Sign in to follow this  
Walk with me

Best 1st/2nd round draft pairings?

Apologies if this kind of thread already exists but i draft Monday and I’m trying to figure out what 1st and 2nd round pairings would be good.

i guess it also depends on build/strategy. 

In a 10 cat double double league, trying to decide 2 out of Drummond Gobert and Vucevic. Is punting 3P, Points and FT too much?

I am pairing either Beal and butler or kemba and butler 

many suggestions at drafting at 12th

I started with Harden & Holiday.

Edited by wildcat62
  • Like 1

Who would u guys pair Embiid with?This is for espn league Points 14 team thank you in advance.

23 minutes ago, DB11 said:

Who would u guys pair Embiid with?This is for espn league Points 14 team thank you in advance.

You don't need to pair anyone in point leagues. Just draft the best player.

• Like 5

In H2H 9 cat, 10 players league with 3p% instead 3pm who would you draft as 8 pick: Jokic, Embiid, Kawhi, Lillard? Please explain why and who would you pair him with at 13th pick. Thanks ☺️

i have Gobert and Trae Young in a 16 team, 9 cat h2h league, i have a chance picking Butler but i opted for Young not sure which is better pairing

23 minutes ago, Tomy said:

And with KAT ? H2H 12 teams

I would pair KAT with Jimmy Butler or Vucevic/Ayton and build a balanced team. 

If you are picking in the first 3 picks, you can have Vucevic + Jrue in the 2nd/3rd

26 minutes ago, Snatch said:

I would pair KAT with Jimmy Butler or Vucevic/Ayton and build a balanced team. 

If you are picking in the first 3 picks, you can have Vucevic + Jrue in the 2nd/3rd

Only Ayton available maybe. KAT is 3rd to 5th pick and 2nd round pick (20 to 22) Butler and Vucevic are certainly drafted.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Croorc said:

In H2H 9 cat, 10 players league with 3p% instead 3pm who would you draft as 8 pick: Jokic, Embiid, Kawhi, Lillard? Please explain why and who would you pair him with at 13th pick. Thanks ☺️

Jokic because he is the best player there and has a pretty solid 3p%. That really devalues a guy like Lillard who is a beast at 3pm. Embiid and Kawhi can have the potential to be better than jokic but they have too much downside with load management 

9 hours ago, apatas said:

Only Ayton available maybe. KAT is 3rd to 5th pick and 2nd round pick (20 to 22) Butler and Vucevic are certainly drafted.

Usually drafted by then.  But I have seen both fall past that point.  I started with KAT at #2 in 8 cat roto, and was targeting Butler / Booker / Jrue / Trae but all taken...so ended up with KAT / Vuc pairing.  Wanted to take a little to potentially pair with Ayton on the way back.  So something like KAT / Jrue / Ayton...but ended up KAT / Vuc / D'lo.      

who would you pair with dame at 7 in an 8 cat roto?  Worried about grabbing a butler on the turn because that would put me in a hole in FG.

10 hours ago, magic32 said:

what about 10th/11th pick in roto 8 Cat?

Drummond + Westbrook

How about Steph Curry?who would u pair him up with?

2 hours ago, Snatch said:

Drummond + Westbrook

I would try for Drummond / Lebron if available...so much better FG from Lebron, at least you're stacking one % cat versus tanking both...

Just now, DB11 said:

How about Steph Curry?who would u pair him up with?

1) Vooch and punt blocks or Jimmy Butler and also punt blocks 

6 minutes ago, Walk with me said:

I got the 10 pick and ended up pairing 

dame and brad beal

am I crazy lol?

I have the 10th and 11th pick and there is no way Dame will still be around at 10. He should be the 7th pick after Curry, harden, AD, KAT, Giannis and Jokic. Consider yourself very lucky. I'll probably end up with Beal at 10. Not sure who Beal pairs up with the best in 8 cat Roto. Not punting anything and trying to avoid injury prone and load management players.

• Like 1