Mj66

Matisse Thybulle 2019-2020 Outlook

Color me intrigued.  Guy looks like has a path to 20 minutes a game, and he's putting up RoCo like defensive stats. 

As a late round flier, I may have to bite.... I didn't know so much about him before this thread. Thanks.

Me checking my teams and seeing I have Thybulle on half of them...

spacer.png

Edited by hipriest69

My last roster spot is Herro.  I really want to add Thybulle, But herro is just as interesting! PS: I have a bunc hof stock monsters on my team, hence why I went Herro over Thybulle.

1 minute ago, DZaak said:

My last roster spot is Herro.  I really want to add Thybulle, But herro is just as interesting! PS: I have a bunc hof stock monsters on my team, hence why I went Herro over Thybulle.

I would probably go Herro over Thybulle too...

Thybulle might not be as useful in standard leagues, but in h2h leagues with deep benches or punt points teams he's THE ONE that could help win the chip.  

I feel this guy will be one of those off teams on teams all year long as people will get frustrated with a lack of scoring but he'll have nights where he shows up in stocks. Problem is if he has off games you're potentially looking at 0/1/0/1 type lines in limited minutes, that is risky bench production because he can't score much. Reminds me a little bit of the Jordan Bell hype, everyone expected monster block, steal, assist numbers with low scoring, already hyping him as the king of supplying the sacred stats, but he did little to nothing on the court and was heavily limited. Reason being is that teams generally can't risk playing 4 on 5 on offense nowadays out of their wing spots, they can do it with big men because post scoring isn't a necessity anymore, but wings who don't score really hurt you because teams will pack the paint and start forcing you into outside shooting (esp with Simmons there), so they'll just load up on other guys and force this guy to score the way they did to Bell.

Keep that in mind, if you have really high scoring or your punting points then he makes sense as a flier. But right now I'm far more intrigued by the other rookies.

Good deep league option though for sure.

Edited by Lifschitz
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, S.T.A.T. said:

rsz_image.jpg.feff444a76dbbfb5b6b5ac3e9252be6f.jpg

reported to moderators

reason:  pure unadulterated blasphemy

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Philly big favorites to win the east imo. Not only were they one shot away from beating the eventual champions, but they got better.  Replaced Butler, who wasn’t a good fit with JRich, lower usage 3 and D guy who should get along better with the team.  But they also added low usage god Horford with his brilliant defense/passing/versatility.  But now this guy...put him on the opponent’s best wing, or just free safety harass their offense.  Could be an X factor even in 20 mpg.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StifleTower2 said:

Philly big favorites to win the east imo. Not only were they one shot away from beating the eventual champions, but they got better.  Replaced Butler, who wasn’t a good fit with JRich, lower usage 3 and D guy who should get along better with the team.  But they also added low usage god Horford with his brilliant defense/passing/versatility.  But now this guy...put him on the opponent’s best wing, or just free safety harass their offense.  Could be an X factor even in 20 mpg.  

Don't forget KOQ,he is a very good backup C

• Like 1

Im surprised at how good his stroke is.. I'm watching some SL highlights right now and he has a really smooth set jumper, I thought this would be those classic I'm a bum on offense but I can play defense types.. nope.. his offensive ceiling is way higher than I thought.. what a steal for Philly.

Will be interested to see when he gets plugged in with Richardson and Simmons in the same line, teams won't be able to score on them at all..

• Like 2

Players that have averaged at least 1.8 SPG, 1.0 BPG, and 1.0 3PM: Marion (6 times), LeBron (once), Pierce (once), Wade (once), Pippen (once), Kawhi (once), Draymond (once), and Covington (twice). Thybulle has the potential to do something special here if he’s given around 20 MPG which he’s probably earned at this point.

Players that have averaged at least 3.0 SPG, 1.5 BPG, and 1.5 3PM (Thybulle’s per-36 projections which are NOT attainable but fun to think about regardless): no one. Literally no player has ever done this in NBA history.

Edited by subliminal
  • Like 1

Possibly very Shane Battier sneaky good. Those who owned Shane at his prime knows his fantasy prowess. 

5 minutes ago, NBA_OG said:

Possibly very Shane Battier sneaky good. Those who owned Shane at his prime knows his fantasy prowess. 

shane would also go weeks with pedestrian lines, he and Danny Green are much more similar in that they can be amazing when they’re on and frustrating when doing nothing (and I owned battier many times). The Bulle is much closer to roco in the stocks dept. battier had one year of 1.4 blocks and other than that was mostly 1/1 for his career like Green. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lifschitz said:

shane would also go weeks with pedestrian lines, he and Danny Green are much more similar in that they can be amazing when they’re on and frustrating when doing nothing (and I owned battier many times). The Bulle is much closer to roco in the stocks dept. battier had one year of 1.4 blocks and other than that was mostly 1/1 for his career like Green. 

You have to remember, those were the days without teams averaging 110pts per game. Shane's 1.4 would be considered higher today if vs. the stats back in the days.

I'm doing it. Don't try and stop me. He's gonna be a steal 🐐. Not exactly Mikal Bridges 2018 stat line but close enough.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lifschitz said:

This guy is for people looking for defensive stats. He's situational gold, like Mikal.

I´m all in with The Swiper

Image result for dora the explorer swiper gif

I was gonna take a chance on picking up Fultz but not when I learned that there's a new lord in town. 

• Like 2

My teams are generally high in points and I do fall in the stock dept sometimes. I grabbed him in all my leagues except 1, the best player I dropped was Rudy gay but I think hes worth it if your team can handle the severe lack of points. 

16 hours ago, Lifschitz said:

I feel this guy will be one of those off teams on teams all year long as people will get frustrated with a lack of scoring but he'll have nights where he shows up in stocks. Problem is if he has off games you're potentially looking at 0/1/0/1 type lines in limited minutes, that is risky bench production because he can't score much. Reminds me a little bit of the Jordan Bell hype, everyone expected monster block, steal, assist numbers with low scoring, already hyping him as the king of supplying the sacred stats, but he did little to nothing on the court and was heavily limited. Reason being is that teams generally can't risk playing 4 on 5 on offense nowadays out of their wing spots, they can do it with big men because post scoring isn't a necessity anymore, but wings who don't score really hurt you because teams will pack the paint and start forcing you into outside shooting (esp with Simmons there), so they'll just load up on other guys and force this guy to score the way they did to Bell.

Keep that in mind, if you have really high scoring or your punting points then he makes sense as a flier. But right now I'm far more intrigued by the other rookies.

Good deep league option though for sure.

Are we really comparing the second coming of the Lord with Jordan Bell?

This is blasphemy. 

Considering picking him up in my 12 teamed with the news that he’s first off the bench. Love his potential 

• Like 1