Trench Mob

Tyler Herro 2019-2020 Outlook

15 minutes ago, bmoney0111 said:

Nope my only one altogether. My other SF was D Hunter but just dropped him for Herro.

I recommend you make some changes asap. You dont want your only SF to be a bench player. That’s a wasted slot in my opinion.

• Like 1

I missed out on Mitchell his rookie year because I was worried about his FG% being a drain so I might not be the best guy to listen to on this, but I would wait to see how their rotation really is to start the regular season.

They have a lot of wings. A lot. Veteran wings that can still contribute and that Spo respects and likes. I know he is talented and looks great in the semi-defense playing preseason. And he will probably play his way into minutes eventually, but this isn’t exactly like the Mitchell situation. The Heat aren’t starving for a scorer/shot creator like the Jazz were because Hayward left.

Don’t drop anyone meaningful just yet if you have already drafted.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

I missed out on Mitchell his rookie year because I was worried about his FG% being a drain so I might not be the best guy to listen to on this, but I would wait to see how their rotation really is to start the regular season.

They have a lot of wings. A lot. Veteran wings that can still contribute and that Spo respects and likes. I know he is talented and looks great in the semi-defense playing preseason. And he will probably play his way into minutes eventually, but this isn’t exactly like the Mitchell situation. The Heat aren’t starving for a scorer/shot creator like the Jazz were because Hayward left.

This kid is a special shooter... off the dribble, off screens, catch and shoot.. special.. not just good, GREAT. Mitchell is nowhere near the shooter this kid is. Mitchell is obviously the better athlete but Herro is another level with his skill to shoot it.  His ability alone to shoot it reminds of Curry type stuff.. special

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, bmoney0111 said:

I was just thinking about that. I might have to do just that. Thanks!

Yeah bro I just cut Hunter for Derrick Jones Jr. Herro is a no brainier

30 minutes ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

Hmm yea if you missed on Mitchell you might not be the best guy to listen to here😂

I'm sure you're a nice guy tho👍

• Haha 7

3 minutes ago, MNDOGG said:

This kid is a special shooter... off the dribble, off screens, catch and shoot.. special.. not just good, GREAT. Mitchell is nowhere near the shooter this kid is. Mitchell is obviously the better athlete but Herro is another level with his skill to shoot it.  His ability alone to shoot it reminds of Curry type stuff.. special

I just mentioned Mitchell because someone had said he is this year’s Mitchell.

True, he is a better pure shooter than Mitchell and he’s going to be good. But let’s not get carried away here and especially with the Steph comparisons.

He shot 35% from three in college. Just for comparison, Steph, Booker shot 41% from three in college. Redick shot 40% from three in college. Klay shot 41% his first college season.

• Like 1

Keep in mind he's a rookie. 

Steph's rookie year, he wasn't rosterable till the 2nd half of the year.

i got satoransky and im thinking of dropping for this kid. He looks solid 

4 minutes ago, Gdupm6 said:

i got satoransky and im thinking of dropping for this kid. He looks solid 

His ceiling is that of Steph Curry. Ain't no time to think lol. Go and grab him.

dropped him for J. Grant then dropped J.grant again for him LOL i think this guy is now truly legit and with Waiters/Dragic injury prone this kid can blossom by december. After All St

Spo says his D sucks though, so he'll probably score but get abused on D which will limit him to less minutes??

23 minutes ago, mtx said:

Spo says his D sucks though, so he'll probably score but get abused on D which will limit him to less minutes??

He's been working out with Jimmy constantly. It's going to get ironed out.

Herro looks like some kind of new model Curry/Korver hybrid but I'm not sure I'd roster him at this point. Spo is not the most reliable coach when it comes to player rotations, and I say that as a native South Floridian who's watched ~80% of Heat games since the early 2000s.  I wouldn't be surprised if Herro takes a backseat to Dion Waiters if for no other reason than Spo thinks Waiters over Herro would be a decisive difference-maker on defense as the Heat plod their way to a 42-40 record. 

Edited by PUNTSQUAD

Scooped up Herro and dropped Monk. There's probably a good chance that I will be regretting it for the first few months, but they're both valuable off the wire.

I think we should temper our expectations, shooting rookies are often inconsistent and inefficient.. which means drop city. I'm going to try and not be attached to this kid

Watching him every night kinda eases the pain that we drafted Winslow ahead of Booker ( Winslow's good, but ceiling is capped ).

7 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

Watching him every night kinda eases the pain that we drafted Winslow ahead of Booker ( Winslow's good, but ceiling is capped ).

Hoping herro can carry that preseason into the regular season. His shot is so smooth really reminds me of Booker and his shot. Whether or not he gets that success right out the gate 🙏

7 minutes ago, Monkeyking69 said:

Hoping herro can carry that preseason into the regular season. His shot is so smooth really reminds me of Booker and his shot. Whether or not he gets that success right out the gate 🙏

Depends on his defensive effort. If that becomes an issue, then the bench will get warm. Just the way it is. But he's working with Butler every morning it seems. That all that needs to be known.

1 minute ago, Trench Mob said:

Depends on his defensive effort. If that becomes an issue, then the bench will get warm. Just the way it is. But he's working with Butler every morning it seems. That all that needs to be known.

agreed 100 % 

Butler will definitely keep a lot of these young bucks accountable. 

• Like 1

I feel like Herro may be Butler's favorite player on this team. Now he might not be on the same tier as LeBron for the simple fact that when LeBron was here, what he says, goes. But Spo probably will give Butler the same respect. If he feels like Herro is a better option than Waiters, then so be it. Jimmy was so happy when Herro was ejected lol. I think 4 out of 5 is set in stone.

C - Bam

PF - Leonard

SF - Butler

SG - ?

PG - Winslow

Butler likes Dion's work ethic too. And Waiters is a whiny b****. The final verdict should be Herro named starter, but I guess we just have to wait and see.

On 10/18/2019 at 11:24 AM, Trench Mob said:

Waiters is a whiny b****. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

what a joke, he’s got melo’s ego with a quarter of his skills. He probably went nuts because he was told he’s coming off the bench, what an entitled prick. The reason I assume this is because he already stated he doesn’t want to come off the bench.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Trench Mob said:

herro owners:waiters is our hero:lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Missed him in our redraft league but I've got him in a keeper. He was a lot of fun watching in college. Kid has it. Whatever it is.

8 hours ago, Lifschitz said:

what a joke, he’s got melo’s ego with a quarter of his skills. He probably went nuts because he was told he’s coming off the bench, what an entitled prick. The reason I assume this is because he already stated he doesn’t want to come off the bench.

When he saw NUNN go off he realized that his role would eventually diminish through the season...  I hope this gives HERRO a clear path for 25 + MPG. What ya'll think?