Sign in to follow this  
deezy

QB Strategy?

I'm a major underdog this weekend. My opponent has two players on the Saints - WR Michael Thomas and TE Jared Cook.

My question is - should I start Bridgewater as my QB to counter? Hoping that it softens my opponents upside if Thomas and / or Cook goes off. Bridgewater is pretty much guaranteed to put up points if he throws TD's to either or both of them. I know Thomas will get his. TE J Cook isn't exactly a top option on the offense. If all 3 pull a dud, at least my opponents best player won't rack up 20 or 30 points.

Heading into the matchup with not many options at QB - only got K Allen, Stafford, Cousins and Bridgewater available. Just not sure if this is a good strategy? (FYI - .5 PPR). If I were to start one of the other QB options listed, there's a chance the one I opt for may not put up good numbers.

Anyone have any thoughts on this strategy?

22 minutes ago, deezy said:

I'm a major underdog this weekend. My opponent has two players on the Saints - WR Michael Thomas and TE Jared Cook.

My question is - should I start Bridgewater as my QB to counter? Hoping that it softens my opponents upside if Thomas and / or Cook goes off. Bridgewater is pretty much guaranteed to put up points if he throws TD's to either or both of them. I know Thomas will get his. TE J Cook isn't exactly a top option on the offense. If all 3 pull a dud, at least my opponents best player won't rack up 20 or 30 points.

Heading into the matchup with not many options at QB - only got K Allen, Stafford, Cousins and Bridgewater available. Just not sure if this is a good strategy? (FYI - .5 PPR). If I were to start one of the other QB options listed, there's a chance the one I opt for may not put up good numbers.

Anyone have any thoughts on this strategy?

Bridgewater is the worst option. Stafford is the play.

16 minutes ago, WayneFontes said:

Bridgewater is the worst option. Stafford is the play.

Debating between Cousins and Stafford. I feel Cousins has more upside. Playing Philly, and their run D may force Min to air it out more. 

Cousins.  GB's defense is no joke, but Philly funnels everything to the passing game.  Cousins will have to air it out and should have success.

Stafford would be the play for me.  Should be a close game, Det is coming off a bye, and Stafford has done well in GB over the last few years.  Cousins would be my 2nd choice but he's just terrible though he has the easier matchup.