Mj66

Matisse Thybulle 2019-2020 Outlook

4 minutes ago, iowncrazyhair said:

Kemba taking him to school with the fouls drawn

Right. Matisse blew too hard on his back.

8 minutes ago, iowncrazyhair said:

Kemba taking him to school with the fouls drawn

Lord RoCo as it happened;

spacer.png

• Haha 1

Holding for now at least he's getting stls/blocks and took some 3's while getting minutes also with the early foul trouble. 

Positives are obviously the decent minutes and stocks. Enough for me to hold at least a little while longer. I've said it before but he needs to hit those threes to really make that sixth man role his own.

Strong hold, indeed. Missed a couple of layups and bricked a trailing wide open 3 as he didn't really get the better end of their offense. Kemba took him to school, but Matisse got the last laugh -- that swat was so pretty. LORD BULLE.

Edited by MysticPeak
  • Thanks 1

imagine if he's locking up a top 4 pg already in his rookie season. this dude is gonna be a beast by the time its his 3rd or 5th year. philly found a gem in the draft with this stud

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

He gets more stocks than counting stats lol. Interesting player. Im keeping as well

If he averages 2.2 steals and 1 block a game with 0.8 threes a game, does that make him top 100 in category leagues? Top 80?

Should I drop Mikal Bridges or Joe Ingles for him?

Edited by Xepa

30 minutes ago, Xepa said:

If he averages 2.2 steals and 1 block a game with 0.8 threes a game, does that make him top 100 in category leagues? Top 80?

Should I drop Mikal Bridges or Joe Ingles for him?

You'd have to post the rest of the line.  For now I don't think it's top 100 if he's getting 3 points, 1 rebound, and 1 assist even with the stocks.  But if that goes up even a little to where he's getting 6-7 points, a few boards...then his efficiency is at the median, doesn't commit any To, gets 4 stocks and 1 three that's top 75 value in 9 cat.  

Looked like a very promising debut. His length and quickness is a rare combo.

Bold non fantasy prediction: DPOY within the next 5 years.

Edited by stopmakingsense

4 minutes ago, stopmakingsense said:

Looked like a very promising debut. His length and quickness is a rare combo.

Bold non fantasy prediction: DPOY within the next 5 years.

I wouldn't say bold. He looks legit on defense so I wouldn't be surprised when he achieves that

12 minutes ago, atlantadynasty said:

I wouldn't say bold. He looks legit on defense so I wouldn't be surprised when he achieves that

Fair enough, but it's a tough award to win if you're not a big. Kawhi is the only recent one I can think of.

2 minutes ago, stopmakingsense said:

Fair enough, but it's a tough award to win if you're not a big. Kawhi is the only recent one I can think of.

Draymond.

I'm not saying the counting stats are bad, but I think he needs to at least get 2 3's a game to buoy that overall value. 

For example you'd almost just rather have a Danny Green for the 2-3 3's 1 / 1 because he's got a bit more scoring in him. If Thybulle was able to reach that kind of scoring, even just 2 3's a game and a layup or two it would really help.

I find it hard to roster a guy who may go 1/4 - 1/5 with 2 steals 1 block or even 2 blocks. Not saying there isn't value in it, but if your other guys are having an off scoring night or not getting great lines its a tough pill to swallow.

He almost becomes Roberson-esque if that's the case, and no one cared for Roberson (averaged 6.6/5.1 and 1.2 steals / 1 block and .6 threes a few seasons back in 30 mpg).

• Like 2

Anyone know what the equivalent of 2/2 stocks is in ppg or rebounds (in terms of distance from the mean / z-score). Would help standardize his value and frame it in a useful context.

I feel like 2 blocks/ game must be equivalent of scoring 23+ ppg. But I could be wrong so :)