Sign in to follow this  
mrbonifacio

Byron Pringle 2019 Outlook

Hill probably back this week. That would push Pringle outside of 3 WR sets. Not much value if that's the case. Good flex play if Hill sits though.

• Like 1

Is his nickname "the potato chip?"  lol.  Even if Hill and Watkins are out, there are still Robinson and Hardman to contend with for catches.  Not to mention Travis Kelce.  He had a good week this past week but it will likely be a new Chiefs wr leading the team every week when Hill and/or Watkins is out.

Posted this in Hardmans thread as well but who is the play if Watkins sits and Hill plays? Seems like Hardman plays outside and Pringle slot but could be completely backwards so any insight is helpful.

The way I see it is as follows

Tyreek hill

Backup: hardman

Sammy Watkins 

Backup:Byron pringle

Old chris conley role:

Robinson//Hardman

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

While Sammy’a out he’s got a shot in this high powered offense. Definitely worth an add imo, if he ends up being a fluke no big deal

3 hours ago, Breesus said:

While Sammy’a out he’s got a shot in this high powered offense. Definitely worth an add imo, if he ends up being a fluke no big deal

Spot on. I just added him to see what happens. 

1 minute ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

Anyone thinking about starting this cat if Watkins and Hill are out? I’m debating on Odell, McCoy or Pringle in my flex. 

if both are out? of course he's in play ... we saw enough last week - kid made some clutch grabs, flashed sime pizazz ... that TD off the 'Homie fire drill was magnifico ... QBs don't forget adjustments like that. 

• Like 1

Sammy is doubtful.  Really considering starting this guy. Did he play the slot mostly last week?

Only 1 🏈😢

Just now, joebaker23 said:

Is it safe to say this guy takes over the Sammy role in this offense when Sammy is gone?

I ask this question because I’ve been back and forth about him and MVS in my flex this week

19 minutes ago, joebaker23 said:

Is it safe to say this guy takes over the Sammy role in this offense when Sammy is gone?

As someone who owns both Pringle & DeMarcus Robinson I’m battling over the Chiefs WR pecking order this week too.

It did look like Pringle was Sammy’s direct backup, but that also could have been because Sammy was playing “X”, Demarcus Robinson “Z” and Mecole Hardman “Y” and Pringle was the backup “X” that week. 

If Tyreek comes back he goes back to the “X” and I think Robinson stays at the “Z” and Hardman at the “Y”. So does Pringle go back to the bench? or does he move positions this week. 

Honestly, I’m leaning toward thinking he goes back to the bench if Tyreek is active. Obviously if Tyreek doesn’t play fire him up no doubt. I’m just not sure what his specific role is yet - mostly if Hill plays. I personally am leaning toward Robinson > Pringle this week. And that isn’t even a strong endorsement for Robinson if Tyreek is back either. 

Edited by LarryDavid

On 10/11/2019 at 11:09 PM, LarryDavid said:

As someone who owns both Pringle & DeMarcus Robinson I’m battling over the Chiefs WR pecking order this week too.

It did look like Pringle was Sammy’s direct backup, but that also could have been because Sammy was playing “X”, Demarcus Robinson “Z” and Mecole Hardman “Y” and Pringle was the backup “X” that week. 

If Tyreek comes back he goes back to the “X” and I think Robinson stays at the “Z” and Hardman at the “Y”. So does Pringle go back to the bench? or does he move positions this week. 

Honestly, I’m leaning toward thinking he goes back to the bench if Tyreek is active. Obviously if Tyreek doesn’t play fire him up no doubt. I’m just not sure what his specific role is yet - mostly if Hill plays. I personally am leaning toward Robinson > Pringle this week. And that isn’t even a strong endorsement for Robinson if Tyreek is back either. 

I am interested in pecking order. I might have to play pringle today.

18 minutes ago, Truth11 said:

I am interested in pecking order. I might have to play pringle today.

Ya probably shouldn’t

4 minutes ago, phisouza33 said:

No league winner. Strong hold

Why is he a league winner? Kelce and hill will dominate targets now.

Pringle is actually a great talent who had a criminal background. That's why he was a 25yo rookie last year and went undrafted despite his explosive traits. But he got his life in order when he became a father, at least the Chiefs claim so. But on a legal front it became quiet around him which is usually a good sign. Could be a decent dart throw in deeper leagues if some WRs above him in the pecking order miss time. Actually, you could argue that Pringle has played more snaps than Hardman recently and outproduced both Hardman and  Robinson since he got playing time on offense.

3 minutes ago, frog34 said:

Pringle is actually a great talent who had a criminal background. That's why he was a 25yo rookie last year and went undrafted despite his explosive traits. But he got his life in order when he became a father, at least the Chiefs claim so. But on a legal front it became quiet around him which is usually a good sign. Could be a decent dart throw in deeper leagues if some WRs above him in the pecking order miss time. Actually, you could argue that Pringle has played more snaps than Hardman recently and outproduced both Hardman and  Robinson since he got playing time on offense.

I know he is talented. Just league winner caught me by surprise.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Truth11 said:

Why is he a league winner? Kelce and hill will dominate targets now.

I was joking. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, throwaway9614 said:

Droppable?

Absolutely droppable (pretty close to "must drop" in most normal-sized leagues).  I'm holding him in 14-team dynasty where close to 300 offensive players are owned but even then he's probably the last guy on my roster, or close to it.  The nice thing is that this week he plays on Thursday so if you're in a league that allows you to drop a bench player after the Thursday game (Yahoo) you can sit him and get a "free look".