Sign in to follow this  
theantishere

Fred VanVleet 2019-2020 Outlook

Didn't find a thread on him for this season. 

What are our thoughts on him? Kawhi and Green leaving should open up a bunch of opportunity for him but I've also read that Norman Powell is likely to start at SG. FVV should still get minutes regardless. Is the 8th or 9th round too early for him if you're targeting assists and threes with some steals?

I wouldn't be worried. He's a really good player. An elite handcuff if you have Lowry. He still has standalone value, just outside the top 100. If something happens to Lowry, its a full go.

• Like 1

I drafted both Lowry and FVV in a Roto league so when Lowry sits, I have a borderline top 50 player in FVV to stick in my lineup. Actually, FVV probably cracks my starting lineup regardless.

On 10/12/2019 at 11:03 PM, Del Rio said:

I drafted both Lowry and FVV in a Roto league so when Lowry sits, I have a borderline top 50 player in FVV to stick in my lineup. Actually, FVV probably cracks my starting lineup regardless.

Did the same thing. This is my favorite "handcuff" situation this season. FVV has plenty of value anyway, if Lowry were to miss time he would be a stud.

On 10/12/2019 at 10:17 PM, theantishere said:

Our league decided to go auction this year. What's a good price to get him before you start overpaying?

probably too late but I got him for $2.  Every year in our auction back end top 100 guys always just go for 2-5 bucks.  12 team 9 cat h2h.  I think Van Fleet has a bit more upside, maybe top 85 so I nominated and got him.  

2 minutes ago, laurilegend said:

Too late to edit my previous post but Van Fleet was listed as the starter tonight.  Let's go!

Who else was he competing against? I always assumed he was going to start. 

4 minutes ago, j3rkthenurk said:

Who else was he competing against? I always assumed he was going to start. 

Powell, but yea if you were watching preseason and reading the tea leaves this isn't a surprise.  Still a nice confirmation for his owners and he's ready for an expanded role.

I'm thinking that I have to pick him up. 10 man pts league, +1 for pts, reb, ast, stl, blk, fgm, ftm and -1 for fga, fta and to.

Who would you drop for him out of NAW, Miles Bridges, Zach Collins, Rui, Zeller and Herro? I don't want to drop anyone but I really want him! Haha

Just now, SeanH said:

I'm thinking that I have to pick him up. 10 man pts league, +1 for pts, reb, ast, stl, blk, fgm, ftm and -1 for fga, fta and to.

Who would you drop for him out of NAW, Miles Bridges, Zach Collins, Rui, Zeller and Herro? I don't want to drop anyone but I really want him! Haha

In 10 man points?  I'd go with Rui.  You gotta grab Van Fleet he's going to outperform most of those guys by 20-30 spots most likely.

16 minutes ago, laurilegend said:

In 10 man points?  I'd go with Rui.  You gotta grab Van Fleet he's going to outperform most of those guys by 20-30 spots most likely.

I was so excited for Rui, feels so bad to drop him bbefore he plays a game. 

1 minute ago, SeanH said:

I was so excited for Rui, feels so bad to drop him bbefore he plays a game. 

Ha I own him too.  Based on this game maybe NAW is your cut.

Same settings, my other league's worst players are Kelly Oubre and Ja Morant. Think FVV would be worth adding over any of them?

And now he may have tweaked his ankle. Can I ever have anything nice? Sigh

He won't be this good, but the minutes are gonna be crazy.

8 minutes ago, jiiiggz said:

True but it shows what his ceiling can be. 

10 minutes ago, MarcoPol0 said:

he walked off and looked okay. hopefully just minor tweak

He's back on !

25 minutes ago, jiiiggz said:

top 60 you think a reach?  

Edited by laurilegend

would you guys take him over Satoransky? thinking of making the switch because I feel like this guys ceiling is higher