Flamez

Brandon Ingram 2019-2020 Outlook

Posted (edited)

I was looking around and I noticed that there is no updated forum for him this year. Obviously he’s coming off a crazy year .. getting traded and going through a blood clot injury but what’s ppl’s expectations on him this year? What kind of build would be right to draft him in?? 

IMO, he can definitely outplay his ADP of around 110-120. He’s in the right place with good ppl around him. 

Tell me if I’m tripping .. 15.8 ppg 6.7 rbs 2 asts 0.8 stls 0.8 blks. Shooting 48 percent from the field and 70 percent from the line with a three a game. 

Edited by Flamez

4 minutes ago, Flamez said:

I was looking around and I noticed that there is no updated forum for him this year. Obviously he’s coming off a crazy year .. getting traded and going through a blood clot injury but what’s ppl’s expectations on him this year? What kind of build would be right to draft him in?? 

If he is playing around 30 mins, I would expect a 15/5/3. 2017-18 numbers he was 16/5/4 in 33 mins so my projections would be similar to that. 

I would be drafting him in a punt blocks type of build. In Duke he had a 1.4 block season but hasn't got more than one block for any of the three seasons so far. His Free throws are quite average as well so he can also fit in a punt FT% type build. 

He will definitely be averaging more than 15-16 ppg. I'd put him around 21-24 ppg.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LuSamSiam said:

He will definitely be averaging more than 15-16 ppg. I'd put him around 21-24 ppg.

How do you figure? New Orleans' pace will be more favorable for him, but he still has to compete with Jrue, Zion, and Favors for touches

8 hours ago, LuSamSiam said:

Very very unlikely he averages 21-24.  That would mean he is leading the team in scoring or close to it.  He is not going to lead this team in scoring.  They have too many scoring options and he is at the very best the third option in the pecking order with two good veterans in Favors and Redick that I am sure will get their touches.

I honestly have never gotten Ingram's appeal in fantasy once it became known what he is.  Horrible free throw shooter and in volume which hurts more.  Doesn't provide steals.  Not a great rebounder.  Not a good three point shooter at all despite being compared to KD coming into the league.  So he scores and...? 

So unless he improves his FT% by a lot (maybe) and improves his stocks substantially (unlikely), I just don't get it.  So many better options to draft, particularly where he had been going the past few years.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

Very very unlikely he averages 21-24.  That would mean he is leading the team in scoring or close to it.  He is not going to lead this team in scoring.  They have too many scoring options and he is at the very best the third option in the pecking order with two good veterans in Favors and Redick that I am sure will get their touches.

I honestly have never gotten Ingram's appeal in fantasy once it became known what he is.  Horrible free throw shooter and in volume which hurts more.  Doesn't provide steals.  Not a great rebounder.  Not a good three point shooter at all despite being compared to KD coming into the league.  So he scores and...? 

So unless he improves his FT% by a lot (maybe) and improves his stocks substantially (unlikely), I just don't get it.  So many better options to draft, particularly where he had been going the past few years.

yup,I never understand why people hype him so much in fantasy,he never put up inside top 100 value in his career so far even playing big minutes(just like wiggins)spacer.png

13 hours ago, a-rob said:

Anyone who has more insight about his blood clot issue? Is that going to be a concern moving forward?

From my understanding, he's not at any more of a risk for clots now than a healthy person who has never had them before. His issue was structural not a genetic predisposition, so his issue is not really similar to Bosh's, for example, and should have been corrected with his successful thoracic outlet surgery.

Blood clots can arise for any number of reasons, but the fact that Ingram's came from a structural issue in his shoulder is incredibly reassuring because it essentially means that fixing the shoulder should correct the problem. Players like Chris Bosh and Mirza Teletovic have had to retire because of recurring blood clots, as they were more prone to clotting in general. This was confirmed by Ingram's agent, Jeff Schwartz, who also represented Teletovic, who spoke with McMenamin. "It's a night-and-day difference between a hematological issue, or a blood issue however you want to put it, and a structural issue," Schwartz told ESPN. "This was not related to his blood producing something that would cause blood clots. This was purely structural."

https://247sports.com/nba/los-angeles-lakers/Article/Brandon-Ingram-blood-clot-surgery-130188706/ 

From everything I've read the clots should be a non-factor for future Ingram discussions.

• Thanks 1

he is extremely underrated and a lot of people are guna regret not taking him this year..

i agree with whoever said he ends up closer to 20 ppg than 15 ppg .. if you take a look at his post-asb numbers, they were kd level. i won’t be surprised if he ends up a top 50 player. 

