Sign in to follow this  
theantishere

Fred VanVleet 2019-2020 Outlook

3 minutes ago, laurilegend said:

top 60 you think a reach?  

It's interesting. I think he will be able to be around that mark. He has had 15 shots this game - going from 10/15 for 26 points currently. If that was 7/15 - for 18 points with the other stats, (5 rebounds, 6 assists, 1 steal and 3 3ptm), that is around that mark. 

• Thanks 1

Well, if anyone has been watching this entire game, this match up against the Pelicans has been pretty good for him since he's able to push the pace.

He's shooting 10 for 15 right now, and I would say he got like 5 lay ups. That's not going to happen every night but he def bumped his stock tonight from being picked in the 90-100 range to 65-75 range.

I think Lowry and FVL are def in line to be 2A and 2B behind Siakam and he's def a steal if you got him past the 90th pick in most drafts. It also helps that Gasol looks like a dinosaur out there but I'm not gonna read TOO much into game 1.

I can see him getting something like 17/4/6.5 with 2 3's and a steal though, those are top-50 numbers.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, halbounih said:

would you guys take him over Satoransky? thinking of making the switch because I feel like this guys ceiling is higher

Definitely. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jiiiggz said:

Well, if anyone has been watching this entire game, this match up against the Pelicans has been pretty good for him since he's able to push the pace.

He's shooting 10 for 15 right now, and I would say he got like 5 lay ups. That's not going to happen every night but he def bumped his stock tonight from being picked in the 90-100 range to 65-75 range.

I think Lowry and FVL are def in line to be 2A and 2B behind Siakam and he's def a steal if you got him past the 90th pick in most drafts. It also helps that Gasol looks like a dinosaur out there but I'm not gonna read TOO much into game 1.

I can see him getting something like 17/4/6.5 with 2 3's and a steal though, those are top-50 numbers.

he does a great job of keeping his dribble alive and pushing.  siakam, lowry and van fleet are the new big 3 in Toronto based on this game.  He won't shot this well obviously but all signs are there for a big year: minutes, role, skill improvement.

• Like 1

wow. this guy is a baller. Can't believe he dropped to me at 120. 
He's not going to keep these lines up all year but this is a good sign that he has the green light. 

17 points and 5 assists on good percentages is certainly within the realm of possibility this season.

Dude was clearly playing hurt the entire 4th quarter and still managed to drop 3 after 3. 

Can we get this man SG-eligibility?!

We're in for a top 50 season here. If Lowry goes down (injury prone and 34), then we may be look at more. What a steal.

I wish I had a share. Him and Bam are the two guys I wanted everywhere but didn't get a single share of. He looked unreal today, may be one of the steals of the year.

• Like 1

Made a mistake as well and overlooked FVV in all my drafts. I know he cant keep this up but he’s obviously a big part of their rotation this year and should be a major improvement from last season.

Just picked him up in both of my leagues. Put Blake Griffin in IR in one of them and dropped Miles Bridges in the other.

Csb; I took him w/ my last pick in a pretty casual $40 friend’s 10-teamer for an opening night stream and dropped him right after the tip-off lol 

2 minutes ago, 80version said:

Csb; I took him w/ my last pick in a pretty casual $40 friend’s 10-teamer for an opening night stream and dropped him right after the tip-off lol 

yikes. how much are you paying to get him back? loool

1 minute ago, Bringthesonicsback said:

yikes. how much are you paying to get him back? loool

Nothing. This is not a competitive league where I dropped FVV. For context, it was either him or TJW who we’ve already seen put up top-50 #’s over a prolongued stretch so can’t start kicking myself yet lol.  Thought it was just funny he’d be the one to go off.

Idk what his ceiling is but its pretty clear that top 100 is a lock. He is extremely aggressive and compliments Lowry very well. 

He's one of those guys you kept hearing people refer to as a great basketball player last season and through the playoffs, yet his numbers never suggested he had fantasy stud potential. I'm sure he was available after 125 in my draft and i'm kicking myself for missing out.

I hate this guy for killing my Warriors in the finals, but damn if I'm not absolutely ecstatic to have him on my fantasy squad. Top 75 ros is a lock barring anything weird happening, and honestly top 60 might be even closer if he continues to get 30ish minutes a night. 

And if Lowry ever goes down for a significant amount of time? Look out. 

That Toronto rotation was pretty tight last night too....lots of minutes coming for Fred.  Hope that ankle is good though.  Got him really late in a draft where I was hoping to get some extra 3's.....good start last night for sure!

Fred VanVleet poured in a career-high 34 points as the Raptors set a franchise record for an opener with 130 points (albeit in overtime). VanVleet continued the clutch play that defined his playoff run last June with a series of big shots last night and is a worthy addition in all fantasy formats. You can find this diminutive playmaker for the price of a roster spot in more than 80% of ESPN leagues.

I have to switch to espn money league if this guy is that widely available.

48 minutes ago, mchspd3 said:

Fred VanVleet poured in a career-high 34 points as the Raptors set a franchise record for an opener with 130 points (albeit in overtime). VanVleet continued the clutch play that defined his playoff run last June with a series of big shots last night and is a worthy addition in all fantasy formats. You can find this diminutive playmaker for the price of a roster spot in more than 80% of ESPN leagues.

I have to switch to espn money league if this guy is that widely available.

Wow, no kidding.  He's 86% owned in Yahoo leagues.

1 hour ago, Highlander23 said:

That Toronto rotation was pretty tight last night too....lots of minutes coming for Fred.  Hope that ankle is good though.  Got him really late in a draft where I was hoping to get some extra 3's.....good start last night for sure!

I think pending on matchups. Tbh their defence got exposed a bit with a short/short back court of Lowry with FVF. It worked alright in the finals when nurse started him to start the 2nd halves but they had Kahwi to help on D. 

1 minute ago, Pirate said:

I think pending on matchups. Tbh their defence got exposed a bit with a short/short back court of Lowry with FVF. It worked alright in the finals when nurse started him to start the 2nd halves but they had Kahwi to help on D. 

Agreed....that was the one thing I worried about is having him and Lowry on defense against some teams.  You have to figure they'll still play them both together for some minutes anyway and Fred will get any time Lowry is out, so even in a worst case lineup, he should be able to get mid to high 20's.