 keepers). I think it was designed so someone couldn't luck in to a mega-stud and then keep them for 4-5 straight years

Just now, squidthunder said:

We have 2 year max on keeping players (total of 4 keepers). I think it was designed so someone couldn't luck in to a mega-stud and then keep them for 4-5 straight years

So how would you get CmC for 2 more years after this? Unless I am reading it wrong.

1 minute ago, dmb3684 said:

So how would you get CmC for 2 more years after this? Unless I am reading it wrong.

So, if we did the Zeke for CMC trade, he would be on my roster for the ROS. We don't "list" our keepers until the start of the season, so that's when I would list him as a keeper going forward. That would give me him for this year and 2 more seasons. The guy getting Zeke would be in the same situation

1 minute ago, squidthunder said:

So, if we did the Zeke for CMC trade, he would be on my roster for the ROS. We don't "list" our keepers until the start of the season, so that's when I would list him as a keeper going forward. That would give me him for this year and 2 more seasons. The guy getting Zeke would be in the same situation

Yeah that is a bizarre rule. And you can trade in the offseason? 

Just now, dmb3684 said:

Yeah that is a bizarre rule. And you can trade in the offseason? 

You can trade before the season starts (up until the keeper deadline date). Usually commish re-starts the league, and there's a 3-4 week window for deals to happen before the keeper date.

We do this same setup for Baseball and Basketball pools as well

5 minutes ago, squidthunder said:

You can trade before the season starts (up until the keeper deadline date). Usually commish re-starts the league, and there's a 3-4 week window for deals to happen before the keeper date.

We do this same setup for Baseball and Basketball pools as well

So after the year is over, you 2 can swap CmC and Zeke and both get to keep them 2 more years? Doesnt everyone just do that with expiring keepers?

Just now, dmb3684 said:

So after the year is over, you 2 can swap CmC and Zeke and both get to keep them 2 more years? Doesnt everyone just do that with expiring keepers?

Yea - pretty much. It all depends on who has expiring keepers. The commish actually lists the current expiring guys on the main page so owners know ahead of time, if they want to do a deal.

I guess I'm also trying to get ahead of other owners who may put in an offer before potential off season deals

20 minutes ago, squidthunder said:

Tough call regarding who will be available, as teams would have to select 4 keepers from their current squad.

As of right now, I only have 2 clear cut keepers for next year - Chubb and Cook

Ok.  Just wasn't sure how many players are kept.  So overall the first round pick should be pretty valuable.   Honestly I would just wait it out a couple of weeks.  If he continues to lose he should be more receptive to making a deal.  Though if you can get him to go for Zeke and 2nd for CMC and a 3rd or 4th. I would take it.

2 minutes ago, youngrice said:

Ok.  Just wasn't sure how many players are kept.  So overall the first round pick should be pretty valuable.   Honestly I would just wait it out a couple of weeks.  If he continues to lose he should be more receptive to making a deal.  Though if you can get him to go for Zeke and 2nd for CMC and a 3rd or 4th. I would take it.

the best offer he mentioned was zeke and a 1 for cmc and a 3

Just now, squidthunder said:

the best offer he mentioned was zeke and a 1 for cmc and a 3

I would just throw out the Zeke and 2nd for CMC and 4th.  If he doesn't go for it.  Just wait it out.  Unless the Kamara owner is also in his final year.  He is not gonna get a better offer then a Top 4 RB and a 2nd.

Posted (edited)

Just do a 1 for 1 swap at the end of the year.

that or just do a 1 for 1 swap with the Kamara owner

Edited by bhawks489
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Just do a 1 for 1 swap at the end of the year.

that or just do a 1 for 1 swap with the Kamara owner

Kamara owner is expiring as well. There's options, for sure.

12 minutes ago, youngrice said:

I would just throw out the Zeke and 2nd for CMC and 4th.  If he doesn't go for it.  Just wait it out.  Unless the Kamara owner is also in his final year.  He is not gonna get a better offer then a Top 4 RB and a 2nd.

potential stud guys who are expiring: Kamara, Hopkins, CMC, Zeke, Julio

2 minutes ago, squidthunder said:

Kamara owner is expiring as well. There's options, for sure.

Just tell the cmc owner you have a deal setup with Kamara owner and unless he wants the 1-1 swap you’re going with Kamara. 

Start playing those mind games. 

43 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Just tell the cmc owner you have a deal setup with Kamara owner and unless he wants the 1-1 swap you’re going with Kamara. 

Start playing those mind games. 

Cold blooded... I like it

• Like 1