BrickWalled

Mike Conley 2019-2020 Outlook

He did well last year. Can he have similar production on the Jazz? My main concern would be his usage rate going down, but I would think he could maintain similar production this year with increased assists/FG%.

• Like 2

18/6/3 with 2.6 threes, 1.3 steals 45/85, 1.6 TO.  Usage will go down, efficiency up.  He's also one of the best catch and shoot PGs in the game so playing off-ball could be good for his threes.  Also has one of the best A/To ratios in the league, very intelligent with the ball.  Steals may also increase given that he will be exerting less energy on offense.  Another top 35 year imo (slightly prefer Lowry though Conley's ADP is higher).

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

18/6/3 with 2.6 threes, 1.3 steals 45/85, 1.6 TO.  

Generally find your predicted numbers to be really close to the mark. As a Conley owner I'd be thrilled if this is another of those times 

• Thanks 1

I drafted Conley over guys like Fox, CP3, and Lowry still on board. Not sure if I made the right choice but he seems like the safest consistent pick while Fox has the most upside I'm not sure he improves much on his 3's and ft. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Raiiny said:

I drafted Conley over guys like Fox, CP3, and Lowry still on board. Not sure if I made the right choice but he seems like the safest consistent pick while Fox has the most upside I'm not sure he improves much on his 3's and ft. 

I did the same. CP is probably better on per game basis but I’m worried about his age/health. He was picked right behind Conley in my draft. Fox was picked a round earlier than Conley/CP and is overrated imo. Lowry was picked two rounds later and is underrated. 

4 hours ago, Raiiny said:

Imo Conley is still a safer pick than cp3 and fox. Cp3 might be better per game but he will almost certainly miss a lot of games. Fox has really only had one good year and even then, he fell off the last couple of months - I'd like to see some consistency before burning a top pick on him. 

Agree that Lowry is underrated and will probably have a very good season this year. 

• Like 1

I have small concerns regarding his health and age. I know his game translates relatively well with age and helps that he's beside Mitchell and in front of Gobert, but his average games plays over his career is around 65.

I might be looking to sell high mid way though the season as his assists can be more valuable to another team. I drafted him for efficiency, steals and 3PM on a punt assist team. 

I managed to snag him for $17 in auction last night. Lowry surprisingly went for $31 so I was happy with the value there. I feel like Conley is being slept on and he fits the Utah system like a glove.  

• Like 1

how's he looked in Pre Season? I'm an owner but haven't managed to watch any Utah games yet

21 minutes ago, Quazza said:

how's he looked in Pre Season? I'm an owner but haven't managed to watch any Utah games yet

Excellent.

• Thanks 3

On 10/16/2019 at 12:24 AM, Raiiny said:

Did the same.  Love the efficiency, which is likely to improve on a more talented Jazz squad.  I'm on board in at least one league (so far). 

I love Conley this year.. he's way down in ADP and most platforms draft rankings. 

He's so low on ESPN I'm not sure what round to scroll down and draft him. I think he's worth as high as 3rd or 4th round pick but I've been able to snag him 6th or 7th in mocks on ESPN..their rankings are jacked up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Trifecta said:

I love Conley this year.. he's way down in ADP and most platforms draft rankings. 

He's so low on ESPN I'm not sure what round to scroll down and draft him. I think he's worth as high as 3rd or 4th round pick but I've been able to snag him 6th or 7th in mocks on ESPN..their rankings are jacked up.

Never seen him go pass 5th in my leagues, mostly 4th so probs 

12 hours ago, atlantadynasty said:

Never seen him go pass 5th in my leagues, mostly 4th so probs 

Are you in ESPN? That's the key. I drafted him at 68 on ESPN

1 hour ago, DZaak said:

Are you in ESPN? That's the key. I drafted him at 68 on ESPN

Wow, that's a steal. He's ranked in the top 40 on Yahoo, really hard to get him past there

On 10/12/2019 at 7:51 PM, StifleTower2 said:

18/6/3 with 2.6 threes, 1.3 steals 45/85, 1.6 TO.  Usage will go down, efficiency up.  He's also one of the best catch and shoot PGs in the game so playing off-ball could be good for his threes.  Also has one of the best A/To ratios in the league, very intelligent with the ball.  Steals may also increase given that he will be exerting less energy on offense.  Another top 35 year imo (slightly prefer Lowry though Conley's ADP is higher).

2.6 threes seems a lil too high, he avged 2.2 last season as the number 1 option.

13 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

2.6 threes seems a lil too high, he avged 2.2 last season as the number 1 option.

That’s exactly the point.  He will be off ball more and he’s one of the best catch and shoot pgs in the league.  Assists go down. Threes go up.  

How many games this dude gonna play. Seems like he’s always hurt 

7 minutes ago, molski said:

How many games this dude gonna play. Seems like he’s always hurt 

He played 70 games last season on a rebuilding team, not too worried 

Traded he and Roco for Westbrook, Winslow, Sexton.  The irony is that Westbrook hasn’t played yet but Winslow and Sexton are outplaying Conley and Roco.  😂