brickcitymamba

Justise Winslow 2019-2020 Outlook

I have to admit, once again a thread created more out of a lack of knowledge rather than having any. Winslow has an interesting profile as he can play the point and play at forward (If I understand correctly), and the Heat's roster and backcourt has changed a fair bit. Is there any value to be found here? Butler is bound to dominate but will there be any leftovers or is any value diminished by Waiters and Dragić?

He's the most versatile player on the Heat. Can play all 5 positions in small ball packages. Excellent defender and a good distributor. He better play the bulk of point guard minutes because Dragic is dodo. I'm happy for him because for a second I thought that nagging wrist injury from a few years ago would've stopped his trajectory.

As far as fantasy, he can provide good enough assist, same as rebounds. He can rack up good amount of peripherals ( more on the steals side ). But if he goes to the free throw line alot, it can be detrimental. Double as far as his FG% goes. If you don't build your team right, his FT% and FG% will tank you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Winslow is best suited if youre punting some cats IMO. I'd target him in a PTS/FT/3s type of build, plus I assume he will have some positional flexibility that will up his value. 

Edited by taenggg
  • Like 1

I think it should be noted that he barely gets to the line as it is. I can understand the sentiment for sure. I personally won't worry about it because I think the impact is small. I can get why others would disagree.

• Like 1

I just don't see enough USG here.

Honestly I wouldn't roster anyone playing on the same team as Jimmy.

15/5/5 1.5/1.5 45+% is a possibility. basically his 2nd half numbers last season. a nice punt ft fit for late dimes and stocks

I wouldn't worry about jimmy g that much.

Edited by colepenhagen

He's the ideal target for these punt FT/PTS type teams. I love getting him in auction for free after I pair Gobert/Drummond and hit the double punt. Guys like Winslow, Lonzo, Rondo, SloMo can round out your team for cheap when you go with a stars and scrubs approach in this build (though I guess Lonzo is hardly a fantasy scrub, but point still stands)

On 10/9/2019 at 7:27 AM, rncnomics said:

I just don't see enough USG here.

Honestly I wouldn't roster anyone playing on the same team as Jimmy.

By that logic, Joel Embiid, Ben Simmons and Tobias Harris werent rosterable when he was in Philly. That makes no sense bruh.

Still thinking of rostering him in roto, with a frontcourt-heavy build helping soften the FG% blow the boards and dimes look intriguing for the SF position.

• Like 1

I also picked him with one of my last picks, let’s see if he can produce something aside Jimmy. Also have Bam in my team so I’m a Heat fan this year lol

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ill ark said:

PG eligibility removed for this season, any chance it can be granted back?

Wondering the same thing. Not getting my hopes up for PG, but he should at least get SF back. 

• Like 1

He just played 37 minutes and dropped 27/7/7/1/1, so yes. Of course his numbers wont be that high with Jimmy on the floor but he will remain the starting PG and something like 15/5/5 is not that unlikely.

• Like 1

Really curious how he and Bam will be playing when Jimmy returns 

5 hours ago, KB24MVP said:

I have Bam and i am excited. Jimmy, Justise and Bam can be a deadly trip as they all defend well and can share the ball

20 hours ago, KB24MVP said:

Just hope that Jimmy isn't the one variable that screws this all up for Winslow. Hopefully it's a true breakout, Jimmy Buckets be damned.

6 minutes ago, Nazyef said:

Thoughts on the first half with Butler back? 

Adebayo is probably going to get more looks. Haven't seen many open kickouts from butler they're both being aggressive, score first mentality so far. Doesn't fare well for Winslow or nunn... Butler adebayo might eat up all the looks? Considering my heavy nunn stock i hope not. They're not really playing team ball at that much. 

Edited by johnval1362

No surprise Jimmy back and Winslow terrible. Dropping him off TJ Warren and Barton for TT