Mj66

Matisse Thybulle 2019-2020 Outlook

12 hours ago, NoHablaIngles said:

thy new lord and saviour 

There is only ONE true Lord and Savior and that is Jesus Christ.  Get your mind right.

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

45 minutes ago, summersoff7 said:

There is only ONE true Lord and Savior and that is Lord Covington.  Get your mind right.

FTFY

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You guys have no chill.

If injuries happen, and this kid becomes the 3rd-4th scoring option, this kid will score.

Edited by MysticPeak

2 hours ago, summersoff7 said:

There is only ONE true Lord and Savior and that is Jesus Shuttlesworth.  Get your mind right.

Fixed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm punting FG%, turnovers and possibly assists, depending on whether Trae, Harden and Kyrie can keep me afloat (probably not). This kid is gold.

He's one great game (think 15 points 10 rebounds) from being the WW Pickup of the year. He's already picking up steam in some of my leagues. Still unclaimed in my 18-teamer Points league 😮

10 minutes ago, mtx said:

He's one great game (think 15 points 10 rebounds) from being the WW Pickup of the year. He's already picking up steam in some of my leagues. Still unclaimed in my 18-teamer Points league 😮

This logic makes zero sense

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

53 minutes ago, mtx said:

One great game do not maketh the man. 

Edited by flat_eric

1 hour ago, Bringthesonicsback said:

This logic makes zero sense

Wait too long (i.e. for the amazing game) and you'll miss your chance. If the positive signs (i.e. play time, coach's confidence, shots, defense) are there it's only a matter of time before he explodes.  

If you are playing roto OR your H2H matchup looks favorable this week then maybe you can afford to stash him.

All this preaching yet he's unclaimed in my 18-teamer Points league 😮 because his upside is only 15-20 FPoints in this format. That's enough for me to pick him up. I'm looking for someone Nunn-esque.

8 hours ago, summersoff7 said:

There is only ONE true Lord and Savior and that is Jesus Christ.  Get your mind right.

No.

Have you heard of the Good Lord Covington and his disciple Thybulle the painter? 

1 hour ago, mtx said:

Wait too long (i.e. for the amazing game) and you'll miss your chance. If the positive signs (i.e. play time, coach's confidence, shots, defense) are there it's only a matter of time before he explodes.  

If you are playing roto OR your H2H matchup looks favorable this week then maybe you can afford to stash him.

All this preaching yet he's unclaimed in my 18-teamer Points league 😮 because his upside is only 15-20 FPoints in this format. That's enough for me to pick him up. I'm looking for someone Nunn-esque.

We're high on him, but you're on Cloud 9.

5 hours ago, xlosingmyedgex said:

It's not perfect, but it's working. 

All you need is one more guard. Grab Payton off the wire and you're good, hell even rondo will do with those guys on your squad. 

• Thanks 1

He played poorly when running with the starters. I'm thinking hes better off in his bench position playing great D against teams back up squad. I doubt he gets 3+ stocks against a good starting lineup. I picked him up everywhere then dropped him most teams, now I'm just waiting it out to see if the blocks continue. Can find steals, but blocks are really hard to find post draft. 

5 hours ago, johnval1362 said:

He played poorly when running with the starters. I'm thinking hes better off in his bench position playing great D against teams back up squad. I doubt he gets 3+ stocks against a good starting lineup. I picked him up everywhere then dropped him most teams, now I'm just waiting it out to see if the blocks continue. Can find steals, but blocks are really hard to find post draft. 

Kind of how he clamped Kemba?

6 hours ago, johnval1362 said:

All you need is one more guard. Grab Payton off the wire and you're good, hell even rondo will do with those guys on your squad. 

Thanks for the feedback, I've got Dejounte on my roster too, so hopefully that rounds out my lineup long term.

Eating my own words, added him for free FAAB $0 dropped Paschall, no loss lol

I follow college basketball closely. I'm also a Huskies fan so I follow them more closely. Admittingly, there is likely some bias in this but Thybulle is the most impressive perimeter defender I have ever seen in college. I've seen a good amount of players come out of the school over the last few years. Multiple have been lottery picks but I have never been so sure of a player making an impact in the NBA as this guy.

His defense is absolutely absurd. The ability to jump passing lanes and sense where the guy is going is like something I have never seen before. Last season he had 70% of his games with at least 5 stocks. He had a 4 game stretch where he AVERAGED 9.25. 9.25 ******** steals and blocks combined. Most college players would have the game of their life no matter how good they are if they got 9 stocks in a game. He averaged more than that over a 4 game span. 

Dude is a straight up killer on the defensive side. An assassin. He is going to continue to get minutes because of how good he is on defense and his shooting is going to go up. He was at 85% from the line last year so he has good mechanics just needs to get more work in. Regardless, baller.

• Like 6