Trench Mob

Nickeil Alexander-Walker 2019-2020 Outlook

3 hours ago, OxyBubbleMan said:

Might be worth a stream tomorrow against the weakest defense in GSW with all the injuries the Pels have. Also had a nice line against the Heat though I'm not sure if it is a garbage time special.

it’s not he played amazingly well all game, it shows his upside if they trade some pieces or go into the tank, but it’s over as soon as they get their full lineup back. 

6 hours ago, OxyBubbleMan said:

Also had a nice line against the Heat though I'm not sure if it is a garbage time special.

It wasn't that.  NAW was in the game early and was doing damage from the first quarter.  Nunn isn't great defensively and NAW was beating him off the PnR pretty easily and getting good looks.

Edited by ComeOnAndSlam

6 hours ago, ComeOnAndSlam said:

It wasn't that.  NAW was in the game early and was doing damage from the first quarter.  Nunn isn't great defensively and NAW was beating him off the PnR pretty easily and getting good looks.

Yeah, I just watched DTB's vid on him and noticed he was getting some nice separation on his defenders. I know NAW got game. I feel like I'm armchairing this when I say that the opening Toronto game really put a damper on his confidence when probably everyone he knows was there for it. I'm just hoping that this game and the Pel's injury woes is a blessing in disguise for him to get that confidence back. He's getting some nice usage whenever he's in a game but the shots just aren't falling which resulted in the decrease in playing time.

NAW has a very smooth game. You can tell he is getting more comfortable and his defense is quite impressive. I do think with Lonzo being as injury prone as he is and Hart/Frank Jackson currently injured, this could be a nice stretch for the rookie to produce some value and also to solidify his confidence/role going forward closer to what we predicted in the preseason.

The key here is that he’s playing next to Jrue. They had no choice because of injuries, but his defense, shooting, and playmaking gives him a higher ceiling than Hart. Hart is the better more efficient role player, NAW has more of a versatile skill set. 

Gentry’s system is truly amazing, you can plug and play almost anyone and they produce. 

I do worry about Ingram taking away usage, so he likely won’t hit these highs once Ingram is back and Hart only makes it more muddled, but at this point this sore knee issue seems to be more than they’re letting on.

if you have crap at the end of your bench you can do a lot worse with a stash.

I got Nunn and Graham by getting rid of decent floor guys like white and Powell, I exchanged a vet in Fournier for anfernee Simons, and now I’ll likely exchange simons for NAW to see if this goes anywhere.

I ended up with two high upside players by dropping vets, I want the guys who take my team to a championship level by having immense upside. 

15 minutes ago, Lifschitz said:

The key here is that he’s playing next to Jrue. They had no choice because of injuries, but his defense, shooting, and playmaking gives him a higher ceiling than Hart. Hart is the better more efficient role player, NAW has more of a versatile skill set. 

Gentry’s system is truly amazing, you can plug and play almost anyone and they produce. 

I do worry about Ingram taking away usage, so he likely won’t hit these highs once Ingram is back and Hart only makes it more muddled, but at this point this sore knee issue seems to be more than they’re letting on.

if you have crap at the end of your bench you can do a lot worse with a stash.

I got Nunn and Graham by getting rid of decent floor guys like white and Powell, I exchanged a vet in Fournier for anfernee Simons, and now I’ll likely exchange simons for NAW to see if this goes anywhere.

I ended up with two high upside players by dropping vets, I want the guys who take my team to a championship level by having immense upside. 

Fournier is pretty good bruh...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RingMyBell said:

Fournier is pretty good bruh...

Meh, he has a huge variance between high rank and low rank. Three good games boosted him up to top 80 when he was hovering around 120 before. People wanted to cut him just before that.

when his shot is not falling, he’s not getting enough peripherals to off set which is why his rank tanks.

hes a fine end of the bench guy, but if it’s between me finding another graham or nunn or keeping Fournier, I’ll take the former any day.