shakestreet

10/8 Astros vs Rays Game

Verlander knocked out after 3.2 innings ... yea 

hours ago,  jfazz23 said: 

lets go Tampa. force a game 5!

against Verlander? lol

• Like 1

Would love to see the Rays go all the way. A rotation of Morton/Glasnow/Snell is pretty formidable if they can find a way to close this game out and somehow beat Cole train Thursday. 

28 minutes ago, kwolf68 said:

Would love to see the Rays go all the way. A rotation of Morton/Glasnow/Snell is pretty formidable if they can find a way to close this game out and somehow beat Cole train Thursday. 

As a Yankee fan I rather face the Rays over the Astros, especially with HF advantage vs the Rays. Not that the Rays will be a walkover (as they're showing vs the Astros). But Cole is scary good.

• Like 1

Just now, exm said:

As a Yankee fan I rather face the Rays over the Astros, especially with HF advantage vs the Rays. Not that the Rays will be a walkover (as they're showing vs the Astros). But Cole is scary good.

Can't say I'd blame you there. And Blake has not had great success against the Bombers so I'd put  my money on NY. But if the Rays DID comeback to win this series (I do not think they get past GC) they will have that "Cinderella" thing working for them and maybe Blake is due against the Yankees. 

While Sevy was very shaky the other night, IF he rounds into shape the Yankees become a serious problem, because he's a dynamic pitcher who makes them THAT much better.  

• Like 2

3 Game 5s in the Division Series. Wow.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, exm said:

3 Game 5s in the Division Series. Wow.

NL ones sort of confirm what everyone expected, namely they are all pretty much at the same level.  The Dodgers were considered the only team above the rest, and they seem to find a way to play to the level of their competition in the playoffs or worse (see Kershaw).  TB vs Houston is the real surprise.  If Houston loses it is going to once again prove the folly of pitching starters used to going every 5 days on the 4th day.  The track record of SPs doing that has not been good. 

• Like 1