colepenhagen

Serge Ibaka 2019-2020 Outlook

what to make of ibaka coming off bench. was fine last year and actually had a nice spike in blks and boards. 8.5 reb 1.6 blks in only 22 min. 12/8 with 0.7 threes 1.5 blks on solid % seems doable. not bad after pick 100. just hope the blks and boards are there. any chance he carves out 25 min?

On 10/10/2019 at 8:18 PM, colepenhagen said:

what to make of ibaka coming off bench. was fine last year and actually had a nice spike in blks and boards. 8.5 reb 1.6 blks in only 22 min. 12/8 with 0.7 threes 1.5 blks on solid % seems doable. not bad after pick 100. just hope the blks and boards are there. any chance he carves out 25 min?

With timeshare with Gasol at C i can see Ibaka with 23-24 mins at best. Given Marc`s age Ibaka looks better option, but both healthy looks like Brooklyn`s situation. Later in the season both Ibaka and Gasol can lose some mins from Boucher, if the season goes ugly. 

1 hour ago, montanski said:

With timeshare with Gasol at C i can see Ibaka with 23-24 mins at best. Given Marc`s age Ibaka looks better option, but both healthy looks like Brooklyn`s situation. Later in the season both Ibaka and Gasol can lose some mins from Boucher, if the season goes ugly. 

nah man. Ibaka should be playing 27-30 per night given Marc's age

32 minutes ago, atlantadynasty said:

nah man. Ibaka should be playing 27-30 per night given Marc's age

What you think that at age 34 (soon 35) basketball is finished? If player is skillful then age doesn't mean anything because experience gives him some advantage which he loses by age. Of course Ibaka can play 25+ minutes but not due to Marc's age, that is sure.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, apatas said:

What you think that at age 34 (soon 35) basketball is finished? If player is skillful then age doesn't mean anything because experience gives him some advantage which he loses by age. Of course Ibaka can play 25+ minutes but not due to Marc's age, that is sure.

I agree with this. I think people are discounting Gasol a bit much. He may be mid 30's, but he still has plenty left in the tank.

I wouldn’t say plenty. He looked washed end of last season and 1st round of playoffs.

53 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

I wouldn’t say plenty. He looked washed end of last season and 1st round of playoffs.

He looked pretty good this summer while carrying Spain to a world championship........

Edited by Ajax
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Maybe the 1st round but he was a beast overall in the playoffs.

That said, I think he will be fairly inconsistent throughout the year.

5 hours ago, Ajax said:

He looked pretty good this summer while carrying Spain to a world championship........

and you think carrying them during summer will help him throughout the season? If anything it hurts him cause he didn't get any rest 

Ibaka is definitely undervalued in yahoo,he is durable and consistently rank inside top 70 in 9 cat in his career

spacer.png

Given Marc is near 35 and played FIBA in summer,I think Nurse will manage Marc playing time and will give him some load management during the regular season.Kawhi gone and this is Ibaka contract year also boost his value

5 hours ago, atlantadynasty said:

and you think carrying them during summer will help him throughout the season? If anything it hurts him cause he didn't get any rest 

I only mentioned that because the above poster said he had nothing left in the tank. Gasol has spent his entire career playing for Spain's national team and that hasn't hurt him in the past, so not sure why you'd think it's any different this year. In any case, I'm glad most people are down on him, because it helps get him at a discount this late. Cheers!

1 hour ago, Ajax said:

I only mentioned that because the above poster said he had nothing left in the tank. Gasol has spent his entire career playing for Spain's national team and that hasn't hurt him in the past, so not sure why you'd think it's any different this year. In any case, I'm glad most people are down on him, because it helps get him at a discount this late. Cheers!

I'm down cause of his age but yeah, you could be able to get him with a discount it looks like

Is he roster worthy in 8teams? Got warren at end of bench.

Edited by deathrazor

2 minutes ago, stickman786 said:

he done.

??

What happened 

1 minute ago, IT2 said:

??

What happened 

In terms of fantasy value. I know its one quarter but this raptors team has too many mouths to feed. OG, Fred, Lowry, pascal are all looking really good and at least the first 4 options lol. I know its early but i dont think he's going to have much value this year.

Gasol is old, slow and cant guard anything past 15 feet out. I think ibaka will be fine

17 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

Gasol is old, slow and cant guard anything past 15 feet out. I think ibaka will be fine

yeah you're right maybe i jumped the gun here lol

17 minutes ago, stickman786 said:

yeah you're right maybe i jumped the gun here lol

hey you made it through one 5 min rotation of ibaka. could of been earlier. he will be useful as a 4-5th pf/c in fantasy

Continues outplay Marc in fantasy

He hopped off while putting light pressure on the foot. I am guessing 1-2 weeks, not a long term thing. Pure speculation, but I don't think it will be as bad as has been reported.

20 minutes ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

He hopped off while putting light pressure on the foot. I am guessing 1-2 weeks, not a long term thing. Pure speculation, but I don't think it will be as bad as has been reported.

hopefully, to me it looked much worse than 1-2 weeks. Prayers up for the mafuzzy chef