Sign in to follow this  
sjm76

Mark Walton 2019 Outlook

I know it's the Dolphins but Walton looks to have passed Kalen Ballage on the Dolphins rb depth chart after Ballage dropped yet another pass in the game before the bye.  With Kenyan Drake certain to leave after the season, I can see Walton getting a lot more opportunities in the coming games.  I think he's worth a bench stash in deeper leagues.

• Like 1

I'm glad someone had the cajones to start this thread.

You have to think at SOME point Walton has the starting job.

• Like 1

He's looked so bad every time he's gotten any opportunity. I don't understand what anyone sees in him anymore. 

26 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

He's looked so bad every time he's gotten any opportunity. I don't understand what anyone sees in him anymore. 

I see a huge opportunity on a bye week where all RBs are gone and I’m shallow at the position. Hard to find a possible 10 touches in the position I’m in. And he can catch the ball which is needed in this offense. Not hyping dude by any means but I see an opportunity for touches.

I think there is opportunity there in miami for someone to emerge.. but so far they haven't been able to get any back double digit touches on the reg.... they could get 10 plus this weekend in a complete crap show of whose team is worse... but I think if they wanna trade drake they give him Carries and if he gets 15 to 20 hes gonna have the job till traded...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hard1 said:

I think there is opportunity there in miami for someone to emerge.. but so far they haven't been able to get any back double digit touches on the reg.... they could get 10 plus this weekend in a complete crap show of whose team is worse... but I think if they wanna trade drake they give him Carries and if he gets 15 to 20 hes gonna have the job till traded...

In a week lacking any real waiver pickups outside of shallow leagues, I see a lot of potential here ROS. I’m not talking RB2+ numbers as I don’t see that possible on the phins w any running back. But this is a more legitimate version of when there was talk of ballage being the guy after a drake trade. Low risk, capped ceiling type of waiver. I just hope for a few points from a bye week fill in as I’m sure nobody agrees w me 😂

• Like 1

Nice, possible starting RB sitting out there under the radar for free?  

(checks Dolphins RB box scores)

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

i picked him up lol if he catches a crap load of dump offs with some yards he could be flexxxyyy/rb2

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ThePerfectBeard said:

I can't see any Miami running back doing that well right now.

s--- can turn around after a bye....im not saying they are going to be road warriors...but it could happen and the last thing u want is to miss out on any possible useful production

If you want to stash someone because you think Drake is going to get dealt, stash Laird. He's a Christian McCaffrey level pass catcher out of the backfield. He's not nearly the RB CMC is, obviously, but he is an elite pass catcher. 

• Haha 3

I'm really intrigued to see where the Dolphins are after the bye.  I feel like the Bye week was perfectly placed for them.  New coach, new system, new quarterbacks and a really young team.  Just got their butts spanked from Week 1 on.  I could honestly see this group getting their collective heads out of their asses and potentially start being more competitive.  Starts with Rosen, get a decent run game going with Drake/Walton, you have Albert Wilson back in the slot, and you have two really talented big guys.....honestly...what is stopping this offense from potentially flashing....the O-Line?  Oh yeah. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

I'm really intrigued to see where the Dolphins are after the bye.  I feel like the Bye week was perfectly placed for them.  New coach, new system, new quarterbacks and a really young team.  Just got their butts spanked from Week 1 on.  I could honestly see this group getting their collective heads out of their asses and potentially start being more competitive.  Starts with Rosen, get a decent run game going with Drake/Walton, you have Albert Wilson back in the slot, and you have two really talented big guys.....honestly...what is stopping this offense from potentially flashing....the O-Line?  Oh yeah. 

The OLine will make you and the OLine will break you.

And the fact that they are obviously tanking doesn't help. 

1 minute ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

The OLine will make you and the OLine will break you.

And the fact that they are obviously tanking doesn't help. 

is it really that bad? lol

I honestly don't know how bad the O-Line is.  Looking at the fantasy landscape.  If the Miami Dolphins start getting competitive - there could be some nice nuggets of gold found in the lineup.  I assume Drake is the only player that is universally owned for the most part followed by Preston and Parker.  I think that Wilson is the WR to own.  Gesicki could become really intriguing down the stretch.  The RB situation might just be a mess for the time being.  I am looking at the receiving corp for some easy panning. 

Posted (edited)

Does anyone have any logical insight into this guys upside if any lol / pedigree if any or if he has a pro comparison you can think of. I haven't seen one snap of him looking for some insight as I took a flier on him for the hell of it in a deep league I'm in. I see the OC has been complimentary of him 

Edited by NyZD

4 minutes ago, NyZD said:

Does anyone have any logical insight into this guys upside if any lol / pedigree if any or if he has a pro comparison you can think of. I haven't seen one snap of him looking for some insight as I took a flier on him for the hell of it in a deep league I'm in. I see the OC has been complimentary of him 

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, NyZD said:

His combine profile compares him to James white for whatever that’s worth. Mediocre combine numbers. I haven’t seen any tape since he came out of college. I remember a little amount of hype when he was in cincy at one point. Obviously, it was short lived. Now he’s home which is where he always wanted to be since his high school days from what I’ve read. Probably something to do w family and both of his parents passing away. 

38 minutes ago, NyZD said:

There was draft capital invested in him last season (mid-4th round pick by Cincinnati) and I grabbed him with a 3rd round rookie pick in dynasty.  He was cut because of off-the-field stuff.  Coming out of college he was thought to be plus in the passing game, so there's your potential PPR intrigue.  And, really, given how bad Miami is, they are going to be behind all the time so the only real way to get value out of their backs is going to be those catch-up passes.  

I stashed this guy a couple weeks ago in a deep dynasty league.  Definitely not a play for 12-teamers but maybe 14-teamers or other types of deep PPR formats as an upside flyer.

16 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

There was draft capital invested in him last season (mid-4th round pick by Cincinnati) and I grabbed him with a 3rd round rookie pick in dynasty.  He was cut because he was worse than God-awful on the field.  Coming out of college he was thought to be plus in the passing game, so there's your potential PPR intrigue.  And, really, given how bad Miami is, they are going to be behind all the time so the only real way to get value out of their backs is going to be those catch-up passes.  

I stashed this guy a couple weeks ago in a deep dynasty league.  Definitely not a play for 12-teamers but maybe 14-teamers or other types of deep PPR formats as an upside flyer.

Fixed something for you. 

Only a limited practice today for Mr. Walton.  Now that Miami sees he is "the future" (of this tank job) they are going to give their asset maintenance days.

• Haha 4