Sign in to follow this  
Cmilne23

10/12 ALCS NLCS GAME DAY THREAD

We got TANAKA VS GREINKE, we got SCHERZER VS WAINWRIGHT

Who we taking?  Leaning Yanks and Cards.  Tanaka tough in playoffs, Greinke gets anxiety.  Waino so good at home this year, Scherzer said arm was hanging after last start.  Worried if that wheel might be cranky.

Who you got?

• Like 1

The Cards need to string a couple hits together before I'd take them against Scherzer.

Houston will come out firing today.

Nats-Stros.

• Like 1

LETS GOOOOOOO YAAAAAAAAANKS

revenge for 2017

Just missed a no-hitter yesterday. Maybe today?

did they change the baseball for the playoffs?

soto is a bad fielder from what ive seen during the playoffs

Why the hell is Rodney warming? He shouldn’t be anywhere near this game.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, meh2 said:

Why the hell is Rodney warming? He shouldn’t be anywhere near this game.

big hit by Eaton.  two run double.  they need all the runs they can get if rdney is coming in.  i would bring in Strasburg or corbin tbh

Huge hit. I’d go Corbin in the 8th and Hudson for the 9th. Stras is going Monday so he’s probably not available. Looks like it’ll be Doolittle.

Good job Nats!

3 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Good job Nats!

wish we didnt have to wait another hour for the yanks lol

• Like 1

Boone you got lucky double play 

Edited by shakestreet

we all know that alcs is world series, neither cards or nats have any business vs yankees or even houston.....

Anyhow, Yankees are showing who is the new boss.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DJSatane said:

we all know that alcs is world series, neither cards or nats have any business vs yankees or even houston.....

Nats rotation totally blows the Yankees rotation away. Especially if they make quick work of St Louis while the Yanks and Astros presumably go 6 or 7 games.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DJSatane said:

Really? Sounds like people who don't pay attention out of their little AL bubble. The Nationals are really talented, brah.

We've been bashing them for under-achieving for years. They started out 19-31, doing it again. Since that point? They finished out the season 74-38 over the last 4+ months.

Yankees and Nationals had near identical ERA's and OBP's this year. The Yankees overall offensive advantage came purely on HRs thanks to super balls(which have disappeared this post-season). The team with the #2 wOBA(.346) Belongs. The team with the #6 wOBA(.336) doesn't? When said team has the better rotation?

Yankees will and should be favored in series against the Nationals. For the reason a thin bullpen hurts the longer a series lasts. Yet, saying the Nats don't have any business is crap. They are extremely dangerous if you can't get their starters out of the game early.

• Like 2

gleyber is a freaking star

dont know why people dont put him right there with Soto and Acuna

18 hours ago, jfazz23 said:

gleyber is a freaking star

dont know why people dont put him right there with Soto and Acuna

Because he isn't. He is good, don't get me wrong. 162gm avg of 38hr 100rbi 5sb .275. Good numbers, but without reaching the .300 mark or stealing more than a handful of bases, he isn't elite.

1 hour ago, MSkibisky said:

Because he isn't. He is good, don't get me wrong. 162gm avg of 38hr 100rbi 5sb .275. Good numbers, but without reaching the .300 mark or stealing more than a handful of bases, he isn't elite.

That is your opinion. All three are special two play the outfield the other plays infield. We could debate what position is harder. 

Acura doesn’t hit 300, neither does Soto. Soto has only 17 stolen bases in his career compare to Torres 11. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

That is your opinion. All three are special two play the outfield the other plays infield. We could debate what position is harder. 

Acura doesn’t hit 300, neither does Soto. Soto has only 17 stolen bases in his career compare to Torres 11. 

I'm well aware it's an opinion, but lets be real - no one is taking Gleyber ahead of the guys, ESPECIALLY Acuna. That's not saying Gleyber isn't solid.. But his ADP will be lower as Acuna will most likely be 1-3 overall and Soto will most likely be high 1st rounder. Like i originally said, Gleyber is solid, but his numbers don't quite reach Soto level, and Acuna has the big advantage with speed, which is borderline non-existent. 

23 minutes ago, MSkibisky said:

I'm well aware it's an opinion, but lets be real - no one is taking Gleyber ahead of the guys, ESPECIALLY Acuna. That's not saying Gleyber isn't solid.. But his ADP will be lower as Acuna will most likely be 1-3 overall and Soto will most likely be high 1st rounder. Like i originally said, Gleyber is solid, but his numbers don't quite reach Soto level, and Acuna has the big advantage with speed, which is borderline non-existent. 

Oh, you are talking fantasy. Gotcha. I agree. Yep I am picking Acuna or Soto over Torres