Mj66

Matisse Thybulle 2019-2020 Outlook

eh.  I drafted Miles Bridges. He's the real Lord RoCo!..

I'm in a redraft league, don't care about Thybulle.  Thanks for this entertaining thread though. H'es on the watch list now!

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, DZaak said:

I'm in a redraft league, don't care about Thybulle.  Thanks for this entertaining thread though. H'es on the watch list now!

Assume you meant Mikal...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Is he going to be the sixth guy of the team right of the gate? 
76ers bench is actually quite thin

2 hours ago, zass17 said:

Is he going to be the sixth guy of the team right of the gate? 
76ers bench is actually quite thin

Based on preseason, yep, it's heading that direction.

4 hours ago, DZaak said:

the blasphemy on this site is out of control

• Haha 1

I am all in with taking drafting him with one of my last picks!  He is going to get 20 plus minutes whether right away or in a month or two.

Even if you don't believe he is going to get enough minutes right out the gate, he is going to play well enough to force them into playing him because like others have said, their bench is thin.  Thin with a capital T. 

And being a rookie doesn't matter.  If you can play, you can play.  Regardless of how good the starting lineup is, every team needs a couple of guys to provide quality minutes off the bench.  He is that guy.  The elite stocks is definitely worth it to find out.

• Like 4

Watched every game of his in college.  I’m a huge Washington Huskies fan.  His defense as everyone has highlighted is unreal.  But the guy is one of the worst shooters I’ve seen in my life.  Unless he’s learned how to shoot outside of break away layups and dunks, he could be hard pressed scoring in the nba.  His offensive skills seemingly got worse as he got older also which is bizarre.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

13 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

Watched every game of his in college.  I’m a huge Washington Huskies fan.  His defense as everyone has highlighted is unreal.  But the guy is one of the worst shooters I’ve seen in my life.  Unless he’s learned how to shoot outside of break away layups and dunks, he could be hard pressed scoring in the nba.  His offensive skills seemingly got worse as he got older also which is bizarre.  

Which is why honestly I think he'll be a late-season or next-season play. We've seen non-shooters carve out big roles, but the 6ers lineup is already thirsting for as much shooting and floor spacing as it can get. I think Thybule might need some time to adjust before we really see his best stuff. 

I am scooping him up in most leagues, especially deeper ones.  Unfortunately dynasty leagues he's long gone.  Anyone that can come in on your last roster spot and potentially win you steals/blocks is gold.  

• Like 2

I took him with the last pick of my draft, and like others I'm interested to see what he can do on the defensive end. I'm not too concerned by the lack of offense, and as it's unlikely he will be taking many shots, he's not going to hurt you there.

I should mention I've already got Mitch Rob, Isaac, LNJ and Mikal Bridges - so I'm doubling down on stocks. 

Edited by flat_eric
  • Like 1

This thread has inspired me to watch him closely, but I'm by no means drafting him in standard leagues.

dude is a legit stock monsta

now we need to ask ourselves is there a pathway to 20+ minutes a night? well yes there is, because the phila bench is wafer thin.

but he needs to be able to knock down the three when it is available to truly cement his position as the first wing off the bench. but the opportunity is there. and that's enough for me to take a punt on him with my last pick.

Edited by flat_eric
  • Like 1

First time watching him tonight, his hands are everywhere and pursuit is relentless.  He also just hit a three on a pump fake, escape dribble.  I am very intrigued...

• Like 2

What do you think his FT% will be this season? He seems very inconsistent in this category during his time in college.

1st year - 71%

2nd year - 84%

3rd year - 71%

4th year - 85%

7 minutes ago, j3rkthenurk said:

What do you think his FT% will be this season? He seems very inconsistent in this category during his time in college.

1st year - 71%

2nd year - 84%

3rd year - 71%

4th year - 85%

If that 1.6 FTA per game is any indication, I don't think it's really a concern.

• Like 7

His holiness Lord Covington has left us with a disciple - the young Acolyte Thybulle who shall now follow the path to ascension!

• Like 3
  • Haha 5