KD Level? Maybe after he tore his Achilles, then yes, Ingram was definitely on KD’s Level... 🙄

I think Ingram absolutely has the talent to become an All Star player and now should be the perfect time to break out in a young team where the pressure is on the shoulders of other players, if not this season then it probably never happens. 

fwiw I got him at the end of my bench with Pick 130 or so since it seems nobody in my league believes in him, I’ll give it another shot with no risk and if he failes then I just put him back to the waivers. Kinda hoping for a similar development like other former Lakers picks who broke out after they got traded (D’Angelo Russell, Thomas Bryant for example)

Edited by KB24MVP

1 hour ago, KB24MVP said:

KD Level? Maybe after he tore his Achilles, then yes, Ingram was definitely on KD’s Level... 🙄

I think Ingram absolutely has the talent to become an All Star player and now should be the perfect time to break out in a young team where the pressure is on the shoulders of other players, if not this season then it probably never happens. 

fwiw I got him at the end of my bench with Pick 130 or so since it seems nobody in my league believes in him, I’ll give it another shot with no risk and if he failes then I just put him back to the waivers. Kinda hoping for a similar development like other former Lakers picks who broke out after they got traded (D’Angelo Russell, Thomas Bryant for example)

albeit a small sample size he averaged:

27.8 ppg (53% FG)

1.5 3FGM

7.5 RPG

2.5 APG

post all-star break last year once he seemed to put it together.

so i duno what u goin on about, what i said is a str8 fact. 

not saying he’s going to be kd level, but he’s definitely had stretches where he looked elite. 

• Like 1

LOL Ingram will definitely be the highest scoring player on the Pels. Jrue will be 2nd, Zion 3rd. Derrick Favors? Man come on bro

I'm thinking like 22-6-3-1-0.7 with maybe 1.5 3's on 48/36/82

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Travis Burten said:

LOL Ingram will definitely be the highest scoring player on the Pels. Jrue will be 2nd, Zion 3rd. Derrick Favors? Man come on bro

I'm thinking like 22-6-3-1-0.7 with maybe 1.5 3's on 48/36/82

LOL ok it is safe to say he won't hit those FT numbers. You expect a Ingram to shoot 82% from the line even when he's never shot better than 68%? That's a huge difference.

He's only viable in punt FT.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, a-rob said:

82% FT?? LOL. This guy's career is heading towards Andrew Wiggins territory. Can't steal / block, hits a few 3s. kills you in %s.

50% FG last season

12 minutes ago, a-rob said:

yeah but I think it will drop back down this year without LBJ. poor ft% no stocks, has blood clot history. Even if you disregard the blood clot, he is still a liability like Wiggins.

In 16 straight games when Ingram played without LeBron, 19/6/4 on 51% FG. I do agree about stocks and FT% but he's fine in point leagues.

Edited by yeet

15 minutes ago, m1dday said:

1/1/1 by the half. Looking like a great late pick already.

I'm impressed as well. He's looking like a top 50 player right now.

• Thanks 1

he's going off. and most important stat so far. 4/4 ft baby

If he keeps this up with a few games, sounds like a sell high moment for me, especially with Zion out of the picture. If we were to follow the law of averages, his percentages, stocks and especially threes should normalize with his career averages. Makes me wonder what kind of player will Brandon Ingram fetch back in a trade?

1 hour ago, ThisIsSparta said:

If he keeps this up with a few games, sounds like a sell high moment for me, especially with Zion out of the picture. If we were to follow the law of averages, his percentages, stocks and especially threes should normalize with his career averages. Makes me wonder what kind of player will Brandon Ingram fetch back in a trade?

if you look at his numbers in the last three years. theres an upward trend to it. he's 21 years old. you can apply averages when he plateaus.

Edited by thrilla1nManila
  • Like 2

career averages? Lol you act like he’s a 30 year old player. He’s a budding all star

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hmm, let's see in the upcoming games. We see what happened to Wiggins. He has the chance to prove he's not another Wiggins in terms of stats.

should “normalize“?

he was 21 years old last year..

“normal” would be showing growth until he’s at least 24-25

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

BI bout to solidify himself as their go to guy (excluding Jrue)

5 minutes ago, L3onD said:

BI bout to solidify himself as their go to guy (excluding Jrue)

maybe before jrue.. jrue is a point guard, ingram is a str8 scorer. damn shame lakers kept kuzma over this guy.