Sign in to follow this  
UberRebel

Please Help Me Pick Keepers - WHIR

Posted (edited)

Hey guys. I'm in a 10 team, 7x7 league -- the two additional categories are BB, SLG (hitting) and L, BB (SV+H instead of SV)

RULES:

-Have to 3 hitters, 3 pitchers, and 3 hitter or pitcher. I've decided to go 6 hitters and 3 pitchers

-Each player gets kept at a specific round (see below)

-This is a keeper league but somewhat dynasty-ish, with 2 NA slots for prospects

-REMEMBER: BBs and SLG count so the big power sluggers who can draw walks are key. BA doesn't matter as much

I've bolded the ones I've kind of made up my mind on.

Please help me choose 2 other keepers or let me know if you disagree with my choices so far

Freddie Freeman (rd 3)

J.D. Martinez (rd 4)

Trevor Story (rd 5)

Joey Gallo (rd 10).  --> leaning towards him as hitter #5

Josh Donaldson (rd 8) --> good value but too old?

Wander Franco (rd 11)

Matt Chapman (rd 12) --> like him a lot but doesn't walk or hit HR like Sano/Gallo

Oscar Mercado (rd 22)

Will Smith (rd 22) --> love a power hitting C but I could probably get him back in draft

Rhys Hoskins (rd 14)

Miguel Sano (rd 22) --> leaning towards him as hitter #6

Willie Calhoun (rd 22)

Mike Clevinger (rd 4)

Aaron Nola (rd 13)

Lucas Giolito (rd 22)

Forrest Whitley (rd 18) --> might keep him and trade Giolito or Nola as part of a package

Yu Darvish (rd 15) 

Edited by UberRebel

I’d keep Sami and Gallo.

You got a great trio of arms and I would not trade any of your proven starters to replace with Whitley.

Tough Choices. Honestly I'd keep Darvish if your not completely set on only 3 pitchers. 

Hitting wise you have a lot of good values, but few that stand out as musts. But I think my top 2 are Gallo and Smith. 

gallo for sure

and then i like Sano.  i think he found it and is on a good offense

2 hours ago, charger_ss24 said:

I’d keep Sami and Gallo.

You got a great trio of arms and I would not trade any of your proven starters to replace with Whitley.

That should read Sano and Gallo.

I think Wander Franco is a bit aggressive. I'd leave him for the draft. I like Hoskins to bounce back, LOVE Chapman and I might go Will Smith too. Good luck. 

2 hours ago, nittanychris said:

I think Wander Franco is a bit aggressive. I'd leave him for the draft. I like Hoskins to bounce back, LOVE Chapman and I might go Will Smith too. Good luck. 

Thanks for the advice. I too like Chapman and Smith. Hoskins I am for sure targeting in the draft next year. His fundamentals (K%, BB%) are too good for him to be this bad another year. Tough choices.

Our league just became a dynasty league this year. The league also counts BBs so I’ve made up my mind before this past season that I’d go all out for Wander Franco and build my franchise around him.

So is Wander Franco a lifetime round 11 pick?  Or does the round change from year to year..  I dont see how you can give up on Hoskins in Round 14 after a down year.  Guy was a top 5 player heading into 2019.  WAY too early to give up on him, especially with a Round 14 pricetag.  My 2nd choice would be Gallo.  Especially with your format where AVG doenst matter much, take the guy with the most power and that is Gallo.

Hoskins - Round 12

Gallo - Round 10

And there really isn't anyone else close IMO.